test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

One Month milestone and no ability / content changes?

madqhuemadqhue Member Posts: 58 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This week will see the one month milestone since the start of Open Beta and there have been zero changes to the game not directly linked to economic exploits or server performance.

When can we expect a resolution to:

Dungeon exploits -- skipping trash mobs or cheezing boss fights with pulling them solo to eliminate dealing with adds

Class adjustments -- Plethora of abilities that do not function, do not function in their alt-mode, or which function but are effectively worthless.

Aggro problems -- Clerics as defacto tanks resulting in Guardian Fighters only being viable if specced for pure DPS and the subsequent need to stack Clerics or use Clerics kiting as the primary adventuring standard.

Need Before Greed -- Ability for group members to roll Need on any item for the purpose of selling it on the Auction House

Right now the dungeons are way too long if fought 'as intended' and many of the bosses are impossible unless cheesy tactics are used. Exploits have become the defacto way to play the game as they are the only viable resolution to fundamental problems that should never have made it past early Beta.

Infrequent large content patches historically cause as many or more problems than they correct as it is highly unlikely to fix any of the above issues on the first few attempts. You've been "looking into" aggro issues and broken abilities since the early stages of the closed beta which goes back longer than a month.

How many weeks need to pass before you try to find solutions?
Post edited by madqhue on

Comments

• Options
    dustee071dustee071 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thats what bothers me about this game the most. Every other game in open beta has patch notes and improvements hundreds of lines long every week. Here it felt like this game had like 1 or 2 developers, which only had time to add more items to the Zen store, then proceeded to play Solitare.

Edit: Along with other important things. We have a horrible Dungeon and Pvp arena experience + 2 classes in the game being pretty much useless, and have been screaming about it nonstop ever since the launch but we seem to be ignored.
  • Options
    supp1shsupp1sh Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    bump.

THIS RIGHT HERE!! You will answer for this PWE or you will lose your playerbase. case in point, i have stopped playing until i see patch notes fixing at least one of the problems from OP. good post mate
    MAKE MARK HIT ENEMY AND ALL ENEMIES AROUND IT.
    MAKE THREATENING RUSH A 2-3 SECOND TAUNT THAT STILL MARKS THE SAME WAY.
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • Options
    cptcheese255cptcheese255 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    supp1sh wrote: »
    bump.

THIS RIGHT HERE!! You will answer for this PWE or you will lose your playerbase. case in point, i have stopped playing until i see patch notes fixing at least one of the problems from OP. good post mate

Why do you bother reading the forums then?
  • Options
    iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uh, guys... in case you haven't noticed, they're waaaaaaaay too busy with damage control and firefighting right now to be doing anything else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They already sent the devs on to their next cash making scheme.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Show me a game that has new content and abilities one month after launch. Gw2..ehh they didnt start to add content until at least two months
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Why do you bother reading the forums then?

to see if they fix it. to raise awareness of the issues with the game. and to see if pwe responds to any of these posts about issues i actually care about.
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    Show me a game that has new content and abilities one month after launch. Gw2..ehh they didnt start to add content until at least two months
    Not asking for content but to actual changes and fixes for feats that either don't work or work in the wrong way.

Many of these issues have been known since before launch and shouldn't be too hard to fix.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    madqhue wrote: »
    This week will see the one month milestone since the start of Open Beta and there have been zero changes to the game not directly linked to economic exploits or server performance.

When can we expect a resolution to:

Dungeon exploits -- skipping trash mobs or cheezing boss fights with pulling them solo to eliminate dealing with adds

Class adjustments -- Plethora of abilities that do not function, do not function in their alt-mode, or which function but are effectively worthless.

Aggro problems -- Clerics as defacto tanks resulting in Guardian Fighters only being viable if specced for pure DPS and the subsequent need to stack Clerics or use Clerics kiting as the primary adventuring standard.

Need Before Greed -- Ability for group members to roll Need on any item for the purpose of selling it on the Auction House

Right now the dungeons are way too long if fought 'as intended' and many of the bosses are impossible unless cheesy tactics are used. Exploits have become the defacto way to play the game as they are the only viable resolution to fundamental problems that should never have made it past early Beta.

