test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A message to the cheaters

mavidianmavidian Member Posts: 61 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Dearest Scumbags,

You cannot imagine how sorry I am for not understanding that your game time is more important than mine. After a long week of work, I thought I had earned the right to play Neverwinter legit, but I was wrong. Truly, my arogance for not thinking of how you intended to cheat, steal, and manipulate the game to serve your narcissism is my fault. I should have considered your nefarious needs before ever thinking of relaxing on Sunday and playing Neverwinter. Because of my selfishness, everybody has been unable to play today. If only I was capable of using my brain and think of someone else's needs.

P.S. Just because PW made the exploit, doesn't mean you have to take advantage of it. You could have made a report.

P.S.S Your the reason aliens don't want to come visit us.
Post edited by mavidian on

Comments

• Options
    drezekialdrezekial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As someone who didn't exploit, and was not banned. I read your post and think you're an idiot, or just a giant man baby. The servers would have to come down for this issue eventually. If it wasn't this weekend, it would have been the next weekend, or the weekend after that, or etc.
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mavidian wrote: »
    Dearest Scumbags,

You cannot imagine how sorry I am for not understanding that your game time is more important than mine. After a long week of work, I thought I had earned the right to play Neverwinter legit, but I was wrong. Truly, my arogance for not thinking of how you intended to cheat, steal, and manipulate the game to serve your narcissism is my fault. I should have considered your nefarious needs before ever thinking of relaxing on Sunday and playing Neverwinter. Because of my selfishness, everybody has been unable to play today. If only I was capable of using my brain and think of someone else's needs.

P.S. Just because PW made the exploit, doesn't mean you have to take advantage of it. You could have made a report.

I think.. No, I know I love you. :)
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Meh...exploiters are probably the same ones that roll need on everything XD
  • Options
    ewecaniaewecania Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *arrogance
    Luvia is Best Girl
    tumblr_prax0mUctH1w0vpwco1_250.png
    zaShunina [Warden] | Cadmus Imoogi [Justicar] | Shyvar Imoogi [Whisperknife] | Caelven Zepphyr [Assassin]
  • Options
    riotwarriorriotwarrior Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drezekial wrote: »
    As someone who didn't exploit, and was not banned. I read your post and think you're an idiot, or just a giant man baby. The servers would have to come down for this issue eventually. If it wasn't this weekend, it would have been the next weekend, or the weekend after that, or etc.

Honestly, you're an idiot. He's not ranting that the 'servers have come down' for this exploit, it's that this exploit was used to take advantage of the AD exchange and ruined the economy. Also, rendering the game useless for all of today. And we don't even know what initiative PW is going to take to fix this.
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Someone (exploiter) ...somewhere is reading this and getting excited because they got attention.
  • Options
    fasthands23fasthands23 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    exploiters are just the ones who found out first.
  • Options
    pinkfloid1pinkfloid1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree with the part about aliens...
  • Options
    xxxretsopmixxxretsopmi Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ewecania wrote: »
    *arrogance

*you're

Am I doing it right?

Also I laugh at all the people crying about the exploits. A lot of these exploits were bugged during beta. Guess Cryptic should of fixed their game. Also how does it negatively affect you in any way? All they've done is help LOWER the prices of stuff.
  • Options
    mcleod71mcleod71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Dearest Scumbags,

+1 to you sir unfortunately the things I would call them would get me banned for life
  • Options
    asyariaasyaria Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Only problem with this statement, is that there are more than a few people who reported it AND STILL got permanently banned. Nice guys finish last I guess.
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    exploiters are just the ones who found out first.

No...not everyone stoops to that level. I've known of exploits in several games and never took advantage of them. Even quit a guild once in AoC that was using them.
  • Options
    thehatemakerthehatemaker Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    here is my question... why the **** do the servers come down on a weekend in the first place? midweek stuff is always better.... but hey... w/e. but yes. i agree with the majority on this one. exploiters do tend to break games...
  • Options
    caleshhcaleshh Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    It was that little fat North Korean leader....he needed the money for his fat belly since the rest of his country cant produce enough to feed him
  • Options
    torrenz1torrenz1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Punishing exploiters is fine, but they cannot take the entire blame for the impact they cause. If something can be done in a game, it will be done - this applies foremost in betas where people are eager to push games to their boundaries, and in normal beta situations developers profit from these stress tests. In the end, exploiting is necessary to fix exploits. Control is what matters and we have seen little of that with known bugs surviving into open beta and haphazard banning of players for proliferating those flaws.

Internal testing can only do so much - an MMO needs to be ready for the masses and betas are a great way to gather the kind of information needed for release. Neverwinter skipped or rushed at least one of these stages and we're now stuck with a released beta of sorts already ridden with devastating exploits whose long-term impacts we can only hope Cryptic manages to contain, and although I can think of little worse than infinite currency generation (by such an antiquated method, too), we are not in the clear yet. Smaller exploits are still afoot and more will be found and introduced as there is much content yet to be released. Content not ripe for the stage the game is in, even if the devs insist on the beta label.
  • Options
    breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I thought Justin Bieber and Carrot Top was the reason.
  • Options
    khandar21khandar21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Folks, this is why it's called a beta, to iron out possible exploits before official release.....