test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

3 day ban? Is this a joke?

vlayde9vlayde9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So you're telling I could've exploited millions of AD and I all would've gotten was a 3 day ban as punishment and still keep all the AD? Please tell me you're atleast removing the AD from those who exploited, if not, then you're going to see the entire community jump on the next exploit without fearing they wont permanently lose their ill gotten gains.
Post edited by vlayde9 on

Comments

• Options
    smuffinssmuffins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vlayde9 wrote: »
    So you're telling I could've exploited millions of AD and I all would've gotten was a 3 day ban as punishment and still keep all the AD? Please tell me you're atleast removing the AD from those who exploited, if not, then you're going to see the entire community jump on the next exploit without fearing they wont permanently lose their ill gotten gains.

i see your post and this above it
    "The Founder Program ends soon. Become a Founder now before it's too late: http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack/"
    lol. support the game indeed.
    they really do take us for fools don't they? ;)
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, that is exactly what they are telling us.

And yeah the Founder thing is annoying. I have both packs and I STILL see it spammed everywhere.
  • Options
    aronwenaronwen Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    Click the X and it should be gone...
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Something tells me this was only the first salvo in a much larger barrage. I think it is taking them more time to poor through the logs and get the full measure of what all the exploiters did.

The three day ban is a stop gap. Something to keep the community passive while the search continues. It seems a safe first step. Then to be overly aggressive and run the risk of banning folks by mistake. I expect there will be a number of folks who will find their 3 day ban upgraded to permanent as the investigation reaches its conclusion.
  • Options
    notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I just want to point out this and this.

Very good reads.

Word of mouth is spreading and it's glorious!
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Something tells me this was only the first salvo in a much larger barrage. I think it is taking them more time to poor through the logs and get the full measure of what all the exploiters did.

The three day ban is a stop gap. Something to keep the community passive while the search continues. It seems a safe first step. Then to be overly aggressive and run the risk of banning folks by mistake. I expect there will be a number of folks who will find their 3 day ban upgraded to permanent as the investigation reaches its conclusion.

Yeah that is the feeling I get....I don't know about the rest of cryptic, but I do know from playing CoH that Jack Emmert takes a very dim view to cheaters. It ain't over yet, that I'm sure.
    dezstravus wrote: »

However, we are still in the process of reviewing the logs and taking action against specific accounts that are deemed to have utilized the exploits to a level that we feel is worthy of temporary or permanent account closure.

And after reading this I'm even more sure.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    vlayde9vlayde9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    notdrizzt wrote: »
    I just want to point out this and this.

Very good reads.

Word of mouth is spreading and it's glorious!

Seriously? Another game breaking bug?
  • Options
    smuffinssmuffins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    However, we are still in the process of reviewing the logs and taking action against specific accounts that are deemed to have utilized the exploits to a level that we feel is worthy of temporary or permanent account closure.

I still think you're being overly optimistic atm; we'll see in a couple of days.
    Many people already offloaded, it's an empty a/c left & there's nothing they can do now.
    No way they're going to ban the people that bought gear off them.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smuffins wrote: »
    I still think you're being overly optimistic atm; we'll see in a couple of days.
    Many people already offloaded, it's an empty a/c left & there's nothing they can do now.
    No way they're going to ban the people that bought gear off them.

I get where you're coming from guy, but I also know how detailed MMO logs can be, if they wanted they could track every transaction and burn every man jack down. And I think a statement is going to be made here.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What needs to happen is those that have been found to have repeatedly used these exploits to make undue amounts of AD etc should be banned permanently if not at the very least have ALL their characters and all items deleted.

Won't hold my breath though. I learned my lessons well in DDO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    What needs to happen is those that have been found to have repeatedly used these exploits to make undue amounts of AD etc should be banned if not at the very least have their characters and all items deleted.

Won't hold my breath though. I learned my lessons well in DDO.
    To be fair ddo wouldn't have even done the 3day bans, they'd have moved the gf set to the store, put it on sale then removed it a week later saying oooops, while not removing in game items just the ability to get more of them.
  • Options
    dmonimordmonimor Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm leaving this game. GG cryptic
  • Options
    lisau1974lisau1974 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    vlayde9 wrote: »
    Seriously? Another game breaking bug?

Lol Steam finally deleted that thread, but not before a lot of people learned about the new exploit.

Boy it has to suck being PW and Cryptic right now.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Here is the opening post from the sticky thread on the topic.
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

We currently are in the process of taking action against a subset of accounts that were confirmed to have utilized exploits that affected the game balance or economy.

These accounts may be banned, temporarily or permanently, depending on the severity of exploit utilization. Anyone who is affected by this will receive notification via email.

While we have taken all precautions necessary to ensure that no false positives made it into our final list of accounts to take action against, we do acknowledge that some players who were banned may wish to follow up with us. If you had an account banned and wish to escalate the issue to our support team, please create a ticket at support.perfectworld.com or send an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com

Please note that forum discussions about specific accounts being banned is against our forum guidelines, thus any threads on the topic may be closed. Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Thank you for your patience and support while we continue to do everything in our power to ensure that Neverwinter remains a fair and balanced game experience.

-Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

Note that there were both temporary and permanent bans and will be more to come in the future. :)
    I am closing this up but feel free to continue the discussion in the sticky.
This discussion has been closed.