test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NWO Twitter Positive on Wipe

tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame
nwo reacting positive on messages about wipe.
just saying, seeing the last messages and it seems a wipe is very well thought of, and maybe needs more support for them to do it.
i don`t care, money back is a good thing if it happens, and most won`t spend it twice i guess.
but if it realy solves things better, i don`t know. real exploiters wouldn`t have done it mindlessly so it would be easy traceble, they would have used an x number of acounts tapping all a bit of diamonds of leading to a big number that isn`t noticed so fast.
Post edited by tcarnce on

Comments

• tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They can allow people to keep zen purchased with $$.
    Didn't they already do this in CB?
  • exploiter420exploiter420 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Their copy-pasted response of "thanks so much for your feedback! We appreciate it! :)" means nothing. You can probably go tweet them "Your mom is hot" and get the same response.
  • coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even though they will have to refund the money I spent on Zen on their website, I don't think I will be interested in levelling up again through the same old content I have been doing in the last couple of weeks. This isn't "Groundhog Day".
  • gibby87gibby87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exactly how is "thank you for your feedback" a positive response towards anything?
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i don`t want zen with these conditions :D
    game makes it too easy to farm by just being afk.
  • tarpsbootytarpsbooty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if anything it indicates the opposite, they are trying to appease the people who are about to get upset
    edited May 2013
    well maybe the part of "appreciated" and "thanks a lot" about wiping slipped your eye ;p
  • vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    I didn't think I would ever see a community worse than SWTOR, but this community is far worse. Bunch of jackals, out for blood at the slightest issue. Even in game, questions by new people are met with smart *** remarks, and disdain.

At this point. I don't care what they do, they can't change the community. I was willing to continue playing this game, but this community has changed my mind. There are plenty of other games that can and will occupy my time going forward.

This community disgusts me...and no I will not see your responses cause I'm not coming back here.
  • theharakiwitheharakiwi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they talk about rollbacks on some accounts because they EXPLOITED the latest AH (Auction House) or AD (Astral Diamonds) bugs
  • gundzorgundzor Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only way to do a wipe and not have people quit is the following:

1. Give people who bought ZEN the same amount that they purchased before the wipe so that they didn't waste their hard earned money after the wipe.
    2. Give the founders people the early access they bought. Wipe servers, reset everybody's access. Founders get their early access before everybody else. This could actually generate more Founder's buyers because they see how the game is.
    3. Compensate people for this huge clusterf*.
  • xakanrnxakanrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Refund people zen and give back the founder items and complete wipe is best to be honest at this early stage of the game .If the economy is wrecked so early in a mmorpg that relies heavily on micro transaction to survive rather then monthly payment them it might be gameover without a complete wipe
    they need to do the following
    refund people their zen + packs
    Complete wipe the game game
    Declare its now a proper launch (to be honest calling it open beta and charging real money for transaction is the only thing causing such contrevesy .you need to declare it offically launched)
    Take the heat for it,its a good game it will recover from inital outcry but it will never recover from a wrecked economy .
    I have spent real cash but tbh i will stay on following a wipe to save this amazing game but i will not stay in this amazing game with a messed up economy so early on.
    edited May 2013
  • lzyroblzyrob Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This sucks. I bought 10 dollars worth of keys and I got a nightmare horse on the last one... I probably wont get that lucky again if they do any sort of wipe
    edited May 2013
    gundzor wrote: »
    The only way to do a wipe and not have people quit is the following:

1. Give people who bought ZEN the same amount that they purchased before the wipe so that they didn't waste their hard earned money after the wipe.
    2. Give the founders people the early access they bought. Wipe servers, reset everybody's access. Founders get their early access before everybody else. This could actually generate more Founder's buyers because they see how the game is.
    3. Compensate people for this huge clusterf*.

not sure about number 2, i should be quiet about it ;p but loads won`t buy founer packs anymore, the game is super for a free to play, besides bugs then, but money worth stuf isn`t realy that valuable while some things are so easy to exploit.
    the one that will stay the longest unchanged is the arena thing.
  • aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got to love the doom and gloom "the economy is wrecked FOREVER" comments I see plastered already over this board. The problem is an overly huge influx of astral diamonds... Thing is, there are a good number of sinks for those diamonds in the game and people will sink them into pits from which they will not return. The economy is going to be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> short term, but I'm betting that even a month from now, it will show very significant improvements, and two, it'll have reset to a new norm.

Astral diamonds do not stay in circulation as they are used. Even huge quantities will fade away in time. The economy will reset.
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, nothing on the initial thread says "yeah, we're thinking we're going to have to wipe the game", but is instead typical PR speak for "sorry, we're doing all we can to get the game back up". However, people will read whatever they want into anything, including seeing "Yeah, we're gonna wipe the servers" in a post that says "No, we're not going to".

Process for a wipe is going to have to include a 5 day headstart for every Founder's Pack purchased. I don't know about anyone else, but after starting the game with the assurance that wipes were done, I'm not interested, so, if PW/Cryptic are indeed going to wipe the servers, feel free to wipe my credit card purchases, made after assurances that there would be no wipes. INB4 morons with their "you must be one of the exploiters", if I were, I'd be banned, and it wouldn't matter what they did. I am, however, not willing to pay for somebody else's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. You can feel free to feel entitled to making everyone start over if you want, it won't come out of your bank account, but I'm not going to pay to play a F2P game only to have to start over every time something like this comes up, and frankly, having played plenty of MMOs, and online games, things like this can happen. I'm not going to even stick around for this round if they can't take action against the exploiters w/out making me pay for it. My time is every bit as valuable to me as my money. If you can't get behind that, too **** bad for you.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
    edited May 2013
    no, no one honest would reply like that :D
    so yes, we`ll see.
    edited May 2013
    Their copy-pasted response of "thanks so much for your feedback! We appreciate it! :)" means nothing. You can probably go tweet them "Your mom is hot" and get the same response.

thank you for your feedback, but i`m not buying it :D hahaha
  • marksteelemarksteele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lzyrob wrote: »
    This sucks. I bought 10 dollars worth of keys and I got a nightmare horse on the last one... I probably wont get that lucky again if they do any sort of wipe

I'm sure they would offer comp to people who legitimately obtained their mounts
  • arrowmaticarrowmatic Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess sometimes people really do see what they want to see. All that's really on that page is a bunch of copy/paste CS boilerplate.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    All options are being considered but they have not finalized any plans yet.

That being said, come on guys, no need to be rude or condescending. *sighs*
This discussion has been closed.