test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anybody else got missing AD from ZEN purchases yeseterday?

dannymccoydannymccoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 36
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I bought some Zen from PW during the "rollback" period yesterday.

I'll be straight, the only reason I did this was to get 500/1 in the market. I didn't set the prices, I didn't exploit, the service was still available, so I bought it.

Now my zen is gone (registered as being transferred to my server, mindflay) but it isn't in my account balance nor is available for withdrawal.

I have raised a support ticket and asked them to give credit my account with the zen @ the rate I bought it in good faith (500/1) or credit my paypal payment

anyone else with similar issues, carried out similar transactions yesterday?
Post edited by dannymccoy on

Comments

• pennstateitpennstateit Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Feel free to create a support ticket and have it closed immediately with a solution response that has nothing to do with what you requested.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dannymccoy wrote: »
    So I bought some Zen from PW during the "rollback" period yesterday.

I'll be straight, the only reason I did this was to get 500/1 in the market. I didn't set the prices, I didn't exploit, the service was still available, so I bought it.

Now my zen is gone (registered as being transferred to my server, mindflay) but it isn't in my account balance nor is available for withdrawal.

I have raised a support ticket and asked them to give credit my account with the zen @ the rate I bought it in good faith (500/1) or credit my paypal payment

anyone else with similar issues, carried out similar transactions yesterday?

You bought it at 500/1 Yesterday? You could have gotten cheaper than that. (especially if you are BUYING zen) always buy low (low AD to zen) and sell high (Zen to AD) Do you still have your AD?
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Karma ----
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • dannymccoydannymccoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    You bought it at 500/1 Yesterday? You could have gotten cheaper than that. (especially if you are BUYING zen) always buy low (low AD to zen) and sell high (Zen to AD) Do you still have your AD?

Cheaper? yes. legitmately though the zen trading platform no. Like I said, from my point of view, ok you perhaps could say that I knew what I was doing in buying at the market cap (which is 500), but on the other hand, the market was open. And in the same way responsible market makers close markets when big news drops or suspend trading, they didn't.

therefore, I want my 500/1 :)
  • dannymccoydannymccoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    jnaathra wrote: »
    Karma ----

You got me there, but like I said. it's all 100% legitmate, not my fault they are incompetent and were asleep / out on their boats at the time their cashcow went belly up.
  • iszi1iszi1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bought zen with real money from the website shop and mine is missing too =(
  • coolestdude0103coolestdude0103 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    These account specific questions on the forums won't get you anywhere. Sumbit a support ticket. Unfortunately the wait time will be 48 hours ish because of heavy load.
  • meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    Any legit player who stuck their finger into the smelly brown pie that was yesterday,should expect a smelly finger the next day.:p
  • haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you were 'legitimately' laundering these counterfeit astrals, knowing full well it was so, and now want fresh, clean astrals to replace what was rolled back? I don't think it's going to work that way.

I think you should get any Zen you purchased during the roll-back back. You might need to put in a support ticket and push it to get that done. However, also expecting 500:1 exchange to astrals is outrageous. It's no different than if the people who bought cats from the exploiters to come here and demand to get their cats back. The whole point of the roll-back is to erase as many of these deeper transactions involving the ill-gotten Astrals and their derivatives out of the system as practical.
    edited May 2013
    haelra wrote: »
    So you were 'legitimately' laundering these counterfeit astrals, knowing full well it was so, and now want fresh, clean astrals to replace what was rolled back? I don't think it's going to work that way.

I think you should get any Zen you purchased during the roll-back back. You might need to put in a support ticket and push it to get that done. However, also expecting 500:1 exchange to astrals is outrageous. It's no different than if the people who bought cats from the exploiters to come here and demand to get their cats back. The whole point of the roll-back is to erase as many of these deeper transactions involving the ill-gotten Astrals and their derivatives out of the system as practical.

you have a legitimate point, but I think it was poorly made.

I gained nothing personally from the shenanighans yesterday. didn't sell anything on the AH, didn't buy anything, nothing.

What I did do however was noticing that the market bouncing off its top (and could go no higher) of 500 AD to 1 Zen was purchase Zen with real money then exchange that zen for AD, at the rate of 500/1.

no 3rd parties were invovled, no scamming took place, no exploits, nothing.

The game was offering AD at the rate of 500/1, I took that rate and I expect them to honour it.

IF you do have a point, it is that the reason it was at 500/1 was because of the "dirty" AD that was in the market. Now, believe it or not, there is also a heck of a lot of dirty/laundered money in our financial systems, ever heard of bernie madoff? anyway, I digress.

