test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wipe servers, refund Zen, give double xp/drops for a week.

vlayde9vlayde9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Only logical thing to do.
Post edited by vlayde9 on

Comments

• bedroompunisherbedroompunisher Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    vlayde9 wrote: »

100% agreed. My thoughts exactly.
  • agent2090agent2090 Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    It's already too easy to level up, last thing we need is double exp...
  • arrowmaticarrowmatic Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Non. You might be willing to start over just because a relative few jackasses took advantage of a bug. I am not.

Fix the bug, ban the offenders without mercy, do whatever you can to remove the ill-gotten assets from the game, and time will fix the rest.

PS I hope you people who are so anxious to solve the problem with nuclear weapons never run for high office.
  • armored22armored22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree and disagree for a wipe. If they bring back the Foundry Exploite and let me get my 60 back in an hour i'd be ok with having to farm my gear all over again. Having to level up all over again then farm my gear back i disagree too.
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited May 2013
    I have 2 craftin professions at 20 already. Do you realize what a pain in the *** that was ? A wipe means I do a chargeback and am outta here, and with them being unable to refund my 5 days headstart my CC will be more than happy to assist with that.
  • xakanrnxakanrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    armored22 wrote: »
    I agree and disagree for a wipe. If they bring back the Foundry Exploite and let me get my 60 back in an hour i'd be ok with having to farm my gear all over again. Having to level up all over again then farm my gear back i disagree too.
    So you levelled with an exploit and wonder why the game is so broken so early.
  • crovax321crovax321 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support this message.
  • mavidianmavidian Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem of not wiping, is that the cheaters have already sent their ill gotten AD/items to mule accounts. PW can ban these people all they want, but they'll just log onto their mules and go along as if nothing ever happened.

I don't want a wipe but it is the only thing that can be done to assure people that they are playing on an even field.
  • rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    agent2090 wrote: »
    It's already too easy to level up, last thing we need is double exp...
    I agree with no double XP. PW did this with the Forever Worlds(?) game, and I could barely enjoy the content before I out leveled it.
  • unknownplayrunknownplayr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Short of doing a roll back to before the exploits happened, I have to agree that a wipe may be necessary if the developers can't track down the material. From what I read it was simple to generate millions of AD. This would be significantly harmful to the long term economy and place most of the community at a huge disadvantage.
  • wikkr1wikkr1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    problem is there is literally trillions of AD worth of stuff out there now. stuffs been bought, sold, traded, mailed. AD converted to Zen back to AD back to Zen. Tonnes of top zen items bought from the zen store and shipped about. Accounts opened, used to exploit, stripped, deleted and closed.

They will never be able to ban all the people who abused this bug. they will never be able to remove all of the items created. Only the obvious ones will be caught and dealt with anyone with half a brain will get away with it.

This has ruined the economy ingame. There is not a quick fix. This imbalance will take months if not years to resolve.

Don't get me wrong im gonna be pissed having to lvl up again especially professions but without a wipe a big chunk of the game is essentially screwed
  • fermifermi Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wiping the servers is like using a nuke to stop a street gang. Yes, it will stop the gang, but it's about a thousand times more than necessary. In this case, virtually every transaction is logged and tracked. If Cryptic wants to spend the manpower, they can dig all that out.

I suspect, however, that it's not WORTH the manpower. Consider - what is the long-term effect of this nonsense? If they plug the holes that are causing the problem, it's pretty close to zero. It's just not worth the time and money to catch and reverse every perpetrator. Time and money which could be spent stabilizing the servers, developing new material, and otherwise making the game more enjoyable for EVERY player instead of slapping a few deviants on the wrist.

Yes, it's upsetting to think that bad actors sometimes get away with their bad acts. But nobody wants to live in the kind of world where bad acts are impossible. It will all be okay. Calm down. Peace.
  • zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    The in-game exploits have done long term destruction to the game much like D3 which has no following anymore. For the viability of the game, they should go 'live' with a full wipe and refund.
  • rougewildsatyrrougewildsatyr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vlayde9 wrote: »

^^^ THIS ^^^

There are a few other options, but they are messy.
  • stopthi5stopthi5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From Neverwinter Twitter: "Whatever happens, no one will lose any real money."
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes! We need a wipe! Nothing can set things right other than a total restart. To many exploits have been used for to many different aspects of the game. Nothing can be considered legit and that is something that matter to every single paying player I know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • validor18validor18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support a full wipe. The game has only been out for about two weeks, how much time could possibly be lost. The economy might also be screwed for the rest of this game's life too, since the economy in a MMO is basically everything.
  • iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem is zen is so attached to in game currency, but can also be moved out of game. If it wasn't for zen- we could have AD, items reset- but keep characters and profession levels where they are- yes yes, many people did exploit plenty of levels, but that's a smaller issue than billions of AD and zen in the economy. While those who spent legit time levelling their characters don't have to put hundreds of hours back into doing that.

But, zen ruins any chance of any sort of wipe happening. The moment people took in game currency out of game trading for zen- basically, any wipe is going to end up with all the exploiters having millions of zen still, and all legit players having nothing. You start the game back up- bam, exploiters put zen back into AD, the economy is just as bad if not worse, but now anyone who just wanted to play the game has been screwed and is even further behind.

If they do a full server wipe at this point, you can say goodbye to the game, period. I've been supporting the game since alpha, I've been eager for the game- but there's no way I wouldn't ask for a refund and leave the game if they're going to punish legit players due entirely to their own laziness- because almost all of these exploits were identified during alpha/beta testing, and Cryptic is the one who chose to ignore our warnings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If people put hundreds of hours into leveling in the last 2 weeks..Honestly, they have time to do it again..Not like those players are going anywhere...ever..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
    edited May 2013
    Also they could simply change the name and code for "zen"..making sure that the ill gotten loot make no return.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with no double XP. PW did this with the Forever Worlds(?) game, and I could barely enjoy the content before I out leveled it.
    This. I'm already out-leveling whole zones before I have a chance to play them. Double XP may be fine if you're just trying to rush to level 60 but it's a disaster if you're trying to play the campaign.

Hell, if they gave me the option I'd let them nuke everything economy-related and keep my character and gear as-is. Because I've basically not participated in the economy and all my gear is from drops. The only significant thing I've ever done in the auction house was to sell a ward I got with Celestial coins.
  • fasthands23fasthands23 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    icyclass wrote: »
    This. I'm already out-leveling whole zones before I have a chance to play them. Double XP may be fine if you're just trying to rush to level 60 but it's a disaster if you're trying to play the campaign.

Hell, if they gave me the option I'd let them nuke everything economy-related and keep my character and gear as-is. Because I've basically not participated in the economy and all my gear is from drops. The only significant thing I've ever done in the auction house was to sell a ward I got with Celestial coins.

the problem is, gear = economy when everything is BoE.
  • fasthands23fasthands23 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    icyclass wrote: »

the problem is, gear = economy when everything is BoE.