Infrequent large content patches historically cause as many or more problems than they correct as it is highly unlikely to fix any of the above issues on the first few attempts. You've been "looking into" aggro issues and broken abilities since the early stages of the closed beta which goes back longer than a month.

How many weeks need to pass before you try to find solutions?

From your very own list it should be obvious they have a lot on their plate right now. Once these fires are put out, maybe they will have some time to get to other things.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    From your very own list it should be obvious they have a lot on their plate right now. Once these fires are put out, maybe they will have some time to get to other things.
    Apologist much?
  • Options
    cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    agreed. they dont seem to care about fixing or improving the gameplay anymore other than closing exploits and new zen items.
  • Options
    madqhuemadqhue Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The firefighting has been virtually all networking and database configuration issues with the exception of the Guardian Fighter and Control Wizard set bonus insta-kill bugs. The database gal and programmers would be needed to address the Need before Greed solutions either by flag setting to allow Need to be clicked or by setting the item to Bound if won via Need.

The other problems can and should be handled by the content and design teams who would not be engaged in the other firefighting. They seem to be slacking off in the manner one does after releasing a product... but this is NOT a released product. You can't use 'its not released' as an excuse for all the problems and simultaneously slack off because you are now pulling in cash and have effectively released the product.

First week? Yeah you are waiting to see how abilities and things mesh, you are logging content that isnt working as intended, you are making notes of low hanging fruit to change and implementing that in a new build. Second week? By then we should have seen the low hanging fruit like grossly mismatched hit point totals resolved. After a month and not one single issue addressed that doesn't immediately effect your Cash Shop?

Your early adopters will stop putting Zen into the game if they don't see marked improvements if they havent already. More importantly they will stop encouraging friends to pick the game up. I know that I was very bullish on the game and encouraging people to try it a month ago. Now? A friend asked me yesterday if he should give it a go and I frankly told him to not bother both because the game was down but also because Cryptic did not seem to be putting any additional effort into the title. I feel embarrassment for having recommended the title in the first place and have switched to actively telling people not to play.

One animated .gif that vaguely advertises Cash Shop content a few months down the line doesn't cut it. Get the executive producer posting things and do it yesterday. Enough with the Foundry spotlight stuff, start doing your **** job.
  • Options
    nlrockhornnlrockhorn Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The firefighting has been virtually all networking and database configuration issues with the exception of the Guardian Fighter and Control Wizard set bonus insta-kill bugs. The database gal and programmers would be needed to address the Need before Greed solutions either by flag setting to allow Need to be clicked or by setting the item to Bound if won via Need.

The other problems can and should be handled by the content and design teams who would not be engaged in the other firefighting. They seem to be slacking off in the manner one does after releasing a product... but this is NOT a released product. You can't use 'its not released' as an excuse for all the problems and simultaneously slack off because you are now pulling in cash and have effectively released the product.

First week? Yeah you are waiting to see how abilities and things mesh, you are logging content that isnt working as intended, you are making notes of low hanging fruit to change and implementing that in a new build. Second week? By then we should have seen the low hanging fruit like grossly mismatched hit point totals resolved. After a month and not one single issue addressed that doesn't immediately effect your Cash Shop?

Your early adopters will stop putting Zen into the game if they don't see marked improvements if they havent already. More importantly they will stop encouraging friends to pick the game up. I know that I was very bullish on the game and encouraging people to try it a month ago. Now? A friend asked me yesterday if he should give it a go and I frankly told him to not bother both because the game was down but also because Cryptic did not seem to be putting any additional effort into the title. I feel embarrassment for having recommended the title in the first place and have switched to actively telling people not to play.

One animated .gif that vaguely advertises Cash Shop content a few months down the line doesn't cut it. Get the executive producer posting things and do it yesterday. Enough with the Foundry spotlight stuff, start doing your **** job.

I'm pretty sure I don't lie when I say that roughly 70% of the playerbase feels the exact same thing.
    Thank you writing all this down in a civilized manner!

--Rockhorn
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    Apologist much?

