test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Change How Loot Is Decided or least add a "Class" Option

fateful0majestyfateful0majesty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Seriously...that is terrible, add in an option for Class Rolls. Items that are exclusive to your class you can Need, Greed or Pass on. If it is something that everyone can use, JUST have Greed or Pass, this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> where some jerk just waits to the very end after everyone has rolled Greed rolls Need and no one gets a **** thing, or Needing on stuff they can't use. Need to stop...

And not with this, but change treasure a little, not the actual loot but if you have opened a chest(or used a Profession Node) and then happen to get attacked before claiming...it is is lost and don't get anything. Change that, while not real pressing or as annoying as the Loot Rolls...still off-putting.
Post edited by fateful0majesty on

Comments

• daeanordaeanor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a problem with every MMO that uses a roll system, and the only thing that really works is a community that demands people aren't jerks. Bask in the day, when I played the original EQ, anyone could loot anything, but if you were caught taking something away from someone who could use it more, you were on the road to being shunned. That would mean your guild might throw you out, and you wouldn't be able to get a group because of your rep. All the mechanics that make it easy for anyone to get by without help from others have made this a problem.

I really don't see the NW community maturing that way anytime soon, so maybe forcing the rolls is the only viable solution. But this game is way too easy to get by in without help. Way too easy in general ... leveling is too fast, and everything is geared more to making people buy Zen than establishing a good gaming community. I'm enjoying the game myself so far, but I doubt I'll be playing this time next year just because of things like that. May as well play a single-player game if the community is no good.
  • fateful0majestyfateful0majesty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I know...pretty much forcing is the only way to do it. I mean, not like you can steal an item for your class if the party group votes you get it cause you need it more even though that wizard rolled higher on Need for that Cleric item...you really needed. Least that way you don't have people *****ing and yelling or maybe moving foes to kill that player and could really hurt the chances of succeeding in the dungeon :/