test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Control Wizard DODGE bug

nordjaganordjaga Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi all,

Im new here, I've started playing couple of days ago, so I cant create a new topic.
My Control Wizard is on 45th level and there is one thing that really irritates me sice I've started playing, DODGE and the way of animation. When I'm using dodge, everytime at the end of the process of teleportation, it just stops for a while and then keeps running again. Just wonderingif this happens to everyone, or just me?
Thanks
Post edited by nordjaga on

Comments

• Options
    s4bres4bre Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its one of the genius coding descisions they made.... give the weakest character in terms of life and armor
    a dodge that SUCKS and pauses movement after completion...u cant escape in Pvp with that pos anyay..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Somebody has it intention to fix it?
    This bug is very cumbersome to play with Control Wizard.
  • Options
    damhalfdamhalf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    considering TRs and DCs also have slowed movement after a dodge, I'd say it's a decision to make dodging effective at moving out of a certain area rapidly (say, a dragon about to breathe fire at you) and not just an ability to outrun everything with
  • Options
    helza123helza123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and you actaully like dodge.. DC doesnt even dodge :/
  • Options
    damhalfdamhalf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I probably would've had some sharp words with whoever designed the DC skiing animation back when I first saw it. I'm fine with it right now, but.. please change it, pretty please? I can donate around a litre of blood for an animation change (to something less stupid)
  • Options
    thedoggygirlthedoggygirl Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Divine Cleric 'dash' looks like someone in socks enjoying themselves on a nice polished hardwood floor. Great fun but not really 'heroic'.
    (Also a good way to ruin socks >.<)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hi

Someone from support reads these posts here ?
  • Options
    yarrenzeyarrenze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is not a bug. It is annoying, but it is their way to avoid using dodge to cover large distances.
    Knowledge is power!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Then let them reduce the distance without stopping !
  • Options
    nightfer01nightfer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    And let the GWF OUTRUN you for nothing? This needs to be fixed cause it is a bug. You cant have 3 classes with gap closing skills to outrun EVERYTHING. TRs have annoying hide that can shoot thru, GF can knock down you till the world ends, GWF can run the whole map in a split second. And what does CW have? Tons of CC? I dont think thats fair but its the devs thing to do. Eighter fix it in the name of the balance or nerf all classes to match CW and DC. Cause honestly, after the first week, I havent seen that many CW lately.Everyone rolling TR cause of the 1-shoot-kill skills for PVP.

Edit: Other than that, I have noticed a few more glitches with the teleport skill. When you are close to the edge and you try to teleport /when you are on the ground/ it just stops at the edge and doesnt continue further. It doesnt matter where you are, it just wastes your stamina and makes the teleport useless /in terms of you trying to chace someone or escape from someone.
  • Options
    flawedmonkeyflawedmonkey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    <Removed per RoC>
  • Options
    whamatomicalwhamatomical Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This clunky animation should be fixed. I do not like playing a control wizard because it looked like a beta version of animation. I picked up the warrior )GWF( instead.
  • Options
    captndafcaptndaf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    I don't have any problem with my CW's teleport. I have to stand still to cast anyway so any disorientation after teleporting is no nevermind to me.
    "Duct tape is like the force; it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together."
  • Options
    zenatheistforumzenatheistforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can we please revisit this? I love my CW, but the jerky movement while running literally gives me a headache...

Devs? Please?