test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perfect Solution: Add new servers

rhynkrhynk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Because all the previous bugs and the AD/AH exploit the game economy got really screwed, lots of people are asking for longer rollbacks or wipes / fresh starts. And others are against it. So whats the simplest and best solution ?

Add new servers, so the people that wanted wipes and a fresh start without a corrupted economy can do so, and the people that don't care about AH or economy can still play normally.

And when the time to merge servers comes, you merge all the new servers in one shard and the old servers in another so we have 2 servers one with borked economy and other with sane economy.

This can be done right now or on the oficial release, better in release so you can fix some more bugs. Then on release we have the OB servers and a few new servers for a fresh start.

Of course migration between servers won't be allowed.
Post edited by rhynk on

Comments

• kyssumikyssumi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    Perfect idea here assuming they actually fixed all the exploits before launching new servers since their lack of any real punishment for previous exploiters wont deter anyone from doing it all over again :\
    "Reality is but a figment of our collective imaginations." -N.E.S.
  • freemind25freemind25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    ...until the next gamebreaking exploit gets out of hand. Somehow I doubt we are looking at a single isolated event. After seeing the sheer number of completely unadressed bugs in this stage, I would assume that even if they somehow manage to contain every exploit right now, the next thing they implement will be broken as well.
  • rubtherobrubtherob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well new server is not a great solution considering ther are planing to merge the servers in future.

The only new server I am up to, is the server with subscription fee.
  • supp1shsupp1sh Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    you do realize that to open a new shard or server for this purpose they'd have to refund ppl's zen? otherwise doing this for the reasons you've stated would be pointless for any players like myself who spent zen to get bags or whatever.
    MAKE MARK HIT ENEMY AND ALL ENEMIES AROUND IT.
    MAKE THREATENING RUSH A 2-3 SECOND TAUNT THAT STILL MARKS THE SAME WAY.
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    supp1sh wrote: »
    you do realize that to open a new shard or server for this purpose they'd have to refund ppl's zen? otherwise doing this for the reasons you've stated would be pointless for any players like myself who spent zen to get bags or whatever.
    So what?

It's a virtual currency it doesn't actually cost them anything.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • supp1shsupp1sh Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    So what?

It's a virtual currency it doesn't actually cost them anything.

oh man, i'm so outwitted here. EVERYONE SALUTE CAPTAIN OBVIOUS

so in order to avoid the craziness i have to throw down more $$$ to get bags again. or use AD to exchange for zen which i could use at the AH to upgrade my gear, both of which i shouldnt have to do since i just shelled out $$$ to get bags on my main character where other ppl, not me, decided to exploit the game. so now i'm at fault?

dude no. it's not virtual currency when you can buy it with cash. sure it doesnt cost pwe anything, only their playerbase. but you just stating that means you're a troll. and i'm sure you're stuffed from eating my wall of text
    MAKE MARK HIT ENEMY AND ALL ENEMIES AROUND IT.
    MAKE THREATENING RUSH A 2-3 SECOND TAUNT THAT STILL MARKS THE SAME WAY.
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.