The transaction I undertook was in good faith, and if they wont honour it, i'll just have my money back, and for those of you who either can't read or cba to read the original post, I have already raised a support ticket, but my question is:

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THE SAME ISSUE?

thanks
  • reserton87reserton87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I gained nothing personally from the shenanighans yesterday. didn't sell anything on the AH, didn't buy anything, nothing.

What I did do however was noticing that the market bouncing off its top (and could go no higher) of 500 AD to 1 Zen was purchase Zen with real money then exchange that zen for AD, at the rate of 500/1.

The game was offering AD at the rate of 500/1, I took that rate and I expect them to honour it.

IF you do have a point, it is that the reason it was at 500/1 was because of the "dirty" AD that was in the market. Now, believe it or not, there is also a heck of a lot of dirty/laundered money in our financial systems, ever heard of bernie madoff? anyway, I digress.

The transaction I undertook was in good faith, and if they wont honour it, i'll just have my money back, and for those of you who either can't read or cba to read the original post, I have already raised a support ticket, but my question is:

thanks

Are you a bit dense?

The AD market is PLAYERS selling their AD. The AD you got WAS illegitimate and exploited AD, and now you are asking for it back, get a clue.

Go try and ask the cops for stolen goods you bought back and see what they say. In the real world you would not even get any money back.

I certainly hope you do not even get your Zen back as you do not deserve it, you are as much scum as the rest of them.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dunno what your situation is buy I did the same. I had about 900 zen and dumped it for AD (playing the market, this was RIGHT as it happened. I was actually looking to buy ZEN but seeing the stupidly high price decided that I could sell for 500 & buy back later when it settled).

This morning all my zen is back and presumably the AD (would be in the exchange..) are gone. I am OK with that, I lose out on a good trade but I think they did the right thing by rolling back.
    edited May 2013
    OP, I'm sorry you don't seem to get why what you did was wrong, and if there's any justice in this little game world, you will not be allowed to profit by it, nor will any of the others who might have the same "issue".

Imagine if, instead of having knowingly bought 500:1 AD from exploiters, you had bought their cats instead? Would you could come here and demand your cats back? Would you insist that the game's Trade Interface allowed you to make a legitimate trade of 5g for each cat, and that it wasn't your fault if those cats came to their sellers via exploit? Would you so innocently proclaim that you had no idea exploiting was going on, and thus you should get your cats back for the price in gold you had paid?

You bought AD from other players, not from the game. Saying the game offered you these goods legitimately is just flat-out wrong. You knew, as you admit, that offered Zen/AD trade prices were out of whack due to the exploiting going on. There's simply no excuse, and if you've somehow managed to convince yourself through these ethically tortured rationalizations all the way to the point of brazenly asking in public forums for your second-hand stolen goods back, I can only feel all the more sorry for you.
  • xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Regardless if he gets the AD's or not, he needs to have his Zen refunded. If they took the AD away with the rollback, he needs to be given his Zen back. Anything short of that is theft by PWE.
  • cluesclues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    Pretty much if the player used illegitimate AD generated out of thin air via the exploit, that AD must be removed from the system regardless of who it was given to or why. You can't benefit from their ill gained AD in any way and PW most likely won't let you.

If you paid for zen out of your pocket and it's not there due to rollbacks then just ask them for it back (which I assume you did), everything is saved in your account wallet's any way.

Personally I haven't had this problem, because I stepped back from my account and the server during the chaos so I did not progress (thus not losing anything in a rollback). So I sure as heck didn't spend money on zen hoping to profit from what was caused by an exploit.
    edited May 2013
    noroblad wrote: »
    Dunno what your situation is buy I did the same. I had about 900 zen and dumped it for AD (playing the market, this was RIGHT as it happened. I was actually looking to buy ZEN but seeing the stupidly high price decided that I could sell for 500 & buy back later when it settled).

This morning all my zen is back and presumably the AD (would be in the exchange..) are gone. I am OK with that, I lose out on a good trade but I think they did the right thing by rolling back.

Thanks, this is the only response in answer to my question. And yes, for what it's worth, I accept that "it was a great deal" to get 500/1 but I stand by my original comments. I was not party in any way to the original exploits, I merely bought AD from the legitimate market place created by the makers of this game . if I get my zen back, that's ok and I guess i'll take what the going rate is now the chaos has died down.

/threadclosed.
  • nikmal2013nikmal2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013

thanks
    You DID partake of it though. You tried to take advantage of a situation that was borked because of said exploits. If the exploits had not been done the 500:1 would not have been there. Expecting them to honor that exchange rate is you exploiting the exploit as well. They will NOT honor it and I for one would not expect them too.

