test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Message for Cryptic and a story for all.

zaizzerzaizzer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Early Sunday a recently ill lucked person reached level 60 and decided to bomb out dungeons with his amazing guild "Dedicated Rejects", after all this that person went for a nice sleep to relax after today's achievements earned. LITTLE did he know of the upcoming <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ready to ruin the game experience.

In the afternoon the person awoke to find the server "dragon" in a dissaray and finding the server FULL of "cat" pet spam.. this was an unusual thing to find in such a playful mmo, but alas he carried on to farm some dungeons with his amazing guild. He then earned 2, yes count them, TWO tier 2 items from the pirate map.. he was ****ing ecstatic has he had been the moment he hit level 60. so he goes to the auction house to try to sell some old epic junk he had found along the way and to his surprise the auction house was down... how? he had no idea of the glitch that had ruined the server economy... so he uses his brain and heads to the forums and scouts for a reason for his problems and he finds the reason, exploiters... the bane of any game and the reason we cant have a free world.

He quickly reopened his Neverwinter to find the maintenance has come, so the brave adventurer goes to the "Neverwinter" Facebook channel and reads every forum post about whats happening and he sees what Cryptic are doing about the problem and their hard thought out decision to roll back the servers and this brave soul sits at his computer and claps his hands, claps his hands to a very VERY good decision and a brilliant community support that worked through the day and night to reach the point to which they decided to end this problem.

How do I know that person clapped? because I am that person :) I am a loyal gamer and I am a hard working gamer and anyone who is as hard working as me WONT CARE that you lost 7 hours game time... I lost everything from the moment I hit 60 and I don't mind I lost that, because I trust the decision of Cryptic and the actions yet to face the servers.

Moral of the story is to never lose faith in a game even when its down for 10 hours for maintenance.
Post edited by zaizzer on

Comments

• shadedkinshadedkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zaizzer wrote: »
    Early Sunday a recently ill lucked person reached level 60 and decided to bomb out dungeons with his amazing guild "Dedicated Rejects", after all this that person went for a nice sleep to relax after today's achievements earned. LITTLE did he know of the upcoming <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ready to ruin the game experience.

In the afternoon the person awoke to find the server "dragon" in a dissaray and finding the server FULL of "cat" pet spam.. this was an unusual thing to find in such a playful mmo, but alas he carried on to farm some dungeons with his amazing guild. He then earned 2, yes count them, TWO tier 2 items from the pirate map.. he was ****ing ecstatic has he had been the moment he hit level 60. so he goes to the auction house to try to sell some old epic junk he had found along the way and to his surprise the auction house was down... how? he had no idea of the glitch that had ruined the server economy... so he uses his brain and heads to the forums and scouts for a reason for his problems and he finds the reason, exploiters... the bane of any game and the reason we cant have a free world.

He quickly reopened his Neverwinter to find the maintenance has come, so the brave adventurer goes to the "Neverwinter" Facebook channel and reads every forum post about whats happening and he sees what Cryptic are doing about the problem and their hard thought out decision to roll back the servers and this brave soul sits at his computer and claps his hands, claps his hands to a very VERY good decision and a brilliant community support that worked through the day and night to reach the point to which they decided to end this problem.

How do I know that person clapped? because I am that person :) I am a loyal gamer and I am a hard working gamer and anyone who is as hard working as me WONT CARE that you lost 7 hours game time... I lost everything from the moment I hit 60 and I don't mind I lost that, because I trust the decision of Cryptic and the actions yet to face the servers.

Moral of the story is to never lose faith in a game even when its down for 10 hours for maintenance.

This is all that I could think of about your story.
    11k+ GS CW | Langor@shadedkin | Dragon Server76561198027499089.png
  • sumnzsumnz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yay 7 hour rollback. Meanwhile the scum that have been abusing this since day one and have laundered their stuff thru multiple accounts get away scott free, and will still cause the AH prices to be super inflated, because they can afford to pay 10000 ad for your iron ore for convenience, since they have 400 million on 4 alt accounts.

Moral of the story is bad companies deserve to lose business when they make COLOSSAL mistakes.
  • khandar21khandar21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sumnz wrote: »
    Yay 7 hour rollback. Meanwhile the scum that have been abusing this since day one and have laundered their stuff thru multiple accounts get away scott free, and will still cause the AH prices to be super inflated, because they can afford to pay 10000 ad for your iron ore for convenience, since they have 400 million on 4 alt accounts.

