test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reward the sploiters...because its a Open Beta right?

bloodygatitabloodygatita Member Posts: 68
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It's a open beta.

For the love of God, act like you have a clue.

1 purpose of betas is to break the game so it can be fixed. Sploiters and cheaters have that purpose. That's betas 101.

You don't punish or ban accounts in betas!

But in real open betas you encourage this behavior. You welcome it! That makes the game stronger!

Reward the sploiters for helping you become a better development crew!

Then wipe the **** servers, do an real release, Officially!! Like you have a clue

That will be the only way to save the game. Oh and the only way you get a single penny from me.
Post edited by bloodygatita on

Comments

• palefire967palefire967 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spoken like a true exploiter.
  • grayvailsgrayvails Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey :) Heres 2013
    Open beta no longer means testing phase, it means release with easy excuses.

I'm afraid you're a little stuck in the past.

No whipes = No beta.
  • zodatzodat Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To Do:
    • Fix bugs
    • IP ban the exploiters
    • Wipe the server
    • Milk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • solidusuksolidusuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Agreed and there is a big difference between finding a bug and reporting it and finding a bug and continually exploiting it deliberatly untill your found out.

Hopefully they all get what is due to them.
  • fyneiasansanfyneiasansan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

but spoken true
  • bloodygatitabloodygatita Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    You're a fool.

Who do you hire for network security consulting? Some geek straight out of the local community college or Kevin Mitnick
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    It's a open beta.

For the love of God, act like you have a clue.

1 purpose of betas is to break the game so it can be fixed. Sploiters and cheaters have that purpose. That's betas 101.

You don't punish or ban accounts in betas!

But in real open betas you encourage this behavior. You welcome it! That makes the game stronger!

Reward the sploiters for helping you become a better development crew!

Then wipe the **** servers, do an real release, Officially!! Like you have a clue

That will be the only way to save the game. Oh and the only way you get a single penny from me.

You fix the exploit and ban the exploiters. Don't give the bull that exploiters have a purpose they take advantage of flaw in the game for their own benefit. They could report the bug to the devs without exploiting it and ruin the whole game economy not to mention ruin the day of the programmers who is suppose to have a day off and now stuck at work trying to fix the whole fiasco.
  • bloodygatitabloodygatita Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    OK. maybe rewarding them wasn't literal.

I was simply trying to emphasis the purpose of betas and how important the sploiters are to the process.

So much more than the people who just want to play early or free. They also have a purpose to populate the server to test the server load and network coding.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zodat wrote: »
    To Do:
    • IP ban the exploiters
    If I shut off my modem for 30mins I'll have a new ip address and someone else will have my old one. If my new address belonged to someone that exploited how is this a good plan. Or if I was an exploiter how would this help? Maybe I'm not seeing something but I don't see how IP bans could work as IP's except in very few circumstances are not static for home users.
  • reserton87reserton87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solidusuk wrote: »
    Agreed and there is a big difference between finding a bug and reporting it and finding a bug and continually exploiting it deliberatly untill your found out.

Hopefully they all get what is due to them.

The exploit was apparently reported weeks ago, Perfect World ignored it.

The Op is right, this is a beta.

You ever see what happens in the real world, if people find a security flaw in a product, they report it, when it is not fixed, they exploit it to bring it out into the public domain, then the company is forced to fix it. It is the only way these thick headed company's listen.

This is Perfect Worlds fault, they released this trash and ignored their players.

They need to wipe the servers.
  • purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    reserton87 wrote: »
    The exploit was apparently reported weeks ago, Perfect World ignored it.

The Op is right, this is a beta.

You ever see what happens in the real world, if people find a security flaw in a product, they report it, when it is not fixed, they exploit it to bring it out into the public domain, then the company is forced to fix it. It is the only way these thick headed company's listen.

This is Perfect Worlds fault, they released this trash and ignored their players.

They need to wipe the servers.

How do you know they didnt try to fix it?? I imagine re writing code and the like may take some time.
  • sammylolsammylol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this was an open Beta with a wipe at the end, I would sort of agree*. However, they (apparently) made it clear there wasn't going to be a wipe, ergo it's basically a soft release. Exploiters weren't doing anything but ruin the game, not help fix it.

*Agree they helped bring it up. Not agree they should be rewarded for doing the wrong thing, even if it did help. Point stands, it didn't help.
  • coorddcoordd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're a fool.

Who do you hire for network security consulting? Some geek straight out of the local community college or Kevin Mitnick

I don't think I've heard Kevin Mitnick's name in years. Makes me want to fire up Freedom Downtime, haven't seen it in years.
  • uristqwertyuristqwerty Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    You want to reward people who find exploits, report them through the in-game system that doesn't show it to other players, and then refrain from using the exploit afterwards (or even discard anything they gained from the exploit).

People who repeatedly abuse known exploits that they heard from other players, however, deserve to be punished, because all they do is ruin the game for the non-exploit-abusers. If the dev team already knows, you don't need to repeat it again and again, because you are just giving the admins more cleanup work to do once the issue is finally fixed.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Players aren't being banned for finding bugs. Players are being banned because they are abusing bugs for their own gain.

Since there will be no more character wipes there's no forgiveness on this, Open Beta or not. As far as exploiting the game is concerned this is no less serious than if the game was a full launch.

Please find game breaking bugs, report them and move on. You won't get into any trouble.
    But exploiting the bugs is as a serious violation of the Terms of Service now as it will be ten years from now.

EDIT - The Auction House exploit was reported within the last day or so. The "evidence" players have shown that this exploit was reported weeks ago was of the various boss exploits which were being resolved internally.
    However, despite that, it doesn't matter. Exploiting the game is a violation. Don't do it! :)
This discussion has been closed.