test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Class action lawsuit and the health of this game.

salvyosalvyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I guess my sarcasm was taken too seriously...I really just want a full wipe of the game...game has been abused and exploited beyond belief and there are far too many issues to even take it seriously in its current state...wipe the game PLEASE!
Stay Classy.....NEVERWINTER!
Post edited by salvyo on

Comments

• hadmatterhadmatter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL lawsuit threat.
  • johnlgaltjohnlgalt Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Right. Sue. For a Free to play MMO. Oh, right, you all spent, more than $600 on it right? So it's not small claims court anymore....

FFS, think about how many frivolous lawsuits there already are in this world - and then think about constructive ways to fix the problem, instead of reverting to "I'm gonna get a lawyer and sue!" mode.
  • runfromchronrunfromchron Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hahahaha you're an internet loser and a real life loser - must suck to be you
  • kife1100kife1100 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ermmm .... wut?
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another lawsuit threat thread...lol you guys.
    Western world problems at it's finest.
    Grow up and worry about the real world.
  • vengie2k5vengie2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah do gaming companys even get sewed by players
  • kartosathentia1kartosathentia1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And, what terms and conditions do you think you have to sue them? You do know they haven't done anything in which you can even hold a lawsuit against them and yet you are threatening a lawsuit? I must say it was a pretty hilarious post though. :)
  • khandar21khandar21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how did they rush an unfinished product exactly? It is still clearly advertised as beta.

Cry more.
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    salvyo wrote: »
    I truly believe that one of two things needs to happen PERIOD.

For the health of the game or for the health of the people who supported it are the two choices.

Either wipe everything and give everyone their founders AD / zen for the health of the game and do whats best for the games future ORRRR

Get sued by your players and force yourselves to lose everything people have invested.....

I feel so cheated right now because I spent alot of hard earned money supporting a game I really liked....sadly other players decided to exploit the game and ruin the economy to a point where my zen purchases and ad that I got were all for nothing minus the permanent things like mounts ect.

If you want to do whats best for the game and KEEP your money I highly recommend admitting that you rushed a VERY unfinished product and took peoples money knowing this and that you will be wiping everything once the game is actually ready and everything you purchased will be refunded and if you want to quit you can actually get all your money back...not just zen and ad but actual money if the purchaser chooses because if you dont think your players have a case you are horribly wrong.

Do whats right by your players and for you game!!

EinsteinInsanitySayingweb.gif
  • xuminaxumina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wow... another lawsuit threat... thread...... Good job... and good luck with your "lawsuit" ROFL

35359038.jpg
  • narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL take this to a lawyer so the lawyer can laugh at you too.

You realize that these are the people who were crying charge back earlier, they found out that they do not qualify for charge back without criminal fraud so now they want to sue... again you can't lol.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • keeganfoxkeeganfox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eGInc.gif
  • bluarcherbluarcher Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so by doing whats right you want all the free players to lose everything they legally grinded for BUT YOU get to keep everything you got just because you spend a few dollars on the game ...... yeah that sounds fair

just admit it your pissed because either you are a exploiter or you wished you was
  • akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's your whole 10 cents you would get from any CA lawsuit. Lawyers get the rest. The idiocy is astonishing, well no not really. Always gotta be someone who brings up a CA lawsuit.
  • ziron2000ziron2000 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow you people are stupid as **** seriously? You think nothing should be done if they do not wipe and people who paid $200 get completely ripped off? What the hell is wrong with you people? You got morons saying they are going to leave because of hackers...you've got morons saying they have no right if they paid to get any type of compensation...and you've got morons who try to defend the exploits that have already happened and don't believe a wipe should be done? Horrible!!! This is what the gaming industry has became in the past couple of years it is full of idiots on forums...
  • dracothdracoth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game companies never get sued if the player chose to purchase from the company. When during beta and players chose to pay even when testing they knew the risks of what might happen with their money. Any gaming company is not accountable for your decision to buy from them. Only way for a company would have lawsuits if they had any personal identification that would probably have been leaked from their database by a hacker... Such as Sony which nearly closed down their company. Then they are accountable

They are NOT accountable by YOUR "DECISIONS"

