test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your oppinion on tricksters's daily / crit skills? (Not a cry thread).

jenniskr2jenniskr2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
So, i've been a little put off on PvP these last days, i'm a pretty decent cleric with 9,7K GS.
However tricksters are a nice class and all, but this crits they do are they really fair?

I mean they litteraly takes my complete hp bar away in one shot *sigh*.

I'll take a screenshot to prove it but i have like 25-26K in health and often there is tricksters who hit me for 30k damage +

How is this in anyway fair? I would like to be able to have a chance to atleast defend myself. /discuss
7vlbg.png
Post edited by jenniskr2 on

Comments

• incarealincareal Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    just my 2cents:
    TRs atwill do 3times more dmg than GWF atwill (at same GS)
  • jenniskr2jenniskr2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    incareal wrote: »
    just my 2cents:
    TRs atwill do 3times more dmg than GWF atwill (at same GS)

I think GWF is fair classes, if played right they hit like a truck but you can still have a chance to stand up.
    Which is rather impossible if you get one-shot >.<
    7vlbg.png
  • jerichaojerichao Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Damage is just too high in general for everybody in level 60 PvP. Cryptic needs to tone it down by changing the scaling of the skills to like lvl 40 or something.
  • karandordaockarandordaoc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    I can 1v1 most rogues as a cleric. There are some that never fail to get me but they just generally out-gear me quite badly. The big thing you need to fight rogues is 3/3 in break the spirit. It reduces their damage by ~30% which is enough that they will have a very hard time killing you with astral shield up. It is also a DoT which stack with brand of the sun which both proc astral seal. So with healing from astral shield and astral seal from both DoTs, the damage reduction from astral shield and the weakness from break the spirit you can generally 1v1 just about anything.

Break the spirit is an incredibly good PvP skill. It works much better than most of our healing abilities for saving people in a fight. Just throw it on whichever enemy is doing the most damage.
  • jenniskr2jenniskr2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can 1v1 most rogues as a cleric. There are some that never fail to get me but they just generally out-gear me quite badly. The big thing you need to fight rogues is 3/3 in break the spirit. It reduces their damage by ~30% which is enough that they will have a very hard time killing you with astral shield up. It is also a DoT which stack with brand of the sun which both proc astral seal. So with healing from astral shield and astral seal from both DoTs, the damage reduction from astral shield and the weakness from break the spirit you can generally 1v1 just about anything.

Break the spirit is an incredibly good PvP skill. It works much better than most of our healing abilities for saving people in a fight. Just throw it on whichever enemy is doing the most damage.

I'm aware and it's a good tactics but there is just nothing you can do when you defend a point they zerg you with 1 or 2 rogues, they WILL get you eventually.
    7vlbg.png
  • mannokmannok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In PvP balance is everything, some has high damage, others alot of cc, utility, heals, armor, mobility survivability etc. This skills completely removes the strong side of 3 of the classes in the game, being, Cleric, GF and GWF: Cause survivability isn't really something you brag about when you get 1 hit.

From a PvP players perspective I rarely see a TR who is effective without using his daily and I think this is a shame for the overall gameplay of the class. As a GWF I have 50% mitigation and 80% when using "Unstoppable" and it feels kinda weird that, without the daily the TR is anything from "very easy" -> "moderate difficult" (gear, spec dependent etc) and when the daily is up and crits, its basicly a 1 hit.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jenniskr2 wrote: »
    I'm aware and it's a good tactics but there is just nothing you can do when you defend a point they zerg you with 1 or 2 rogues, they WILL get you eventually.

1 is not a zerg. And 2 vs 1 should be a loss for most classes most of the time? 1 rogue vs you at a point should be doable, it may not be depending on skill/gear/etc but it should be.