test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So what's the deal with all these cats?

blazingfistblazingfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Didn't even know there was a rollback/exploit untiL I logged in and discovered 2 levels were gone. And it has to do with cats somehow?

Can someone give me a rundown on how/what/why/where/when cats affected all this? Why not the other pets?
Post edited by blazingfist on

Comments

• Options
    yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Didn't see the first cat for about a half an hour. Calico. Thirteen incher. Very first light, chief. The cats come cruisin'. So we formed ourselves into tight groups. You know it's... kinda like ol' squares in battle like a, you see on a calendar, like the battle of Waterloo. And the idea was, the cat comes to the nearest man and that man, he'd start poundin' and hollerin' and screamin' and sometimes the cat would go away. Sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that cat, he looks right into you. Right into your eyes. You know the thing about a cat, he's got...lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'. Until he bites ya and those black eyes roll over white. And then, ah then you hear that terrible high pitch screamin' and the shard turns red and spite of all the poundin' and the hollerin' they all come in and rip you to pieces. So, eleven hundred men went in the water, three hundred and sixteen men come out, the cats took the rest, May the 19th, 2013.
  • Options
    ishaan2000ishaan2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cats eat Rats.
  • Options
    lazybrahlazybrah Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Delicious cats.
  • Options
    iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    quite a catastrophe if you ask me
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Didn't even know there was a rollback/exploit untiL I logged in and discovered 2 levels were gone. And it has to do with cats somehow?

Can someone give me a rundown on how/what/why/where/when cats affected all this? Why not the other pets?

An exploit was used by many players to obtain AD improperly. Many of those players used some of that bogus AD to buy cats, as the cat is the best pet. The server started raining cats, either for free or for gold, being offered by the exploiters to others. Economic disaster ensues. The rollback was their attempt to limit the damage caused to the economy.
  • Options
    monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yarknarf wrote: »
    Didn't see the first cat for about a half an hour. Calico. Thirteen incher. Very first light, chief. The cats come cruisin'. So we formed ourselves into tight groups. You know it's... kinda like ol' squares in battle like a, you see on a calendar, like the battle of Waterloo. And the idea was, the cat comes to the nearest man and that man, he'd start poundin' and hollerin' and screamin' and sometimes the cat would go away. Sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that cat, he looks right into you. Right into your eyes. You know the thing about a cat, he's got...lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'. Until he bites ya and those black eyes roll over white. And then, ah then you hear that terrible high pitch screamin' and the shard turns red and spite of all the poundin' and the hollerin' they all come in and rip you to pieces. So, eleven hundred men went in the water, three hundred and sixteen men come out, the cats took the rest, May the 19th, 2013.

I hope I'm not the only one that got this. This is sheer comic genius. Robert Shaws defining moment in movie history.
  • Options
    nvhottienvhottie Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    another feline fractured funny....bump DA mouse in the house :-)
  • Options
    montarrimontarri Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    monarrch wrote: »
    I hope I'm not the only one that got this. This is sheer comic genius. Robert Shaws defining moment in movie history.

Show me the way to go home....I'm tired and i wanna go to bed!
  • Options
    blazingfistblazingfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Didn't get it, but it was hilarious anyway. :)

So after all this exploit fixing, cats will be back to their normal prices I hope?
  • Options
    meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    I was told it was a purrfect day to be doing something else on sunday.
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    economy devalued by pu55y talk about awkward lol
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Didn't get it, but it was hilarious anyway. :)

So after all this exploit fixing, cats will be back to their normal prices I hope?

Hard to say. According to some posts the roll-back didn't entirely fix the bogus cat issue.
  • Options
    adjuchasbrokkadjuchasbrokk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my cat says meow.
    [Foundry Projects]
    The Sunken Castle
    - NW-DEO4EA5XG -
    - A story driven dungeon crawl! -
  • Options
    breathabreatha Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Brilliant. Thank you. I am wiping the tears from my eyes from laughing so hard. :)
    -Breatha, the fat and sassy Dwarf
  • Options
    macgyver1968macgyver1968 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

OMG! that was funny!

[points to a scar on chest] Mary Ellen Moffat. She broke my heart.

Awesome "Jaws" parody!
  • Options
    bren1226bren1226 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +

awesome