test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Paypal will not refund you

falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
All those silly people claiming They will contact paypal and get their money back.. well guess what? Paypal wont help you so stop the stupid threats. Read it and Weep, you can only challenge for amounts of 4$ or less on digital goods. So stop all the lying already about getting money back via paypal you look silly.

https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/C2/.../DigitalGoods_FAQ_en.pdf

Comments

• Options
    czeslawczadczeslawczad Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    What does PayPal have to do with refunds when you pay with a credit/debit card? It's called chargeback and it's available regardless what you bought and how much you paid for it. Duh.

Regards,
    Kalantris
  • Options
    falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What no one is going to post how I must be wrong? The truth hurts, you spent the cash and you are not getting it back. Learn to read EULA's
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What does PayPal have to do with refunds when you pay with a credit/debit card? It's called chargeback and it's available regardless what you bought and how much you paid for it. Duh.

Regards,
    Kalantris

Several people have been talking about it via paypal, you better check your bank because I just checked with mine (bank of America) and they will not do chargebacks on digital goods either.
  • Options
    tormenator1377tormenator1377 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL falson1, well if you spend cash on in-game items and those items are no longer yours because of a wipe...that's like the company taking your money for nothing. That is fraud.
  • Options
    marineusmcrhmarineusmcrh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    The paypal thing isn't necessarily true. I had a case Vs microsoft on a mistakenly made game purchase valued at 50$. That was an E-good as it is a digital purchase and paypal got me a refund. I'm not saying it's the correct course of action but, it IS possible.
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=98633707&dateline=1368527786
  • Options
    tomalak011tomalak011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    falson1 wrote: »
    Several people have been talking about it via paypal, you better check your bank because I just checked with mine (bank of America) and they will not do chargebacks on digital goods either.

Well in Europe we have some consumer rights, you pathetic little creature.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The paypal thing isn't necessarily true. I had a case Vs microsoft on a mistakenly made game purchase valued at 50$. That was an E-good as it is a digital purchase and paypal got me a refund. I'm not saying it's the correct course of action but, it IS possible.

That is not the same thing. They were to receive a real product (the game itself), but buying Zen you receive nothing real in return its all digital. There you have very little rights, the only rights you have is whats in the EULA and that's it.
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am not requesting one, but I have had e-purchases (virtual goods) purchases in the past that I have had to request a refund from through pay pal and I have gotten them, so not sure what you are talking about.. I think it actually has to do with the situation at hand.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tomalak011 wrote: »
    Well in Europe we have some consumer rights, you pathetic little creature.

Sure ya do. You just let me know how that goes and I will laugh at you afterwards. Doing a chargeback means the bank usually loses money, banks do not like to lose money. Good luck with that kid.
  • Options
    czeslawczadczeslawczad Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    falson1 wrote: »

That's not the case here in Europe :).

Best regards,
    Kalantris
  • Options
    bringerofreddawnbringerofreddawn Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hm, I once had an issue where my Skype account was compromised and because of their dumbass auto-recharge feature which is always turned on when you refill (I usually remember to uncheck the box but forgot that one time) and I lost about 300-400$.
    Called Visa and they fixed everything for me right away even though Skype refused to refund me anything.

Although I imagine that's different from asking to refund game stuff...
  • Options
    selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited May 2013
    I live in EU, ive gotten back my money for digital products way over 4$
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Most of the time when dealing with a reputable company that wants to keep their public face on, the company will issue the refund upon dispute. Usually by terminating your access to said product/item then issuing a refund. However if the dispute goes past the 14 days and paypal arbitration gets involved, they will not support a refund on digital goods, they will not make the company you purchased from issue a refund.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    muratoyomuratoyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please know what your talking about before making a thread about it. I know people who have charged back thousands of dollars. Even still, you can reverse charges through your bank for just $35(im sure this varies), it's taking a hit but depending on how much you spent... It may be worth it. May even be worth it for the satisfaction.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    selonw wrote: »

Too bad the headquarters are in California and they only need to follow US laws huh?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    selonw wrote: »

Too bad the headquarters are in California and they only need to follow US laws huh?
  • Options
    mic281mic281 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I was recently refunded $29.95 for some digital books because they were not as advertised. I am not saying that it applies here but they don't adhere as strongly to their own terms as one may think.

I won't contact them over this or my bank. I will just chalk this up alongside Aliens: Colonial Marines in the "My dumb*** bought another untested game"

Looking back the Guardian pack didn't offer a whole lot worth having. Oh well. I am sure it will get better in time or it will flop. Not like I don't have a folder for MMO's I no longer play right here on my desktop.

I do wonder however, if GoTN people do manage to get a refund vie whatever source. Do they get to keep their spider and other content?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Contesting charges/chargebacks is not something to do in place of a refund.

They should only be done in extreme circumstances after you contact the company to resolve the issue. Failing to do so is considered fraud, causes headaches for both companies and card companies can and will punish users who do so.

What you do is up to you. I advise you all not to and I warn that any person advising the contrary will have their posts removed/edited as the moderators deem fit. If you want to request a refund contact support and go through there.
This discussion has been closed.