That just means your a child that needs his hand held all the time. Get your mommy to hold it since you don't want to be accountable for anything and just push all the responsibility on her you children...
  • salvyosalvyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ziron2000 wrote: »
    Wow you people are stupid as **** seriously? You think nothing should be done if they do not wipe and people who paid $200 get completely ripped off? What the hell is wrong with you people? You got morons saying they are going to leave because of hackers...you've got morons saying they have no right if they paid to get any type of compensation...and you've got morons who try to defend the exploits that have already happened and don't believe a wipe should be done? Horrible!!! This is what the gaming industry has became in the past couple of years it is full of idiots on forums...

Couldn't have said it better myself....honestly I never truly wanted to SUE Cryptic its more of just to get attention to the fact that people have been ripped off and as a "CLASS ACTION" it was for what I assume is in the millions of dollars...if you dont think that millions of dollars of money is something to be taken seriously....well its w/e...nothing happens to companies because people just assume nothing can be done...oh well...I just want a full wipe and the game to be restored to a somewhat fair level of play.
  • salvyosalvyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dracoth wrote: »
    Game companies never get sued if the player chose to purchase from the company. When during beta and players chose to pay even when testing they knew the risks of what might happen with their money. Any gaming company is not accountable for your decision to buy from them. Only way for a company would have lawsuits if they had any personal identification that would probably have been leaked from their database by a hacker... Such as Sony which nearly closed down their company. Then they are accountable

They are NOT accountable by YOUR "DECISIONS"

That just means your a child that needs his hand held all the time. Get your mommy to hold it since you don't want to be accountable for anything and just push all the responsibility on her you children...

This may be the most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> thing I have ever seen....if you are sold something that is broken or doesn't work you dont have the right to be compensated because you chose to buy it??? Is this real life? lol
    edited May 2013
    khandar21 wrote: »
    how did they rush an unfinished product exactly? It is still clearly advertised as beta.

Cry more.

Calling it a BETA but releasing the game to the public without future wipes and accepting peoples money constitutes otherwise.

Just because they call it a BETA doesn't mean that it is....what it actually is, is a soft launch...they are taking peoples money and that immediately allows they to be held responsible for the product they are selling.
  • xenogias1xenogias1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    LOL take this to a lawyer so the lawyer can laugh at you too.

You realize that these are the people who were crying charge back earlier, they found out that they do not qualify for charge back without criminal fraud so now they want to sue... again you can't lol.

Actually, at least with my bank, which is the debit card I have used I AM able to do a chargeback if, and only if there is a wipe. The only other chargeback I have ever done was against SimCity though. I would be tempted to do it here but in the end I wouldn't. Even if they wipe I did enjoy the time I had spent and that's why I spent the money I did. I would look at it as no different than uninstalling a single player RPG and then having to go through the mundane beginning again to get to the good stuff when I went to play it again.
  • dracothdracoth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    salvyo wrote: »
    Calling it a BETA but releasing the game to the public without future wipes and accepting peoples money constitutes otherwise.

Just because they call it a BETA doesn't mean that it is....what it actually is, is a soft launch...they are taking peoples money and that immediately allows they to be held responsible for the product they are selling.

Incorrect. When it is technically a Beta in testing. People make up the excuse of saying it cant be a beta when a cash shop is open. This is also incorrect since it is merely a market ploy. Also players are not FORCED to pay, they have a choice. Those that lose money from a Beta that has a Cash Shop are accountable not PWE since they chose to spend money.

1) To clarify I do not support PWE nor am I fan boy. I hate PWE guts just as much as the next guy.
    2) The reason why I look like I'm defending them is because its true and anyone attempting a lawsuit will merely lose more than what they have already lost
    3) Even if they wiped the games along with founder packs it wouldn't be hard to hand them back since they would be able to identify players who purchased it.
    4) If they did a wipe without handing the founders pack back because they did not have any information saved for players purchasing it then a lawsuit can be in order. However, you will still lose a lot of money even if you do win.
  • genryu20genryu20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    EinsteinInsanitySayingweb.gif

Everywhere I go there you are. God I love you glannigan xD