test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So my watch begins... Watching that Cash Shop.

jojo667jojo667 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm a veteran PWE Player, I've tried multiple games from this company. From Perfect World International, Jade Dynasty, Ether Saga... So on and so forth.

Needless to say, I do enjoy my cleric here in Neverwinter. Yet I find myself in an extreme skeptical mood. I'm watching what they put into the cash shop like a hawk.

I am in an extreme paranoid state, I feel that they, corporate(PWE) will some how get there clutches on the cash shop and break the game.

The Reason why I'm so afraid of what they'll do to this game is the simple fact that I played Perfect World International. I have seen the rise and fall of many guilds and players. Coming and going from that game. Thy utterly destroyed PWI for me as a player and person.

They put all there efforts into packs that sold over powered gear. They Literally made the best gear in the game Buy able. It was terrible.... I don't mean to disgrace the game in anyway. Or the company. I have slandered there name in the past, because I met so many of my fellow gamer friends that I still talk to today, in Perfect World International. I'm scared to commit so much time to a game that may one day just become broken do to corporate greed.

So as stated at the beginning. I will most likely buy some inventory stones, or whatever. Yet the moment I see this game breaking by the cash shop and having it not strictly for aesthetics, I'm out. I hope it never comes to that. Yet its hard to shake that feeling when you know how this company works...

Best of luck to you all.

Comments

• Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Surely the best gear in the game is buy-able now as everything is BoE and you can transfer convert real money to ZEN and then to AD?

Of course given all the exploits who would be stupid enough to buy ZEN with real money now?
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Cool, I'll follow this thread, please report your findings :)
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    just don't buy anything. nothing spent, nothing lost...
  • Options
    granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^This^ Only one step behind EA games in my book now. Only EA has "somewhat" legitimately priced micro-transactions for their mass produced games. Legitimate as in a expansion pack for Mass effect 3 is ten dollars where here...ten buck allows you to fuse a rune with no chance of breaking it /thread.

Oh wait, Mass effect 3 multiplayer had that whole free to play unless you want to want to buy boxes with money. EA 1. PWE 0. Also Cryptic has only soiled two popular IP's Neverwinter Nights/Dungeonas and Dragons and Star Trek. EA has a list that goes on for day. EA 2. PWE 0

NOW who's going to buy the lisencing for Game of Thrones this time? American corporate greed or Chinese corporate greed? I've got 200 dollars waiting for My Hero of Winterfell Pre-order.