test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please no rollbacks or wipes.

kaisersuzekaisersuze Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I wasn't even aware there was an exploit going on until i saw general chat explode today. Hell, the only exploit I knew of in the game was suicide campsite skipping i guess you would call it, to skip certain bosses. I would always leaeve groups that tried to do that, because I ****ing hate cheating.

All weekend since friday afternoon, i was grinding dungeons and in a few days I went from greens and pvp epics to full T2 epics. I busted my ***, wasted so much time in bad groups, etc etc. I got some super rare drops. The economy can and will recover without a rollback. A rollback, if this **** bug has been in the game since launch, will accomplish nothing.

All the devs need to do is ban accounts and review all transactions / trades / mail from tainted accounts and erase ALL that AD from existence. Hell, make everyone start over at 0 AD except for these crybaby founders, give them their 2 million, and suddenly AD has value again. Make a new kind of AD. Make your new ones ****in red instead of blue in case some dip**** has a trillion AD sitting in some mailbox somewhere. Treat ALL blue AD as tainted, wipe the slate clean and start over with THE CURRENCY. Not the toons. Play a game of oneupsmanship. Worried everyone now has cats? Good, put a quest in the game that gives the cat as a reward, level 20ish. Make a new rare companion to replace the original cat, make it cooler too. A spider monkey with a high tech battle suit.

See where im going with this?
Post edited by kaisersuze on

Comments

• maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am very PRO ANTI WIPE, however, within the last 72 hours I have to see the only way to reduce most of the damage is by going back to fridays database.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • phillight86phillight86 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    kid talks with no plan....
  • scalretdoomscalretdoom Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ this. 10char
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree op no wipe please, maybe a AH rollback but nothing more.
  • draekusdraekus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm anti-wipe too. I'm a legitimate player. I'm gonna be pissed if I lose progression.

Not to mention I have spent along with time. I can't even withdraw my AD because the Exchange is down.

Fix the problem not the blame.
    edited May 2013
    I am very PRO ANTI WIPE, however, within the last 72 hours I have to see the only way to reduce most of the damage is by going back to fridays database.

again 4 u, cuze some lowbrainer like u dont get it.

this exploit exist since launch. its just PUPLIC since few days. nothing more. cheated ad exists since start. so only a whipe will fix all ****.
  • enfiorceenfiorce Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How much you wanna bet that there are people out there that have found this exploit and many others a long *** time ago and have exploited them since the beginning? rollback will do nothing.
  • assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dont worry they will get a 72 hours ban, and no wipe nor rollback
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is from their official Twitter account, posted 20 minutes ago:
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 20m
    @bdgreen88 we haven't expressed any plans to do a rollback. Thanks for your question though! :)

Congratulations everyone that exploited the game, you'll get to keep all your AD and Zen. No wipes, no rollbacks.
    edited May 2013
    This is from their official Twitter account:

Congratulations everyone that exploited the game, you'll get to keep all your AD and Zen. No wipes, no rollbacks.

game is dead from now:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?262972-Astral-Diamond-Exchange-and-Gateway-Offline

says all
  • draekusdraekus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's repairable. Besides, the game does not revolve around the economy. In fact, you can completely ignore the AH and Exchange if you want and probably should for the next week.

So many of you don't realize that YOU have the power. By not buying or selling you force values to adjust and normalize. Boycott after it's patch in order to obtain a friendly experience. I didn't say fair because fair doesn't exist and never will exist. Not in life, not in a company and not even in a video game.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have fun buying anything on the AH for less than 100 mil after the " we won't rollback shiat " fiasco . lol .
  • natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its beta, who cares if they do a wipe.

I say wipe it clean, only true way to fix the mutilated economy destroyed by cheaters.
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • unrulycloudunrulycloud Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i guess they will roll back and give some free AD to all players.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    natejam101 wrote: »
    Its beta, who cares if they do a wipe.

I say wipe it clean, only true way to fix the mutilated economy destroyed by cheaters.

Considering that the devs announced that there wouldn't be a wipe after open beta launch, I would say the beta card can't be pulled here.
  • skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why should the ones who bought Zen (like I did today, for a respect and then spent left over on keys to open my lockboxes) and have played the game legit from the start be punished with a wipe. (if they refunded my Zen like they would have to sure I would be like whatever) but here's the thing it isn't the money I spent I truly care about it the legit gaming time I have spent leveling my char to 44 and the foundries I have been working on etc. it all gets wiped and I go back to square one for it all when I DIDN'T CHEAT wiping it is punishing everyone.

Perma ban the ones who cheated and let's move on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • maskofshivamaskofshiva Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have 2 level 60's and a 35. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for a rollback just to see all you sad fellows cry your eyes out. games are serious.
  • kaladin32kaladin32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure they can keep the foundry quests in tact.

I'm in favor of a wipe. They will not be able to completely target the affected accounts to fix this issue. It's gone on for a long time, but only recently became public, probably as "revenge" for the recent bannings. Currency has been laundered through multiple accounts, players that didn't expoit have benefited from it (selling items for 5-10m when they usually go for 50k) etc. The diamonds are widespread across both exploiters and non exploiters.

I enjoy the game, it's fun. I have no issue restarting.

All ZEN/Founder Items would be restored to their unspent state so you can start over.
  • solidor80solidor80 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    We need a purification, enough said.