test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to Fix PvP

s1erra117xs1erra117x Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
We all know the problems with PvP, but this isn't to argue about nerfs or tweaks I propose a grander idea. You have a broke system that is PvP but on the other hand you have an amazing system in the Foundry.

As a console gamer is there a reason you can't bring the Foundry System to PvP and change the whole premise of it? What I mean by that is PvP now is souly focused on a competitive aspect and that's all great and dandy but it's 2013 and that's way to narrow of a market for PvP to be successful. It's great that there is competitive gametypes like domination but what's wrong with having zany and fun, less competitive gametypes?

I'm going to use halo series as a perfect example the Forge system allowed players to edit almost every aspect of the environment, gameplay, damage, hit points, objectives and it was a huge success. Because of this system implemented in Halo 2 users made great multiplayer games and because of it at least 2 are actually apart of Halo 4, Zombies and Griffball (Both non traditional) and that's not to mention countless others!

In closing I know they are two completely different type of games but whats keeping the Foundry from being applied to PvP? Just by sheer numbers along if you make every thing editable someone will make a gametype (maybe even me) That I will find fun, and keep players engaged and less angry on the forums.

Comments

• Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this was possible I'd happily support this. Being able to create other competitive events apart from whacking at each other would be wonderful.
  • Options
    s1erra117xs1erra117x Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    competitive events apart from whacking at each other would be wonderful.
    That's perfectly said and basically through all the rambling that's what i was getting at