test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account Security??

abradaxabradax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok, I decided to reset my password this morning as part of my quarterly password changes.

I also updated the email address on my account to my main email address.... yet the verification password asking if I am sure I want to change my email address went to the new account instead of the old?

If someone managed to login to my account, they could change the email address on my account and I would never know.

Also PWE accounts are limited to 14 character passwords? That is pretty small in the grand scheme of things, especially considering you do not have two step authentication available.
Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit
Post edited by abradax on

Comments

• Options
    professorzprofessorz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    abradax wrote: »
    Ok, I decided to reset my password this morning as part of my quarterly password changes.

I also updated the email address on my account to my main email address.... yet the verification password asking if I am sure I want to change my email address went to the new account instead of the old?

If someone managed to login to my account, they could change the email address on my account and I would never know.

Also PWE accounts are limited to 14 character passwords? That is pretty small in the grand scheme of things, especially considering you do not have two step authentication available.

your way behind the times my friend. but its nice to know the word is out.
  • Options
    abradaxabradax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    *You're

:p

This post was just a shameless bump so more people can see this. MMOs with real life money stores should take security extremely seriously. Hoping this gets remedied soon.
    Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
    Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
    Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit
  • Options
    limitlesschaoslimitlesschaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah...their method for changing the e-mail on your PWE account is archaic and I hate the lack of an authenticator.

Source: My ****ing account got jacked yesterday and the person changed the e-mail and PW so now I'm ****ed and have to wait for PWE's support to give it back to me.
  • Options
    vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    with the loss of so many account I am about to take a hike. I read ALOT of people loosing accounts and PWE ignoring the people needing help.