test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF aggro fix suggestion

zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
We all know that the reason a GF is kicked from T2 dungeons is simply because he can't tank as well as he should.

The fix for this can be as simple as changing one power.

The Tab power.

This power because completely obsolete at lv 35 when the GF gains an at-will mark power that charges the GF into postion and AOE marks the GFs target and all nearby enemies.

New suggestion.

First the GF needs the class feature lets call it "Fighters Challenge" that states they deal double threat when attacking any marked target.

Now replace the tab power with "Shield Wall"

Shield Wall
Cooldown 20 seconds
Duration 5 seconds

While active all attacks made by the GF Mark any target hit. For the duration All marked targets attack the GF regardless of actual threat levels.

In addition for the duration the GF cannot lose Gaurd meter from blocking attacks (effectively giving them infinite gaurd for 5 seconds)

This will give the GF the threat dominance they need to be a real tank character and allow them to be the I defend everyone for 5 seconds, while during the other 15 seconds of game play they hold the hit and miss aggro control they currently have which keeps the game challenging and fun.

Other than that I'm perfectly happy with how the GF plays it took me a while to get used to the lose mark effect when you get struck mechanic but it can be used to your advantge. ALl we need is an infinite short duration gaurd to really work that mechanic to it's fullest. This would make a move like iron warrior even move advantageous to uses when you dont have the infinite gaurd meter as you can bounce between that move and SHield wall to be the full defense tank warrior, making that path actually viable.

Thoughts, Suggestions Comments?
Post edited by zardoz007 on

Comments

• ahyessdeeephahyessdeeeph Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    George Bush doesn't care about Guardian Fighters.