test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This is why you dont take peoples money in a "beta".

sumnzsumnz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Now that people have paid money for digital items, its far trickier to perform a server wipe. People will demand refunds, or somehow barring those not being given, the cheated people who played fair and square will quit.

If I had just paid 20 bucks for zen, and went to trade ti for AD for in game purchases and found out someone took my 20 bucks for zero work invested on their part, I would never touch a thing from this company again.
Post edited by sumnz on

Comments

• Options
    eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it's easy, they will not wipe. they will ban 30% of people who exploited and the rest would be walking away with it.
    At least this is what i think will happen.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Of course they won't wipe.

And I doubt they will get even 10% of the exploiters and even if so what is a 3 day ban when you are sitting on 100 of million of Ad in some cases......
  • Options
    sumnzsumnz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I am going to chargeback for my money back. This kind of mistake is too much. I had hopes for the game, but this is unfixable. Its either a huge wipe and peoples purchases disappear, or they don't and basically say cheating is unpunished. Either way not something I want to support.
  • Options
    markoepmarkoep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sumnz wrote: »
    Now that people have paid money for digital items, its far trickier to perform a server wipe. People will demand refunds, or somehow barring those not being given, the cheated people who played fair and square will quit.

If I had just paid 20 bucks for zen, and went to trade ti for AD for in game purchases and found out someone took my 20 bucks for zero work invested on their part, I would never touch a thing from this company again.

Hardcore troll. Youve been born yesterday? You really believe a team with master and bachelor degree doesnt know what to do?
    geez what a idiot....
  • Options
    eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    markoep wrote: »
    Hardcore troll. Youve been born yesterday? You really believe a team with master and bachelor degree doesnt know what to do?
    geez what a idiot....

the world is actually being ruined by people with master and bachelor degree...
  • Options
    chezruchezru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually the world is being ruined by idiots who don't pay attention to anything more than MTV and TMZ, American Idol, and Jersey Shore. If more people actually gave two shakes about using some common sense and thinking for themselves, the world would have a shot at being a better place. I suppose it is much easier to blame it on the educated and successful, which just proves my point.

But why quibble.
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It happened something similar with Raiderz.
    There was a dupe and damage explot that allowed you to one-shot everything and dupe everything, including cash shop items.
    People got in an afternoon items that would take them months to craft! You must kill a boss to get 1-3 of the 1000+ items you need to craft an earing. And you can only kill said boss 3 times a day. And they got those earings in a matter of hours.
    Dupe entrance keys -> kill the boss till you have one of each of the items you need -> dupe them -> craft the thing.
    They also duped enchantment items. when you get past +6 you can break your weapon. Easy. Dupe your weapon. Dupe some trade items (consumables) -> Sell them to an NPC -> get thousands of gold. Dupe enchanting items -> Enchant your countless +6 weapons until you get a +9.
    And guess what? Many of them are still walking free and dandy all over the place.

Good luck to all of you. I only played this game to try something new but i'm not a real fan of it. I seriously think you're all ****d up in the most epic way and you won't get any real solution from PWE to all those issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    getyoazzinmyvangetyoazzinmyvan Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    Title should be changed to This is why you don't give money to beta's.

Its an unfinished product then you get upset when something goes wrong.... Ya blame other people.
  • Options
    cr1t1kalcr1t1kal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bet they wished they had kept this game as a real beta, you know, where you test for bugs and exploits and wipes are the norm.
  • Options
    justworknamejustworkname Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    as if anyone had a gun held to there effing head man. I think for every single person who has spent any money, its been ENORMOUSLY clear that it is a beta.

So, point is moot. If they had said they were launching, you'd have a valid point. IF ppl had been required to pay a subscription to play, you'd have a point. No one has had to... ppl have recieved goods for the posted price.

Suppose you buy a diamond at the jewelry store. If someone goes and robs that store and all others, do you suddenly get to ask for your money back because the diamond store has been robbed? Absolute nonsense. Every purchase ever made has some level of buyer beware. You're living int eh adult world here, no one is required to wear the kiddie gloves when dealing with transactions.
  • Options
    arrowmaticarrowmatic Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as if anyone had a gun held to there effing head man. I think for every single person who has spent any money, its been ENORMOUSLY clear that it is a beta.

So, point is moot. If they had said they were launching, you'd have a valid point.

Eh, you don't understand that you're just buying into a marketing trick. This game is as live as it will ever be. This game is not in a testing phase that will conclude with a wipe for "launch" -- they have stated that clearly. This game has a fully functional cash shop, purchases from which are considered permanent, meaning that there are no plans to refund said purchases at some later date, at "launch".

This is a launched game already. Calling it "beta" is just something micro-transaction game publishers do to cover their butts when things go horribly wrong. Like now. If you still don't understand that or disagree, then explain to me what the functional, actual difference would be between now and "launch". The cash shop is already online and they're already past the phase of test, change, wipe. So explain the difference. Hint: you won't find one. The game is live.
  • Options
    buttercurlerbuttercurler Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arrowmatic wrote: »
    Eh, you don't understand that you're just buying into a marketing trick. This game is as live as it will ever be. This game is not in a testing phase that will conclude with a wipe for "launch" -- they have stated that clearly. This game has a fully functional cash shop, purchases from which are considered permanent, meaning that there are no plans to refund said purchases at some later date, at "launch".

This is a launched game already. Calling it "beta" is just something micro-transaction game publishers do to cover their butts when things go horribly wrong. Like now. If you still don't understand that or disagree, then explain to me what the functional, actual difference would be between now and "launch". The cash shop is already online and they're already past the phase of test, change, wipe. So explain the difference. Hint: you won't find one. The game is live.

100% this. You may possibly be the smarterestest personz in deeze forumz. But seriously, you said it all.
  • Options
    ronincavalierronincavalier Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hubris blazes through the work of PWE and they fiddle away. Who could imagine that the idea of “Lets make money without doing any work.” might backfire?

If this had happened in a game environment where the dev team showed a strong work-ethic and honest desire to provide a great experience for their players; had this occurred as the company had been pledging to bring updates, new content, parading plans for the future and offering new ways for the player to get involved in the game environment, then I would be incensed, outraged that someone might have the dysfunction to derail the honest effort of so many for such a momentary notoriety.

But as it is, the money-barons at PWE are hoisted on their own avaricious petard. These exploiters look more like Robin Hood than renegades. Especially taking into account how this could never have happened if the whole Zen/AD cash grab system was instead an in-game economy only. And it would never had happened if competence was a premium instead of releasing a game that was nowhere near ready to hit the screen. Honestly, I can't really say that the staff is under-qualified because they might be geniuses in their own time trying to plug every hole in this swiss cheese “gimme a dollar” lifeboat.

But PWE rolled the dice on the idea that everyone out there was dim enough to dupe into lapping at these money sinks and just not notice the lack of planning, development and work. And they were wrong, like so many that came before, not that they bothered to notice.

I can't hep but feel sorry for Cryptic. Their work on CoH will follow them for as long as the people who experienced that nearly Utopian vision of a game still have keyboards. Not that any of the icons of the former incarnation of Cryptic remain, but they still carry the name and just so, the banner of a company that produced a spectacular game with real developer involvement, a tight rule set that kept expanding, nonexistent gold farming and iron clad economy and player communities unlike any that have shown themselves since.

Is it unfair to compare todays Cryptic to the Golden Age Cryptic? Is that a judgment too heavy for the the frail shoulders of a company vassal to a richer Dynasty?

Perhaps that name is no longer for you Cryptic. Perhaps it is time to become something more in line with your offerings.

Go ahead and get the rename token Cryptic, its only 400 Zen.