test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Don't wipe, here's an idea.

xxkilcannonxxxxkilcannonxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Give the player base that paid $199 one character at level 60 and in blues respective for their class. Give the $59 group a level 60 in greens, give all subscribed users a level 40 in greens. Give all of these one more character slot. Have this follow a wipe to get the game economy back and untarnished. This Beta labeling is such a ridiculous term when real money is being transferred. A soft launch would be a much better term and one probably more accepted by the community. No matter what you do, the vocal majority will complain or whine, best option is to give a little as you also have to take, minimize the loss of player base this could cause. My .02
Post edited by xxkilcannonxx on

Comments

• trollsparrowtrollsparrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    You should know this wouldn't be "fair"... All the people that didn't pay would say this game is "pay to win"...Would not work. Next idea please.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah that's not a good idea.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem with your idea is that leveling a character is what makes the game fun. Suddenly being level 60 whether you were already there before the wipe or not means there is little fun left to be had. Free Zen is a good consolation prize. Finishing the game for us so there is no need to play is not.
  • eight1foureight1four Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Worst idea ever.
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No thanks....
  • llhaomarulllllhaomarulll Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Give the player base that paid $199 one character at level 60 and in blues respective for their class. Give the $59 group a level 60 in greens, give all subscribed users a level 40 in greens. Give all of these one more character slot. Have this follow a wipe to get the game economy back and untarnished. This Beta labeling is such a ridiculous term when real money is being transferred. A soft launch would be a much better term and one probably more accepted by the community. No matter what you do, the vocal majority will complain or whine, best option is to give a little as you also have to take, minimize the loss of player base this could cause. My .02

ideia de nooob fila da ****
  • turlamturlam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As much as i wish this to be a solution, its still not.

Lets look at the players, like myself, that did not know of this nor would ever participate in anything like this. WITHOUT a rollback, getting a group for any dungeon has just fell down a straight cliff. There will now be several players in the game with Best in slot bought toons. Why would they want me now?

Think of all the enchantments that were bought and Wards for 100% success rate? The market is about to be flooded with top tier enchantments.

There is more effected than just currency here. The gameplay for everyone is effected.

At least with a rollback, players are allotted a choice. Do they re-spend their USD for Zen or, like myself, a Guardian pack.
  • turlamturlam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As much as i wish this to be a solution, its still not.

Lets look at the players, like myself, that did not know of this nor would ever participate in anything like this. WITHOUT a rollback, getting a group for any dungeon has just fell down a straight cliff. There will now be several players in the game with Best in slot bought toons. Why would they want me now?

Think of all the enchantments that were bought and Wards for 100% success rate? The market is about to be flooded with top tier enchantments.

There is more effected than just currency here. The gameplay for everyone is effected.

At least with a rollback, players are allotted a choice. Do they re-spend their USD for Zen or, like myself, a Guardian pack.
  • emal83emal83 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's the worste idea i ever heard. I don't care about gear score. I want a wipe. Devs have to give back everyone's money as zen. So both players and cryptic can be happy. With no wipe neverwinter is close to collapse
    skitch.png
  • sizzurpersizzurper Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bad idea
    the hacks only started with the implement of the gateway that's where the problem started. that's what needs fixing.
    not the stupid wipe that would kill the game and is embarrising to the company
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xxkilcannonxxxxkilcannonxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doesn't matter to me, I've been at work all day. Most likely I'll get home and it will be like nothing happened. I just thought I'd throw something out there while I was bored and not able to craft.
  • xxkilcannonxxxxkilcannonxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, if there is a wipe, I'd be done with the game. But that's just me...and I'm pretty sure plenty of others. Whether that meant enough to halt further development, who knows. Too many options out there for people these days, whether it's pay based, free to play or pay to win. Damage control will be to find and answer that will cost them the least amount of fans and followers. I feel pretty bad for those people that have put out $199 already.