I'm just pointing out the facts that should be obvious to anyone. No matter who you are, you can only do so many things at a time. If your house is burning down it isn't time to worry about washing the windows.
  • Options
    luther8luther8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think they have been too busy with fixing the performance issues on the server side, I remember reading somewhere that was there main goal. Plus there is new content every single day to play which is called foundry missions.
    The Adventures of Sherlock Colms

Quest I
    The Mysteries at Fang Ridge!
    Short code: NW-DGTN72HYL
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    luther8 wrote: »
    I think they have been too busy with fixing the performance issues on the server side, I remember reading somewhere that was there main goal. Plus there is new content every single day to play which is called foundry missions.

Yep, fixing the performance, dealing with exploits, and so on. That simply has more priority right now than adding new content, as it should. The Foundry is one of the major draws of this game to me, and is a large part of why I chose to support it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm just pointing out the facts that should be obvious to anyone. No matter who you are, you can only do so many things at a time. If your house is burning down it isn't time to worry about washing the windows.
    Riiiight, basically every post you make is excusing PW of any wrongdoing = apologist.
  • Options
    dustee071dustee071 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    luther8 wrote: »

Sure nobody denies that they have been busy these 2 days. What have they been doing for the past month? Fixing bugs? Improving gameplay? Doesnt look like it to me.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uh, guys... in case you haven't noticed, they're waaaaaaaay too busy with damage control and firefighting right now to be doing anything else.

^This. If people gtf off their nuts for 5min they can relax and actually fix the remaining bugs/exploits/aggro then move onto new Paragon Paths/Classes/Content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    funkmasterrickfunkmasterrick Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    ^This. If people gtf off their nuts for 5min they can relax and actually fix the remaining bugs/exploits/aggro then move onto new Paragon Paths/Classes/Content.

You, sir, are wrong. If people DON'T get on their nuts, nothing will get done. If nobody complains, the devs will just say, "No one is complaining about anything; this game must be fine."

And honestly, the company spent nearly an entire day to plan on a seven-hour rollback. They literally spent more than seven hours discussing and agreeing on that, with a mile of red tape bogging it down the whole time. Honestly, in a system like this where the shareholders obviously have so much control (as implied by the CM's tweets about how they have to present their solution to the shareholders before it could be approved), I do not expect to see -any- serious content-expansion work for at least three more months. And when it comes, I expect it to be terrible a buggy.
  • Options
    aurennaurenn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The OP makes some good points. The dungeon exploiting will get addressed but right now they have bigger bugs to squish. The Class system could us some tweaking, i've seen how certain things are worded and do not function as worded or are just useless skills. I completely agree with the aggro/cleric problem, many times my guild has tried to run a dungeon, organized group and everything, only to realize we can't make any progress with out seriously gearing out our guys, or having multiple clerics. And then the whole Need/Greed roll issue...if an item is outside of your class spec, you shouldn't be able to need it, a GWF should not be able to need on a GF shield only Greed.

But again, Cryptic only has so much staff assigned to NW and they are dealing with bigger issues atm, issues which threaten the long term life of the game such as the AH issue's. Bug fixing is never an easy thing, this coming from someone planning and going to college to get into the whole gaming industry as a coder. Thus far, Cryptic has done a good job, I just hope they don't get lazy as time rolls on and they keep up this kind of performance, referring to the rather constant little bug fixes to the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    Riiiight, basically every post you make is excusing PW of any wrongdoing = apologist.

Nah, I'm just not on the complaint bandwagon. But, hey, I know when you got nothing it's a great plan to apply a label such as 'apologist' to someone. Keep on raising that bar high!
  • Options
    edited May 2013

posting this again as people don't seem to realize that a real development team is split into groups, and three different groups would handle server issues, bugs, and game design (hell game design can have several groups in itself). so yes the debuggers and network guys are busy, but the design team must be on vacation as they haven't done jack
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • Options
    lazerglovezlazerglovez Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The drow are being added in one months time, they have already announced raids. If a content patch doesnt come by then then I would expect a thread like this. However one month into open beta is not long enough to start crying. -1
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The game is crumbling before their very eyes. They need a pass on the new stuff until they can keep the game from bleeding out within the next 10 days. Once they do that, we can all jump on the about more fixes and new content. Until then, let's just hope that can fix this and there is still a viable game for us to complain about eerrrr play this time next month.
  • Options
    fourmemberfourmember Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    people and their "THE SKY IS FALLING" posts.... play or don't