test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New shard: Gundamstyle (since wipe is no longer optional.) PWE ROCKS!!!!!

unclesaltyunclesalty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
My new shard name is........

GUNDAMSTYLE!

Seriously though. The wipe has been confirmed NOT to happen. No chance in hades of happening.

Can we please get a new shard created where Zen does not transfer over when the 4 MAJOR exploits are completely fixed.

I want to start over on a clean shard that will never be merged into the other ones.

Please DEVS, I beg of you, consider this for the sake of the community.

No wipe, makes some happy.

A new shard with major exploits nerfed, makes EVERYONE HAPPY.

Key words in that last sentence is everyone.

I have provided the new shard name for you to alleviate time as I know you guys are extremely busy bringing back online the other 3 shards I will refrain from even naming.

When will Gundamstyle be available? (Or Unclesalty shard- either are fine with me!)

PS. If you cant separate the serious parts from the humor please don't read this post. Oh, and this should have been up top.
Flamtastic_Xanatos_Siggy_by_couchpatatoe51_zpsbe77b1fc.png AKA HELLHULK
Post edited by unclesalty on

Comments

• unclesaltyunclesalty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, ok, ok.......so the shard name wasn't a good choice.

How about Rosemary's Baby, D-day, Hades, HellStorm, Christine, RedHeaded stepchild......

New shard name vote!
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Shard...
    FLATULENCE! It's the place to play D&D:N.
  • unclesaltyunclesalty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am for any shard. It could be named <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and I would create a new character on it. I am sold on the new shard idea. Was sold on wipe, but hey we cant get everything we want.

I just want a new shard. Please sign this petition...............
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
  • gungadorgungador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not quite sure I understand how a wipe isn't an option since every other beta game I have played wiped before official release....

As it says on launch its "open beta" ..........
    edited May 2013
    They will not wipe. I cried. I cried some more. I then moved on to the new shard idea as my last great hope.

I want to be optimistic, the glass is half full guy, but honestly at this point I think we are all clearly *&^%$$.

You never know though as miracles happen all the time. We need one now.
  • stubbedtoesstubbedtoes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    New shard should be Cat Astrophe
    edited May 2013
    Rosemary's Baby was nice.

Redheaded stepchild was nice imo too.

I like yours too.

Still, even if they made one named <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I would be on it again. Beggars cant be choosers.
    edited May 2013
    New shard should be Cat Astrophe

Has my vote lol.
  • johnlgaltjohnlgalt Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Neverending Shard....
  • dwillbdwillb Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about a shard where Zen doesn't exist at all :D
    edited May 2013
    I vote yes to all suggestions.

I am a passive optimist with zero resistance.

New shard please!
  • bak0nbak0n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    unclesalty wrote: »
    I vote yes to all suggestions.

I am a passive optimist with zero resistance.

New shard please!
    This one made be cry laughing.
  • cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They will not wipe. I cried. I cried some more. I then moved on to the new shard idea as my last great hope.

I want to be optimistic, the glass is half full guy, but honestly at this point I think we are all clearly *&^%$$.

You never know though as miracles happen all the time. We need one now.

It's always an option people just rally around the the official stance as being "no wipes" from Cryptic. The real reason there will be no wipes isn't because they can't or don't want to but because PW has a no refunds policy on their founders packs. If a wipe did happen you'd have a lot of people with fully reallocated AD and starter packs who would be clamoring to get their USD back instead of playing what now is pretty clearly a disaster of a MMO launch.

I've heard PW goes as far as banning all of your accounts with them with across all games if you request a refund through your bank too.
  • calidorncalidorn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Official post says no wipe. There is talk of a rollback but since some posts say the exploit has been there since closed beta it could be a rather large rollback.....Could even be to the start of open beta and they would not have lied about 'no wipe'.....