Moral of the story is bad companies deserve to lose business when they make COLOSSAL mistakes.
    Please, tell us how you know that exactly, are you one of them or do you have psychic powers? Do you understand how database logs and backend systems work?
  • zaizzerzaizzer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    7 hour rollbacks been before this "AD/AH" glitch was exploited, so everything is back to normal. the people who have used previous exploits are being tracked and banned as we speak by Cryptic and if you dont believe me then go to reddit where some guys are whining about being banned for exploiting the GWF exploit.
  • dagnaru5dagnaru5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7
    edited May 2013
    They've posted that outside the 7 hours, they will deal with exploiters on case by case basis, meaning if you have a suspicious pile of 400mil ad lying around, you would be investigated, and if the trail leads to you exploiting, you can say bye bye to all your accounts. awesomesauce
  • unclesaltyunclesalty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Besides you can just use the exploit to one shot bosses over and over and get geared in that 7 hours.

Sad.

But true.
    Flamtastic_Xanatos_Siggy_by_couchpatatoe51_zpsbe77b1fc.png AKA HELLHULK
    edited May 2013
    khandar21 wrote: »
    Please, tell us how you know that exactly, are you one of them or do you have psychic powers? Do you understand how database logs and backend systems work?

reading sites where people talk about having done this since the start, and not being banned yet. Now I could wake up tomorrow and every single exploiter and alt account could be removed from the game, but that still dosent make me want to continue to play this game, and many others feel the same. This level of mistake you don't get to say "sorry" and move on as if nothing happened.
    edited May 2013
    sumnz wrote: »
    reading sites where people talk about having done this since the start, and not being banned yet. Now I could wake up tomorrow and every single exploiter and alt account could be removed from the game, but that still dosent make me want to continue to play this game, and many others feel the same. This level of mistake you don't get to say "sorry" and move on as if nothing happened.

They have spent their entire sunday trying to please the majority of players here... so I will accept their apology for the web designer of the gateway who forgot to add the nosymbol line of coding to the site, all this is because of a simple learner mistake of a web designer so it should be sweeped under the rug and forgot. what do you get from being a whiny ***** and complaining? I get on with life and the game and I have fun. you just moan.
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Forum warriors should learn from this man, he is wise as he is strong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    They have spent their entire sunday trying to please the majority of players here... so I will accept their apology for the web designer of the gateway who forgot to add the nosymbol line of coding to the site, all this is because of a simple learner mistake of a web designer so it should be sweeped under the rug and forgot. what do you get from being a whiny ***** and complaining? I get on with life and the game and I have fun. you just moan.

What if I told you this nosymbol line of coding was ALSO left out of the last game they made, star trek online. Would it be as acceptable to you then? That's how people knew to try it from day one, because this is not their first amateur rodeo hour.
    edited May 2013
    Also I did not know this ahead of time, or I wouldn't have played this and spent money on legitimate purchases.
  • brownriggjr11brownriggjr11 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i agree with you i am an avede gamer too. when the sever come back up i will start the epic adventure all over agian. and have more fun when doing it becouse i know now what i didnt not then dajavu =)
    edited May 2013
    i agree with you i am an avede gamer too. when the sever come back up i will start the epic adventure all over agian. and have more fun when doing it becouse i know now what i didnt not then dajavu =)

I look forward to seeing you ingame shortly :)
  • iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    shadedkin wrote: »
    That truly is a great film, nostalgia hit me hard.
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • icehandfrostiicehandfrosti Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NW-DULDNU5HG - A New Evil. ~15min Healthy balance of story and action.

@Daranar
    Adriana - 41 Control Wizard - 10 Tailor - 4 Leader - Mindflayer
    Daranar - 6 Guadian Fighter - Mindflayer
  • chelseacrafterchelseacrafter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cool story bro... only one thing... Cryptic has nothing to do with this... not even in the slightest. You're on a Perfect World game & you're now posting on the Perfect World Entertainment website for their game Neverwinter which they own and operate. All decisions were made by Perfect World Entertainment and their Neverwinter staff.

So now you know.
  • chelseacrafterchelseacrafter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    7 hour rollbacks been before this "AD/AH" glitch was exploited, so everything is back to normal. the people who have used previous exploits are being tracked and banned as we speak by Cryptic and if you dont believe me then go to reddit where some guys are whining about being banned for exploiting the GWF exploit.

Again... Cryptic is the company who designed/created the game concept. Perfect World owns and operates the game. Cryptic is not doing jack in regard to this event except consulting with PWE devs maybe. PWE makes all the decisions on the game operation.
  • galanosgalanos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

i have no hard feelings about the rollback, it should happen if not on sunday then another day.
    When people started posting gear with millions of AD earlier this week u could see something was off.
    Its not like everyone became a hero of the north and had 2mil AD to spend.

But this is not a frontend issue from the gateway. There should be validation on the service connecting the backend.
    A frontend should simply just relay the service message back to the user. It would be very bad architecture if they connected the frontend straight into the game databases, sql injections would not be far away if they didnt.

A quicknote, the same bug was exploited on startrek online also trough the (sto) gateway.
    I noticed the same negative auctions in that game recently. Zen and AD are not part of that AH, but the 3th currency gold (EC) has been affected. As of tommorow is the big romulan sto expansion coming out, curious what they will do, considering this (major) issue.