test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not healing injuries in campfires WAI?

zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
When I first started this game I am fairly sure I got told that and I observed that standing in campfires removed injuries. Is this not true for later levels? I'm a level 45 DC.

Please don't tell me to just use injury kits. It appears that I'm not very good at this game and I drink a lot of heal pots and I can barely afford to buy all I need of those.
~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
Post edited by zephea on

Comments

• tirwen1tirwen1 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually, you're a cleric, so you wind up drinking lots of heal pots regardless. :) Cleric aggro's a little crazy (you can find lots on that). It seems that not all the campfires are working right - it's supposed to take 5 minutes to remove a minor or drop a severe down to a minor. Some campfires aren't even showing the mending effect. If it helps, I noticed it got a bit easier on me after 50 or so. Make sure you get Astral Shield and use it.
  • braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've found MANY of the campfires do not work at all. I've bug-reported every one, every time (which thankfully is not often). I can stand ON the fire of the campfire and be totally motionless for nine or ten minutes and still have a Minor Injury. I zone to Protector's Enclave, though, and I get the Mending icon and sure enough a three minute countdown begins (I'm dark elf, only takes 3 min to Mend instead of five).

But I don't want to have to spend $ on kits or haul my butt back to Protector's Enclave to recover from a minor injury.
  • slagbottomslagbottom Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have experienced this as well. I came out from Wolf Den Dungeon with an injury, and every campfire I tried in the Forsworn area did not work to heal it. Very annoying bug!
  • zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One thing I found out from chatting - injuries stack up :/

So if I die say 3 times (not unheard of for me) and I don't get a chance to heal my injury (which I often don't - it just takes too long or doesn't work and I'm not going to waste money on injury kits) and get dead again presumably instead of having to wait 5 mins?/7 mins?/whatever I now have to wait multiples of that time.

So say I died 3x in an area (cos I got impatient and tried to run past stuff and got too close ... and then wasn't thinking and backed onto another group of mobs and... yeah... ) and say because I'm level 45 now the timer has gone from 1 min when I first started this game to 7 mins... AND it stacks... we're now at 21mins.

LOL.

Um.... so....

Always with these sorts of design decisions from developers I try to get behind the logic of why they have designed the game this way... but in this case... I'm kinda stumped...

Anyway.... it could be that they are just not working... or it could be this...
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

• daeanordaeanor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Injury kits are cheap. Keep a stack on you. As I recall, it's supposed to be a full 15 minutes in the campfire area to drop one injury ... not worth it at all, even if it was working correctly.
  • gwalahadgwalahad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    some campfires dont work, most do though, and its not 15, its about 5mn, but yes kits are cheap.
    although talking of kits, i noticed you get minor, then at 30 you have to use standard and at 60 you have to use major. even though at all these levels ive only ever recieved minor injuries...
    First foundry quest, simple and to the point : NW-DDBDRZFG3
    edited May 2013
    Kits are *not* cheap when you have no money. I have no money because I have to spend all of my money on heal potions. I am playing a DC and I have to heal myself regularly because of the righteousness feat (and... ok... I suck at twitch...),

5mins x 3 = 15mins.

LOL
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

• gwalahadgwalahad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes 5*3=15 but he said 15 for 1 injury not 3...

and suppose i cant speak for clerics, cos i have only played GWF, but all chatter says GWF are pot eaters - yet i have never bought a pot(always loot more than i use)
    First foundry quest, simple and to the point : NW-DDBDRZFG3
    edited May 2013
    Well I think it's a stupid dev decision to have them stack.

I get that there are injuries - there needs to be some penalty for death as a disincentive. I don't get that they stack while things like injury kits are in the game with instant removal. Although it will never get answered by a dev, does anyone want to speculate why they would do this in this game?
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

• tirwen1tirwen1 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Injury kits are supposed to work the same as the campfire - remove a minor or drop a major to a minor.

And I don't think anybody uses heal pots more than clerics, ironically. It will improve, at least for a bit. Mount Hotenow is eating me alive, though...
  • deuspingudeuspingu Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've experienced this myself and watched the buff to see what happens - the count down gets down to about 4 seconds, then jitters between 4 and 5 seconds for another 4 seconds then resets to the full duration. Since it never reaches 0 it never removes the injury.
    edited May 2013
    deuspingu wrote: »
    I've experienced this myself and watched the buff to see what happens - the count down gets down to about 4 seconds, then jitters between 4 and 5 seconds for another 4 seconds then resets to the full duration. Since it never reaches 0 it never removes the injury.

Oh that's interesting. Did you put that in a bug report?
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

• izulienizulien Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The stacking from what I've seen is really just an addition. So you get arms, legs, head damage on death. The only stacking I've seen was getting leg injuries and then getting head or arm injuries. I've never seen two arms or two legs yet. Granted i've only died 3 times so far (only lvl 28 TR) only one of those deaths happened when I was already injured (because I couldn't heal up at the campfire).

They have campfires to enforce the "death sucks" moto. Sure they have removal kits that are instant but they do cost you currency that you will eventually run out of or be forced to save up more for other items.