Really though a full wipe is harsh on legit players. I only solo so with my CS zen I bought some T2 gear for my cleric a week ago. I will be dissapointed to get back on and find any of it gone because the seller was exploiting. I bought it in good faith before any of this was common knowledge. I really don't care if it is the result of exploiting I will not accept punishment for design faults so if any is gone then my wallet and I are going elsewhere.
  • thehalostrikethehalostrike Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    if they dont wipe, rip neverwinter you were fun.
  • keeganfoxkeeganfox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We just gonna wipe the server again, or make a new shard, every time a big bug everyone hates comes out?
  • keeganfoxkeeganfox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That sounds like a game I want to spend time playing... :rolleyes:
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    592144035_b88ad29f5b.jpg

Gundam it!

Thank you screamingpalm for that! :)
    edited May 2013
    bak0n wrote: »
    This one made be cry laughing.

Thank you, here all night since our servers are down for an unknown amount of days while PWE contemplates what to do now that they said no wipes.

I am hoping one of them accidentally sees this post and a creates a new shard.

The <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> shard. It will be what remains after everything has vacated the other 3 servers system.
    edited May 2013
    keeganfox wrote: »
    We just gonna wipe the server again, or make a new shard, every time a big bug everyone hates comes out?

How can you compare the big 4 exploits to normal exploits? We aren't talking about "Hey look I made me toon look naked" exploit. We are taking straight up "I am ricccchhhhhhh *&^%!!!!!!" (Best heard while watching Dave Chappelle as Rick James stomp his boots on Eddie Murphys couch!)

The four exploits I named ARE HUGE. They are not little. They have destroyed the games economy.

These aren't a little wallhack where I solo a boss and it takes me 45mins to do so exploits.

THESE ARE GAME BREAKING.

This is why the servers are down now. This is why there is no response yet that isn't vague.

Reality. It is in your face right now.

Let me make it real easy for the hooked-on-phonics folks here.........with an example you can relate too-

1. (minor exploit) The man used a fake gun and tried to rob a bank but the teller realized he was special ed based on the demands letter he gave her. He was arrested within minutes and no one was hurt. He someone managed to make it by the new security guard unnoticed.

2. (major exploit) The gang of men came in dressed as SWAT wearing masks and robbed the entire bank of its contents and without reason shot everyone inside the bank as well as some bystanders outside while boarding a invisible helicopter to escape completely. The new security guard was the first one shot.

Can you see the difference?

GAME OVER.
    edited May 2013
    My god, some of you are making me feel stupid now lol. It is rubbing off.
  • narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't you mean gangnam style?
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • stubbedtoesstubbedtoes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Just going to listen to my zaza happiness album and fall asleep, dreaming of a "perfect world" :p
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    Don't you mean gangnam style?

I am from the south. Forgive me for my musical stupidity. All we have is Hank Williams Jr. "A country boy can survive" on repeat in the tape deck.
  • xenogias1xenogias1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Besides the shard name I like the idea. I wouldn't move if they didn't refund my zen but giving people the option is a good idea. +1 internet for you.
  • mortishimortishi Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a good , and reasonable request ...

Maybe new cash shop item allowing access to the clean server.....
    This way they could profit from their own massive cluster-F

I'm joking ..

and praying this is not the actual plan considering who is making these type of decisions...
    edited May 2013
    Ok so NO new shard.

NO wipe.

7 hour rollback.

YAY all our problems have been solved!!!!!! We just have minimum amount of exploited glory items, loot from one shot bosses, and instant one hour 60s.

Thank you for listening to the community. Happy it was all resolved.
    edited May 2013
    I am from the south. Forgive me for my musical stupidity. All we have is Hank Williams Jr. "A country boy can survive" on repeat in the tape deck.

That's a shame, Charlie Daniels Devil Went Down to Georgia would be a better loop. Boy could play a mean fiddle...
    edited May 2013
    Who wants to make a party and one shot bosses when server comes back up?

3.2MIL AD I started out with isn't jack now. Once sinister long dagger sells for 1.2MIL AD, and we can farm a ton of them in 7 hours....

Really....how can we not be getting a new shard...I just don't get it.