test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF - Best At-Will

axelzzoseaxelzzose Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Hi,

Which is the best At-will for single-target and what to multi-target?
Post edited by axelzzose on

Comments

• Options
    leapsfromshadowsleapsfromshadows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Initially:
    Sure Strike for single.
    Reaping Strike for multi.

At 20 Points:
    Sure Strike for single.
    Wicked Strike for multi.

At 35 Points:
    Weapon Master Strike for both.
    Wicked Strike for multi.

Weapon Master's Strike looks really cool too, especially combined with the Steel Blitz class feature (extra attack).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kroandarkroandar Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doesn't Sure Strike still outdamage Weapon Master for single target? That's what it looks like on my end
    18.jpg
  • Options
    necrodaggernecrodagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure Strike definetly best for single
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure Strike barely does more than my AoE At Wills when I looked at it.

Like barely more DPS.

It's only better if I cheese the animation with sprint after the last hit and get 2 finishers off for extra dmg.
  • Options
    zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The best I have found is to weapon master strike, attack 3 times with Sure strike (not 4 as the 4th strike is slow aoe and garbage) the weapon masters strike again, repeat.

But this is still a sad sad single target DPS routine a cleric with lance of faith still does more single target DPS than this as well as Wizards with magic missile and even DPS focused GFs with cleave.
  • Options
    incarealincareal Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    shame that TRs at will do 3times more dmg than Sure Strike (at same GS lvl)
  • Options
    burninator42burninator42 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Sure Strike barely does more than my AoE At Wills when I looked at it.

Like barely more DPS.

It's only better if I cheese the animation with sprint after the last hit and get 2 finishers off for extra dmg.
    Just got WMS and did some testing on the training dummys and you are partly right, but there are some interesting quirks.

The WMS debuff on mobs increases your At-Wills by 30%. So by default WMS always buffs itself by 30%.

So if you compare SS vs WMS (WMS including the +30%) then SS is only about 15% ahead in dps (for me at level 36 anyway). If you just want to hold down 1 button and never change then WMS will do OK.

However what you really should be doing against a single target is 1 WMS and then 1 full chain SS (all 4 swings or 5 with sprint break) then back to 1 WMS. This combo was ahead by +30% over pure WMS spam, and thats a big enough difference to be useful.

SS was +15% ahead of WMS.
    WMS+SS was +15% of SS and +30% ahead of WMS.

This is rough figures against a training dummy, assuming that any mitigation on mobs will just lower damage and keep ratios the same.
    zardoz007 wrote: »
    The best I have found is to weapon master strike, attack 3 times with Sure strike (not 4 as the 4th strike is slow aoe and garbage) the weapon masters strike again, repeat.
    4th strike hits twice as hard as strike 1-3 so even if it's slower it still ups your dps.
    It's not AoE either (I assumed it was for ages simply because the ground cracks look like AoE, but you don't see any extra numbers if there are 2 mobs, you still only hit 1).
    4th strike is also very useful if you sprint cheese a 5th and you have time for it before the WMS buff drops.
  • Options
    tumolololtumololol Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I use sure strike for single and wicked for multi. I find the animation for WMS so boring that it pisses me off and I don't use it for that simple and silly reason. However from what I can see, then surestrike, atleast while leveling, have the highest uptime on the deep gash and student of the blade debuffs and they seem a higher damage gain that the WMS debuff. Especially considering the functionality of having wicked as a good aoe together with it.

Shame that all our at-wills are stupidly low in damage, even compared to clerics lol. Tho hopefully cryptic will make some small changes here and there
  • Options
    valenderiovalenderio Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its been fun and gaining in entertainment value the quicker i am able to kill things with the WMS/WS combo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Everyone has a Plan until they get Punched in the Mouth. I am a Fighter.. I punch first. - Zweisocki
  • Options
    grimmhazzardgrimmhazzard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just remember the GWF is not a single target DPS class, it is made up to obliterate large hordes of creatures, bandits, and zombies. I find that having Wicked strike as the primary attack you can get a full 3 hit combo with, then pop 1 master strike to break down armor, with Master strike fully geard up to tier 3 it lasts through the whole wicked strike combo. GWF is set up as an aoe weedwhacker for lack of better terms, it's not a duelist, or a rogue. If you can hold onto that aspect of the GWF and that there primary stat is armor pen, and aoe control and attacks, there isn't anyone that can out damage you in a dungeon as long as you are not afraid to start a fight while the guardian watches over the healer like he should be.

I typically stat for Armor pen, Defense, Deflection and Life steal when I can because 10% life steal from a single target doesn't seem like much but when you hit 15 mobs for around 300-700 on a not so fast that is 450-3500 that you can regen on your own before you acount for the cleric who should have astral up on as many mobs as possible. in fact if you set it up right the GWF replaces the GF as tank with better tank like abilities so the GF can go guard the cleric so they don't get mobed.
  • Options
    incarealincareal Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    Just remember the GWF is not a single target DPS class, it is made up to obliterate large hordes of creatures, bandits, and zombies. I find that having Wicked strike as the primary attack you can get a full 3 hit combo with, then pop 1 master strike to break down armor, with Master strike fully geard up to tier 3 it lasts through the whole wicked strike combo. GWF is set up as an aoe weedwhacker for lack of better terms, it's not a duelist, or a rogue. If you can hold onto that aspect of the GWF and that there primary stat is armor pen, and aoe control and attacks, there isn't anyone that can out damage you in a dungeon as long as you are not afraid to start a fight while the guardian watches over the healer like he should be.

I typically stat for Armor pen, Defense, Deflection and Life steal when I can because 10% life steal from a single target doesn't seem like much but when you hit 15 mobs for around 300-700 on a not so fast that is 450-3500 that you can regen on your own before you acount for the cleric who should have astral up on as many mobs as possible. in fact if you set it up right the GWF replaces the GF as tank with better tank like abilities so the GF can go guard the cleric so they don't get mobed.

looks like u dont have any idea about whats going on at t1/t2. atm there is almost no need for AoE dmg class.