test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Eyefinity or Multi-Monitor Support...

chbangerchbanger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi all,

I was excited to see that Neverwinter supports eyefinity, multi-monitor and extended resolutions right out of the virtual box.

However, I did find some of the UI elements were not moveable or would not remember where I had move them to, once moved.

All the elements in the Arrange HUD option under the menu worked as expected, however, not all HUD elements are shown in the Arrange HUD setup screen.

Here is a run down of the ones that I found that did not work quite right...

1) Map - The map (using the M key) would not remember re-sizing or location and would always reset to center of screen and expanded to both left and right monitors.
2) Level Up information panel - While the panel can be moved it will not remember it's location and defaults to being stuck to the right side of the right monitor.
3) Quest Panel - Cannot be moved and appears on the right side of the left monitor, this isn't too bad of a location, but would be nice to be able to reposition this element.
4) Store/Auction house panels - They cannot be moved and appear in about the same location as the Quest Panel, again, would be nice to move this element
5) Quest Reward Panel - When looting the final instance chest for the quest reward this panel is smack dab in the middle of the transition from one monitor to the other on the left hand side. It cannot be moved. This one is the worst of the bunch as it falls across the bezel and makes it difficult to read.

Other than those few UI elements I found the eyefinity support to be very well implemented, the stretching/magnifying of the image at the extremes wasn't as bad as some other products I've come across.

Regards,
CHBanger.
Post edited by chbanger on

Comments

• extinction777extinction777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Nvidia 3d vision 2 looked unreal as well. The stereoscopic 3d has to be seen to be appreciated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Extinction - GWF
  • rabb1tdotcomrabb1tdotcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 57
    edited March 2013
    It's not a triple monitor issue, the UI doesn't seem to be getting saved correctly at all. There are some windows that you move, close the window, re-open it immediately and it won't remember it's size/position. Also, every time I logged in it had reset and I had to 'load UI' to get things back. Even then, not everything was correctly remembered.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nvidia 3d vision 2 looked unreal as well. The stereoscopic 3d has to be seen to be appreciated.

so game in 3d looks good or bad?
  • presilkpresilk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    The inventory was defently annoying. resized that a few times hoping that it would finally get the hint that I wanted it perminantly adjusted...
  • kolrethkolreth Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    so game in 3d looks good or bad?

For me the shadows are broken and the reticule and nameplates are annoyingly 2D.