test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cheaters get NO PUNISHMENT if wipe happens!

silveralansilveralan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Cheaters benefit more than the normal player because

if there would not be a wipe, they will be banned and lose everything.
(This is guaranteed. Examples could be found on some twitch streamers.)

That means, if there is a wipe, cheaters would get no punishment.

And normal players will be cannon fodder.

THINK ABOUT THIS!
Post edited by silveralan on

Comments

• Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Cheater and exploiters start up a new account as if they were wiped. Where is the punishment that would be different if there was a wipe.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Member Posts: 2,617 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They lose all of the astral diamonds they farmed, or any goods they received from auction house or zen market as a result of said farming?

You know, the entire thing we're talking about? They lose that.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They lose all of the astral diamonds they farmed, or any goods they received from auction house or zen market as a result of said farming?

You know, the entire thing we're talking about? They lose that.

And a full server wide wipe will do the same thing, how is it different? The Topic of this post is the cheaters get no punishment from a server wipe
  • Options
    towematertowemater Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think you have to ban all offenders and as much as I hate to say it, wipe to start over. The economy is going to be shot and the items/AH not caught is going to jack everything up. I have a 60 and another almost there, but for the good of the game, it needs to be wiped. PW should refund the zen so the players that purchased can respend.
  • Options
    caydyncaydyn Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    IP bans would be nice.
  • Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    silveralan wrote: »
    Cheaters benefit more than the normal player because

if there would not be a wipe, they will be banned and lose everything.
    (This is guaranteed. Examples could be found on some twitch streamers.)

That means, if there is a wipe, cheaters would get no punishment.

And normal players will be cannon fodder.

THINK ABOUT THIS!

Wrong, it's the rest of the players base that gets punished from a no wipe and the cheaters, when they reroll get nothing they had (win).
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, listen. If EVERYONE gets wiped, then the cheaters can simply start the game again AT THE SAME PAR as every other player, hence they are not getting punished one bit. Think about it, people. All these guys pushing for a wipe are likely exploiters who KNOW they are going to get banned, so they want to wipe everyone else's progress so they can use some other exploit to stay ahead. THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE! COME ON!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shmardovanshmardovan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ебанный насос... почините гамулину по срочняку, мне ещё 3 лвл мобиков нада наколбасить для счатья... Я ищу причины копейку кинуть, попмогите найти, харе шмот рисовать во время даунтайма ;-)))))))))))))
  • Options
    tanthotantho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    caydyn2 wrote: »
    IP bans would be nice.

Why do people keep saying this?? I'm as dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to computers, but even I know most people use a proxy and, or can have their ISP's change their IP's with a phone call.
    IP bans are not the solution.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    Okay, listen. If EVERYONE gets wiped, then the cheaters can simply start the game again AT THE SAME PAR as every other player, hence they are not getting punished one bit. Think about it, people. All these guys pushing for a wipe are likely exploiters who KNOW they are going to get banned, so they want to wipe everyone else's progress so they can use some other exploit to stay ahead. THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE! COME ON!

And whats to stop them from opening a new account and using some other exploit to stay ahead?
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No , bans don't work . Most the stuff is transferred off their mains anyways . And its free to play , they will just start a new account anyways . Sites now selling 1 million AD for 5 bucks , that's equivalent to 2000 AD per zen . Good luck using the in game Zen market that caps at 500 .
  • Options
    aeschillesaeschilles Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cheaters have already sold their AD for many thousands of dollars. Banning one of their accounts won't hurt them at all.

A wipe is the only way to end a beta .. unless it's not a beta ...

It's also the only way legit players will ever get back on a level playing field.

Never mind listen try to hear !
    * Nothing is constant but change *
  • Options
    spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    it is not about punishment. It is to make sure that all aspects of the AD exploit is removed. So we can restart with a proper playing-field. Right now people are running around with enchants, items, and **** they got through exploiting the AH. I thought it was funny that some had lvl 8 enchants after 3 days of playing (2 days before non-paying open beta). These guys have "legit" chars that cryptic cannot remove since there is a chance that they are actually legit. And these guys have alts with AD and items that might also appear legit.

Thus PvP is screwed, AH is screwed, and the game is screwed. There are a bunch of people so afraid of loosing 20h that they are ok with letting the game die months before it's time. These self-serving people are not better than the exploiters imho
  • Options
    maevar1maevar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    caydyn2 wrote: »
    IP bans would be nice.

This still won't solve anything. Trust me on this, you can reset your IP address in like 2 secs. What would solve it is if they banned MAC addresses. Even this can be gotten around, all they would have to do is play on another computer, or just go out and buy a new nic card. Unfortunately, no game will ever get rid of this cancer that exists in the gaming community. No matter how much you try to prevent it, with enough time, effort and trial and error, these parasites will always attempt to circumvent the rules.
  • Options
    berzerker75berzerker75 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    would not surprise me if all the "cheaters" were te same ppl spamming and selling Ad and Zen in enclave
  • Options
    xavynxavyn Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game is in beta... isn't the point to find these broken things and show what effect it has on the gameplay, economy and community? These player's shouldn't be banned, this stuff should just be fixed. And once it is fixed then they should open a new server so players can do it again. And once it doesn't happen for a period of time they should release the game officially.
  • Options
    momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After they already promised no more wipes with the start of the open beta, and started taking people's money, they would basically be committing PR suicide if they did it now. And, wiping everything punishes everybody. I wasn't doing anything wrong, and unlike the apparent majority, I don't have a level 60 character that I leveled in a week. So I would be kind of upset by the wasting of my time.

But I don't think that's likely.

The proper solution involves rolling back transactions made by exploiting players. As long as they kept a record properly, which I have to assume they will have since money is involved, it can all be fixed elegently. Cryptic would look through their logs for evidence of the exploit, then search through the entire log again for things related to that initial exploit, and then roll it back once they isolate the thread of events involving the exploit and its products. Even "laundering" the loot to another account wouldn't protect you because that's one of the events that would be logged, appended to the chain of events, and rolled back.

Thing is, doing that will require a lot of work because of the size of the databases and iterative complexity of the data involved. Thus: down time. They probably need to write the tools to do it, too. More down time. There's also the simple fact that undoing the damage is meaningless if the problem that allowed the damage isn't also fixed. Even more down time because now you've got developers fixing the auction house, database guys crawling databases, and sysadmins trying to keep the disk farms from melting.

I believe Cryptic will fix this problem properly, and that nobody but the scumbags responsible will be punished. But it will take time.
  • Options
    mystmysteriummystmysterium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But think of the shellacking the scum sucking ad/gold sellers got. Warms my heart to the cockles.

Peace, Myst