test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Should I even play today?

grimbrytegrimbryte Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Since there was an AD exploit, should I even start playing right now or they are going to rollback the whole server?
Post edited by grimbryte on

Comments

• maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Chances are that the servers will be going down soon.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • crjyingcrjying Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Better spend your time somewhere else...like..do your homework / assignments :)
  • joedrag0njoedrag0n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't try to level, don't try to sell anything. They HAVE to do a rollback, the economy and zen exchange are too screwed up for bans alone to be sufficient. Plus probably half the playerbase have profited from this so they would have to ban too many people.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Btw, Maho, since the other thread was apparently closed, here is what I was just typing to you:
    maho4200 wrote: »
    No but I don't think getting an answer from someone that can authorize a shutdown would take more than 20 minutes.

I know nothing of their internal structures or who calls the shots when it comes to stuff like this. In a previous job it would have been a problem to get someone on a Sunday morning, but that was fifteen years ago when people still mostly used beepers and not cells. In my current job I could authorize stuff like this, and I think I'm very available. But then again, it's not a branch of a sizable Asian entertainment company, either. I imagine their structures are more rigid.

My point was in defense of entry and mid management people, like community personnel, because I can relate to the crappy position they get put in when things like this happen. I'm generally less supportive of upper management types. :) Anyway, I agree that information and communication need improvement here and no, as a customer I'm not thrilled with the situation. Consider that I bought 15M AD during headstart, for 30k Zen, which a few days ago had a value of 42k Zen and are now back to 30k, if that. So no, I'm not impressed with the quality of service, either, I just don't take it out on the people who are not responsible for it (community personnel, customer service reps, etc.) because I know what it is like.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No, I wouldn't play today. As Joedragon said, they HAVE to do a rollback! This time the exploit is just too serious.
  • laplanduslaplandus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lots of people gonna be pissed about rollbacks though. Got nightmare mount from the lockbox? ROLLBACK. Got that Castle Never weapon drop? ROLLBACK.
  • hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    please an announcement is needed, should I play today?
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whichever way they go there will be backlash over it, but I think NOT doing a rollback would be more harmful to them at this stage.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    laplandus wrote: »
    Lots of people gonna be pissed about rollbacks though. Got nightmare mount from the lockbox? ROLLBACK. Got that Castle Never weapon drop? ROLLBACK.

Yeah, it's a lose-lose situation. I think it's better than jeopardizing the integrity of Astral Diamonds and the whole economic aspect of the game. This also affects the Zen store directly. I honestly would be surprised if they didn't re-roll. Seems like a "no other way" kind of situation to me. But who knows.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • visinjivisinji Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was just thinking the same thing. Had most of my day cleared just to play.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah frack it I am going to play DDO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • khufutaronkhufutaron Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm probably not going to play today. I might mess around for fun, but I'm not going to do anything strategic (i.e. level, craft, etc...). Might use the time to tinker in the foundry to get a hang of things. I have to think the servers will be coming down at some point and there has to be a roll-back. Or, if they don't bring the servers down at all, it probably points to them doing a wipe since bringing down the servers wouldn't be necessary until the major bug fixes are ready to go.
  • bah74bah74 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    visinji wrote: »
    I was just thinking the same thing. Had most of my day cleared just to play.

Same here. Was excited I had a clean slate to spend playing the game, decided to check out the forums first, and now my desire to play is zero.

No sense wasting my time if it's all going to just disappear. Of course, if they don't rollback there's no sense wasting my time with the game at all. This is a make or break moment for Cryptic, let's hope they make the right decision.
  • leo2fishleo2fish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why the **** is the game still even online considering the circumstances is my question
  • meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    I would imagine all that we do from this day forth in Neverwinter could be a waste of time until they make a decision what direction they are going with the servers.
  • krayzeeonekrayzeeone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    I would imagine all that we do from this day forth in Neverwinter could be a waste of time until they make a decision what direction they are going with the servers.

It's a waste of time anyway given all the hacking and account theft that's going on. It's just a matter of time until it happens...
  • malfectomalfecto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My buddy told me about this game last week, and I just got time to download it. While it was downloading, I decided to hop on the forums and learn a bit about the game.

Wow.

I think I'll cancel my download and check back in a few months.
  • mannerothemannerothe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've actually given up on this game already. They don't ban and they take ages to fix game breaking exploits. Unless they have some master plan to keep this up for a while longer only to find the rest of the exploits, THEN do a wipe, the game economy is not just broken but beyond repair. A roll back won't fix. No one knows how long people have been using this new one. It may even been how gold sellers have been getting their AD quickly. One day down won't help. Massive bans on EVERYONE that took advantage of this exploit, AND at least a rollback is the minimum that will help. A wipe would be better. Yes, everyone that used it. There are no innocent people that used it. Make them create new accounts.
  • akrylumakrylum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    I dont know what to think now about everything append. Stay and play or wait or leave. Truly i dont know. I am bored about all the problems and that we have no clear information from the compagny about the future. I feel that i have lose my $300. I have invest for 2 years and give credit to the compagny but after 19 days... :(
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zen exchange, gateway and ah are all currently offline so at least finally we know they know about it and are doing....something
  • malcryzmalcryz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just to be safe, it'd probably be smart to take a break at least until they announce something official - in this particular game there aren't really any crucial things you'll miss by skipping one day so it's safe to go do other stuff for a while. =)
    (The only thing that would be are double AD weekends but there aren't any ongoing now and the normal daily events such as skirmish AD/dungeon extra loot events etc., all run on a cycle so they're there tomorrow and the day after and so on.)
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Sadly, I am not playing today. I logged in to just make a note of how much XP I had, my level, my gold, my AD..and see where any rollbacks takes me. Im logged into GW2 at the moment and I will continue to stay logged into GW2 and out of Neverwinter until a rollback occurs that will fix this imbalance. If they do nothing, I stay out of game.