test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Encounter Question - Bears, panthers, birds

runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hi, I'm new to building my own Foundry quest. :)

This may be a newbie question, but I want to make a simple encounter with wild bears. I'm having trouble finding which preset encounter to use for the appropriate four-legged friend animations. I guess while I'm at it....is there one with an animation appropriate for birds? Wild boars and panthers?

Thanks. :)

-Cici
Post edited by runis12 on

Comments

• vanlichtensteinvanlichtenstein Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just to bumb this to the top.

I would love to know too which animations go with animals.
    And what happens when you have an animal do a wave or such. Does it do that, or doesn't it do anything.
  • runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It just bothers me that I have an outdoor dungeon and I can't figure this out for bears in the area. XD And I don't want to waste putting bears out there as NPCs because of the NPC limit on the map. ><
  • nokturnelnokturnel Member Posts: 173 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Umm bears I'd suggest some of the Gnoll encounters work decently. I think in the Frost encounters there's some wolves in there too, if you don't want to use all the mobs in the encounter you can place the extra ones off the map.

As for birds, you can use Imps pretty decently to get that effect.

The animations might not link up well, but that's cause cryptic didn't include much animations for the bird/wolf/bear models. The attacks should work fine though.
    -Protect the Caravan-
    Fun 15-20 Minute Heavy Combat Quest with a difficulty slider. Hand crafted environments and encounters.
    Code: NW-DSVCX8LD4
    Thread URL: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?257391-Protect-the-Caravan
    edited May 2013
    Thanks, nokturnel, I'll give those a shot. :)
  • vanlichtensteinvanlichtenstein Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks too :)
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm, gnolls aren't working. Even tried preset wolves with bear costumes. I really don't want them to just stand there and do damage without any animation. Ughhh, annoying~ :p Having the same problem with panthers. Guess I'm just stuck with wolves in my quest for now.
  • jerort69jerort69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    runis12 wrote: »
    Hmmm, gnolls aren't working. Even tried preset wolves with bear costumes. I really don't want them to just stand there and do damage without any animation. Ughhh, annoying~ :p Having the same problem with panthers. Guess I'm just stuck with wolves in my quest for now.

Yeah, its actually pretty limiting... I'm assuming thats because its still in open beta though?!? I have bears in my quest but they just stand there and don't have any sort of annimation unless they get hit, so its pretty lame. Bears in a wererat costume. Of all the creatures in the encounters, you'd think there would at least be bears.

BTW - someone mentioned not wanting to make the bears NPC earlier in the thread. How do you do that and still change their faction to be enemy? I've tried everything from the special nodes to trying to manipulate behavior but the NPCs stay friendly. I know there has to be a way because I've seen it in other MODs. Thanks for the answer if you have it!

Later,
    ~J
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jerort69 wrote: »
    Yeah, its actually pretty limiting... I'm assuming thats because its still in open beta though?!? I have bears in my quest but they just stand there and don't have any sort of annimation unless they get hit, so its pretty lame. Bears in a wererat costume. Of all the creatures in the encounters, you'd think there would at least be bears.

BTW - someone mentioned not wanting to make the bears NPC earlier in the thread. How do you do that and still change their faction to be enemy? I've tried everything from the special nodes to trying to manipulate behavior but the NPCs stay friendly. I know there has to be a way because I've seen it in other MODs. Thanks for the answer if you have it!

Later,
    ~J
    When you want something to become an enemy, you set disappear on your non-hostile, and set visibility on a hostile with the same costume. Foundry doesn't do factions.
    edited May 2013
    :D I'd like aquatic monsters too. haha
    Indeed, bears are a staple!