test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Computer off Exploits.

harming18harming18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey guys , a little bumbed out over the decision to just roll back a few hours. Not really gona fix the issues that have been in game almost since the start of open beta. Its not really hurting me at all, since all I do I write guides and pvp but im shure it sucks for the pve players who worked hard for their AD, which are horribly inflated now.
Anyway heres something kinda funny off this auction exploit. My friend down the stree "who got his ban letter today" has known about this explot for 2 weeks now, over that 2 weeks he has duped over 1.2billion ad off the auction and has sold it to 3 separate companies. He got 2 of his 3 checks today and is waiting for his 3rd in the mail. one check for 550 USD, the other for 420 USD, and the 3rd in the mail is for 600 USD. So this exploit is basically buying him a brand new computer, and all he really got was a slap on the wrist. Funny how these things work.
Post edited by harming18 on

Comments

• Options
    neverwinter897neverwinter897 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is a joke now.

The only reason I come here is in the hopes they will wipe and roll back zen, which they seem to refuse to want to do.

GG Craptic Studios you have another fail game added to your repertoire.
  • Options
    khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    After admitting to you a basically deliberate attempt to ruin a game in progress, and prevent the enjoyment of a large number of people, just for the jollies and a bit of cash, is he still your friend?
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    "Neverwinter Online open beta is an ongoing success".
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    harming18harming18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    Yea. He makes a living seling gold from various mmo's to these companies. This was just a very fast and easy payday for him.
  • Options
    xakanrnxakanrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem is PWE stance seems to be "yes we know the economy is broken even before the game is "offically launched" but its too much bother for us to wipe the game and admit our fault for charging people when the game had massive exploits."
    And this is why i will not be spending another penny in the game.
  • Options
    aevlomaevlom Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is either a troll post, or the most ignorant post of the day.
    Sure, your "buddy down the street" got these checks.... hey devs/moderators, check this guy's account with extreme prejudice.
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xakanrn wrote: »
    The problem is PWE stance seems to be "yes we know the economy is broken even before the game is "offically launched" but its too much bother for us to wipe the game and admit our fault for charging people when the game had massive exploits."
    And this is why i will not be spending another penny in the game.

Because PW works like a sweatshop. They don't give a **** about the longevity of their game. They will just buy the IP of games and milk it for a few months and let it die. They keep getting more and more games and pumping them out and since those games are new, people try it and spend a bit of money on it before realizing the game actually sucks due to lack of support and updates.
  • Options
    dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    "Neverwinter Online open beta is an ongoing success".

Nope it is still offline.
    ANd still no dev reply in official forum.

All we basicly got are the useless twitter:
    Soon (TM)

Honeslt its been 13 hours or so now, quit the soon and post some real info on your own forum.
    Diss the twitter garbage, because it doesnt tell anything anyway.
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seeing you think he got 2 of his 3 'checks' in the post i highly doubt hes actually recieved any CHEQUES at all..
    Either duped by dodgy Russian sites or just a complete fail child troll..

Go home son an be careful crossing the road..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    aevlom wrote: »
    This is either a troll post, or the most ignorant post of the day.
    Sure, your "buddy down the street" got these checks.... hey devs/moderators, check this guy's account with extreme prejudice.

My accounts nothing special, check it all youd like =). Irock my pvp set / ~600k ad proudly, all made selling pvp gear. Since I don't pve an any mmo's ive never had a real need for massive amounts of ingame currency.
  • Options
    khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    harming18 wrote: »
    Yea. He makes a living seling gold from various mmo's to these companies. This was just a very fast and easy payday for him.
    Which does bring to mind the obvious question:
    Why do you even associate with this guy?
  • Options
    kyrosiriskyrosiris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    khatzhas wrote: »
    After admitting to you a basically deliberate attempt to ruin a game in progress, and prevent the enjoyment of a large number of people, just for the jollies and a bit of cash, is he still your friend?

Given that the bug was in place since Alpha (and accurately, since Star Trek Online) and Cryptic/PWE didn't fix it? He'd be my friend too. Hell, I'd be jealous that he thought of it before I did.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success