You mention the real life laundering. If a court finds fraud be it bank or personal. All funds from said transactions in real life get removed as you can not profit from a crime. Trust me they are harsh about this too. Why don't you try it and find out? If a thief gives you an exchange rate for gold to cash of 1 ounce of gold for 10 bucks of cash because they robbed Ft Knox and have a lot of gold and getting 5 bucks for said gold is a great way for them to get rid of the gold and make some money. If you get they get caught and by attrition you do too.. would you STILL expect the government to honor your transaction?
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xaazx wrote: »
    Regardless if he gets the AD's or not, he needs to have his Zen refunded. If they took the AD away with the rollback, he needs to be given his Zen back. Anything short of that is theft by PWE.

If he did not get his zen back it was a bug/error in the roll back and he needs to put in a ticket. I got mine back and the announcement / faq thingy says that your zen will be as it was at the time of the rollback. If the zen was in the AD exchange at the time, I do not know about that, but if it was on your character, it should already be there (mine was). If its in the AD exchange, no one will know until that comes back online.
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I agree completely, the OP should get his Zen back.

I believe he bought his Zen after the rollback start time, specifically because he saw the high Astrals exchange ratio. He'd have to have transferred those from his PWE wallet to the Neverwinter game, and then posted one or more trades on the Zen/AD exchange. There's sure to be a record of the original purchase and the wallet transfer that he can cite the time of, or even screenshot to attach to his support ticket; so it ought be straightforward to get the Zen restored, if it hasn't been already.
    edited May 2013
    Q: What about ZEN I spent/transferred after 5:20 AM PDT?

A: You'll have any and all ZEN that you transferred to Neverwinter -- we tracked all transfers during that time and made sure players have the ZEN they should have. If you spent ZEN on items during that time, you'll need to re-buy the items, but you'll have all of that ZEN. No one will lose any money they spent on Neverwinter because of this fix. If you have any issue, please see the customer and billing support contacts below.

Q: What about the ZEN I bought/sold after 5:20 AM PDT in the Astral Diamond Exchange?

A: All ZEN exchanged during this period will be returned to the original owners.

Q: What about my astral diamonds?

A: We are currently gathering information on this and will update this question as soon as we have a complete answer to post.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?266921-FAQ-AD-AH-Exploit-Follow-Up
  • jesusjim19jesusjim19 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would suggest log into Paypal and do a chargeback you will get your money back in six days. Will be a lot faster the waiting for a ticket to be resolved. A for effort on trying to play the market.

"You mention the real life laundering. If a court finds fraud be it bank or personal. All funds from said transactions in real life get removed as you can not profit from a crime. Trust me they are harsh about this too. Why don't you try it and find out? If a thief gives you an exchange rate for gold to cash of 1 ounce of gold for 10 bucks of cash because they robbed Ft Knox and have a lot of gold and getting 5 bucks for said gold is a great way for them to get rid of the gold and make some money. If you get they get caught and by attrition you do too.. would you STILL expect the government to honor your transaction? "

You do know the banks, police and goverments are all corrupt. Crime pays if you're the big fish in the pond.
    edited May 2013
    3phqij.jpg
    edited May 2013
    haelra wrote: »
    Yes, I agree completely, the OP should get his Zen back.

I believe he bought his Zen after the rollback start time, specifically because he saw the high Astrals exchange ratio. He'd have to have transferred those from his PWE wallet to the Neverwinter game, and then posted one or more trades on the Zen/AD exchange. There's sure to be a record of the original purchase and the wallet transfer that he can cite the time of, or even screenshot to attach to his support ticket; so it ought be straightforward to get the Zen restored, if it hasn't been already.

you got it. and I have already sent my support ticket (with screenshots). the purpose of this post was to find out if others were in a similar position, looks like I have all that answered now aswell.

to all the haters, please remember that in mature markets (or at least ones more mature than this) trading would be suspended, but until that time, all trades are honoured. that was my point, cryptic keeping the AD exchange part open is what amplified this issue, you can bet i'm not alone.

but I will also admit that I certainly got a "great deal" on AD during that period. only difference being that I paid for my ZEN with hard earned cash!!!

Give me my zen, i'll take the going rate when the AD is up, case closed.
  • leefordleeford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I got 700k ad missing. I had it bid on a purple crafting tool item that was set to end during the outage, so I don't know if I won it or not and if I will get it or not.
  • wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The Astral Diamond Exchange is currently disabled; I had all my Astral Diamonds for all characters on my account in the exchange (so any Toon can grab some AD or Zen as needed) and I am nervously awaiting to see if they are still there when it is brought back.

The record of all my last transactions are still in the transaction history (evening of Saturday, May 18th; no, I had nothing to do with any exploits or ill-gotten AD or Zen) and this shows the exact total I had but I am worried I will see a big fat zero when it comes back online. Hopefully it is needless worrying, as usual.

Sad that Perfect World choose not to address these exploit issues when they were first notified in closed beta, and now the vast majority of players, who are good and honest, are being the most penalized.