test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

banned why

opmiricaleopmiricale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
<Usernames are private> was banned in a beta, this game because of exploits. Its beta u want people to find faults in your game then you(as a company) ban thebest. The guy who makes ur product better through testing and u ban him sham on u
Post edited by opmiricale on

Comments

• ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    I report bugs when I find them, not exploit them.

Glad you got banned.

On a personal note, I've decided to spend $1 for every ban I find out about. I like supporting a company that takes enough pride in it's work to ban people who exploit it.
  • mythxandermythxander Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finding an exploit and abusing an exploit are two different things...

I hope hes gone for good...
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The more they ban exploiters and cheaters the more money I spend on this game.
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ranncore wrote: »

Glad you got banned.

On a personal note, I've decided to spend $1 for every ban I find out about. I like supporting a company that takes enough pride in it's work to ban people who exploit it.

so you're buying a useless quantitiy of zen every time someone gets banned?
  • jinle0522jinle0522 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    so you're buying a useless quantitiy of zen every time someone gets banned?

Why would you care what he spends his money on. He can spend $1 everytime he farts for all it matters.
  • wutangsecretwutangsecret Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They can call it a beta all they want, but they're selling product and banning people. Game's gold, no matter what they want to say to try to get people to overlook glaring faults.
  • steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So... It looks like a Beta (with all the signage) it walks like a beta (with all the glitches and bugs in need of fixing)...

Call me crazy, but I think that's a Beta!

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • wolfheartazwolfheartaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Glad you got banned.

You know these are only 72 hour suspensions..not perma bans, right?

IMO they should be perma banned, not just 3 days so they can laugh...

This game is in trouble
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh hey another exploiter was banned. I think I'll go buy a $10 bag!
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm gonna celebrate the banning of exploiters and cheaters by buying a new mount from the store!
  • marc54marc54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013

Glad you got banned.

I will also spend $1 for ever exploiter bought to justice. Waiting on Bans on <Removed> plz. Not 3 day bans.. perma bans..

They need to show now that they actually care if ppl exploit... 3 day ban says .. go for your life.
  • sutexxsutexx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    opmiricale wrote: »
    Kripparian was banned in a beta, this game because of exploits. Its beta u want people to find faults in your game then you(as a company) ban thebest. The guy who makes ur product better through testing and u ban him sham on u

if that IS the case...then the ban was deserved. Once you find a bug, you report the bug, and stop using the bug. Not keep using it over and over and over to gain an advantage.

however, he was banned for Pirate boss...like many others today/yesterday.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    You know these are only 72 hour suspensions..not perma bans, right?

IMO they should be perma banned, not just 3 days so they can laugh...

This game is in trouble

I'd also prefer them to be perma bans (delete account ban IP) but that's more than any company is willing to do.
    Most these people will come back after their ban expires, for better or worse. Maybe some will have learned.
  • greg455greg455 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its weird, I made over 20 mil AD from doing the quest exploit and I'm not banned. It was a much worse exploit than anything Kripp did, wonder if they just haven't gotten to those yet.
  • marc54marc54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    greg455 wrote: »
    Its weird, I made over 20 mil AD from doing the quest exploit and I'm not banned. It was a much worse exploit than anything Kripp did, wonder if they just haven't gotten to those yet.

I got a WEEk ban from farming pirate boss.. you know the exploit they "fixed" patches ago. Yet ppl that made hundreds of millions with pirate boss combined with GF exploit probably receive the same fate. This game is done,next.

Surely ppl that have made thousands of ZEN and hundreds of millions of AD from abusing exploits deserve a perma ban if my cpl hours of Pirate boss farming deserves a week long ban ^^
  • majtrollxmajtrollx Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    greg455 wrote: »

Because banning streamers is a good way to make people think that they're banning other players who exploited.
  • opmiricaleopmiricale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    u never stop exploiting? exploiting are exploits how about u fix them be smarter than the perso. O no we ban keep the game th same
  • alturenalturen Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm honestly not really investing any money into the game myself for now. It's reassuring to see people being banned. I can't understand how the economy works as I'm oblivious to it and just enjoying the grind and questing/lore. For the time being, I'll support the game with means of Zen as I'm sure Cryptic gets...something..out of it?

Naturally they can't catch them all, nor would they. It's just kind of reassuring to see this kind of practice.

Kudos team.
  • winstoncola1winstoncola1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    I hope half of you are trolling. If not, i hope you search for some professional help. xD
  • opmiricaleopmiricale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nice is accurate
    edited May 2013
    Getting banned for breaking a game= awesome banned for being smarter than people that made the game price
    less
    less
  • aelvez0120aelvez0120 Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    People exploited for hundreds of million of AD only got a 72hr ban for their main account. I don't know why you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> are celebrating.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    u-mad-1_zps56c0b5c7.jpg

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • jipatsujipatsu Member Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    Do people know that anything can happen during that 72hr ban? :)

Maybe they wanted to investigate with time thoroughly the exploiters and then delete their accounts? :))

If I would be holding the ban hammer, that would be the thing I would do atleast. :))
  • s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    72 hour ban is barely a slap on the wrist, it won't even slow the exploiters down and it certainly won't fix the economy.

This isn't your first MMO Cryptic, stop making rookie mistakes.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jipatsu wrote: »
    Do people know that anything can happen during that 72hr ban?

Yes even that Cryptic somehow fix this mess, but they won't......

Maybe they wanted to investigate with time thoroughly the exploiters and then delete their accounts?

Do remember that they couldn't figure out that the GWF was broken at lower levels even when his DAILY power did less DPS than the TRs at-will. I really doubt they will get something like this which is much more complicated right.
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do people know that anything can happen during that 72hr ban? :)

Maybe they wanted to investigate with time thoroughly the exploiters and then delete their accounts? :))

If I would be holding the ban hammer, that would be the thing I would do atleast. :))

except most of these bans seem to have completely missed the mules where the loot was stored, and now any sane exploiter will hand off all their AD to goldsellers for a massive pile of real cash.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    If people find an exploit in any game they are to report it rather than exploit it, Beta or not.

Exploiting bugs in the game can result in action taken against the account.

Terms of Service
    10. User Conduct

You must observe these Terms, all Rules of Conduct, all applicable laws and all basic rules of etiquette and common courtesy when using the Website and the Service. Any conduct that violates the law in an offline, real world community is also a violation of these terms. PWE will not tolerate any illegal or offensive conduct.
    Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 10 above, you agree not to take any of the following actions:
    (j) Engage in any actions that defraud or attempt to defraud, scam or cheat others out of any items that have been earned through authorized game play;
    (k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,
    PWE may take any actions and impose any penalties we deem necessary to discourage and punish any violation of these terms or any other illegal or inappropriate conduct, all without prior notice or warning. The determination as to whether a violation has occurred and who is responsible for such act is solely within PWE's discretion, and is based on what we deem best for the community and the Website. By using the Website, you agree you will be bound by PWE's determination as to whether a violation has occurred and any penalty we choose to implement.
This discussion has been closed.