test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Roll Back Inc but Foundry Progress Safe!

chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Q: I was working on a Foundry missing during that time – what happened to my design work?

A: We did not revert any changes in the Foundry, so your work is still there.Got questions about how we are handling the Astral Diamonds/Auction House exploit? We will be updating this thread with the answers to the most common questions about todays downtime, and what it means for the adventurers of Neverwinter.

Q: What happened?

A: Early Sunday morning a very small group of players discovered and abused a game exploit within the Neverwinter Open Beta that affected the Auction House and Astral Diamonds.

Q: What exactly has changed?

A: We took the Neverwinter OBT down for emergency maintenance, found the bug, corrected it and tested it. In order to fix the damage this exploit caused to the in-game economy, we implemented a necessary rollback of our servers to 5:20 AM PDT the morning of May 19, 2013. This means that characters have been reverted to the state they were in at that time, pre-exploit damage. That includes items, level, experience, etc.

We know that character progress matters in Neverwinter, so as an apology for the lost time and as profound thanks for your continued support throughout this Beta, we are putting together a package of items to give everyone. We plan to distribute this towards the middle or end of this coming week, possibly on Friday 5/24.

Q: What about ZEN I spent/transferred after 5:20 AM PDT?

A: You'll have any and all ZEN that you transferred to Neverwinter -- we tracked all transfers during that time and made sure players have the ZEN they should have. If you spent ZEN on items during that time, you'll need to re-buy the items, but you'll have all of that ZEN. No one will lose any money they spent on Neverwinter because of this fix. If you have any issue, please see the customer and billing support contacts below.

Q: I leveled up after 5:20 AM PDT -- what happens to that progress?

A: Unfortunately, in order to properly fix this exploit, that progress has, by necessity, been lost. We know how much that progress means to all Neverwinter players, though, so we're putting together a package to thank everyone for their support. We plan to distribute this towards the middle or end of this coming week, possibly on Friday 5/24.

Q: What about the ZEN I bought/sold after 5:20 AM PDT in the Astral Diamond Exchange?

A: All ZEN exchanged during this period will be returned to the original owners.

Q: What about my astral diamonds?

A: Any astral diamonds claimed from your bonus balance will be returned to your bonus balance, and will be available to be claimed again.

Q: What about respec tokens, or other consumables?

A: You'll have everything you had at 5:20 AM PDT. If you had the consumables before 5:20 AM PDT, you'll still have them; if you bought them with ZEN or gold that you had before 5:20 AM PDT, you'll still have that gold or ZEN.

Q: I have another question, where can I get answers?

A: Post it in this thread! We'll dig through to find common questions, and we'll edit this post to include them.

Q: But... I won the Armored Nightmare from a lockbox! I'll never get that lucky again!

A: We know how much that would sting. We are looking into ways we can make it better, but we don’t have an exact plan yet. Stay tuned and keep checking here for updates.

Q: I was working on a Foundry missing during that time – what happened to my design work?

A: We did not revert any changes in the Foundry, so your work is still there.

Ten Characters.
There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
Post edited by chili1179 on

Comments

• crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for posting this here! I can't be that lucky can I? I started another foundry late last night and logged off about 3:30am ish which means everything I did is safe! (knocks on wood anyway)
  • chibidanichibidani Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    this will be a big breath of fresh air for us authors :P
  • aggropotatoaggropotato Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Phew! That is good news among all the hullabaloo.
    JtuEMvw.jpg
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    duh
    /10 char.
  • boydzinjboydzinj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about our Celestial Coins ?

I lost all of mine... because i was prevented from accessing the game... and because the game turned on at a weird time... the time has already elapsed that the Celestial Coins have disappeared.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone completed my quest that is intended to take 15-20 minutes in one minute. I had released an early preview with just the end fight so I was wondering if it got rolled back to that. It seems the rollback will not affect the foundry which makes since however I can't get in to the quest, in game or in the foundry editor to test it.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The roll back didn't really do any good, most of the loot/AD is still out there, plenty of people still walking around with hundreds of millions of AD, and it did nothing to unwind the hundreds of purples an hour from bosses exploit (among others). It's also another one of the exploits that they had reported to them long ago that didn't get fixed until too late.
  • luavardraculuavardracu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is great...a bunch of kids ruined it for a lot of people...anyways it seems ok that they tried to do something about it, however for people like me with a wife, a kid and a full-time job, I honestly can say it is very very enervating. Losing 4 levels on the day that I finally made time to play...let me just say I am not inclined to play anytime soon:(