test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ray of Enfeeblement in TAB

copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Library
Ok what am I missing? I often miss the fine prints of things, but I can't find an answer to this. Why does the cooldown of Ray of Enfeeblement go up by over 4seconds when I switch it from an Encounter slot to the Spell Mastery slot?

Tooltip to me shows 9.7 seconds as a regular encounter. When it is in Mastery it goes up to 14 seconds for both the first and the second charge. It kinda defeats the purpose of having it in Mastery. Can someone clarify?
Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
Post edited by copticone on

Comments

• opm49602opm49602 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As far as I can tell any skill that has multiple charges is not affected by recovery.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    opm49602 wrote: »
    As far as I can tell any skill that has multiple charges is not affected by recovery.
    +1 to confirm this bug.
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think it is a bug. It seems that when you move it to the Mastery slot, it completely looses its tooltip cooldown and becomes 14sec flat regardless of your recovery.
    All I know is, it's definitely not worth a mastery slot IMO.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's worth it in PVP. Two RoE plus Ice Knife does some major, major damage. Hopefully they'll fix the bug soon.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • harming18harming18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    Also for PvP , using your pvp set reduces your mastery cooldown by 25%, counters this by a good bit. Its why I stick to my PvP set over any t2 sets.
  • malycmalyc Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ray of Enfeeblement has a base cooldown of 15 seconds, when placed in the spell mastery tab it uses this base value, not the altered one. Also, the PvP set doesn't work at this time, especially not on RoE.

Assuming it's equal decrements per rank (rank 1 does not have a higher damage/mitigation reduction), then at rank 3 one casting will reduce mitigation and damage by 15%. With Spell Mastery, it doubles the debuffs to about 30% damage/mitigation reduction.

Using the Thaumaturge tree, Arcane spells reduce mitigation by another 10% (non-stacking as far as I know), and Conduit reduces mitigation by another 15%. Essentially this means a CW can reduce up to 55% mitigation by just using conduit + RoE. This pretty much means anything, even Guardian Fighters or Devoted Clerics standing on their field, will explode from something like focused fire or an Ice Knife in PvP.

To reiterate, 2 Enfeeblements means no matter what tree you chose, you'll be lopping off 30% damage and 30-% mitigation from your target. He'll be hitting like a pansy and eating damage like he's near naked. With the right build, that damage eaten is pretty much guaranteed to be fatal regardless of starting health or class choice.
  • poac1poac1 Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    The pvp set bonus works, just not on the described slot. For example you can instantly reset many true AoE spells in the right tabs and fill your daily with 1 click. It's how a lot of the harder encounters are CC'd by 1 CW.

PvP set + Shield in Q + 50 targets = put shield up, get hit once, fire shield for max daily, use singularity & put shield up while they get pulled in, fire shield again...repeat indefinitely. This is the only legitimate strat I know of to actually kill a lot of stuff without pushing it off a ledge or burning through mechanics.

Edit: Or bringing 2 clerics specced properly to get 99% mitigation.
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still, that's double Rays every 30seconds almost. How is that a good option just so you can burn someone quickly in PvP? In that 30seconds I often get into 3-4 fights. I'd rather have Ray in a normal slot and use it 4 times more often.
  • harming18harming18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    Here's a full guide with rotations. Read Specifically the fighting each posted class to see why you want Rays Tabbed.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?245542-60-CW-pvp-tips-tricks-PRIDE-Dragon&p=3214432#post3214432
    edited May 2013
    Here's a full guide with rotations. Read Specifically the fighting each posted class to see why you want Rays Tabbed.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?245542-60-CW-pvp-tips-tricks-PRIDE-Dragon&p=3214432#post3214432
  • ravendarke1ravendarke1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PvP 4 set doesnt work, nor by describer or anything else, just get watches and try it yourself.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    Still, that's double Rays every 30seconds almost. How is that a good option just so you can burn someone quickly in PvP? In that 30seconds I often get into 3-4 fights. I'd rather have Ray in a normal slot and use it 4 times more often.

The thing is you wont be around for those other fights because i melted you with a double burst of green love.