test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server not responding and patch speed at 0kb/s when changing area

sino123sino123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello,

I was at Vellosk in the ruins area with bandits. Forgot the name of the cave you go into, but when I went to get in that area I got stuck with server not responding and the patch speed to get the data from the new area was stuck at 0 kb/s. I turned off the game and reloaded my character, and as soon as I got into the game, I'm stuck at the loading area screen, again at patch speed of 0kb/s and server not responding, so basically now my character is unplayable after reaching lvl 41.....

Please fix it.

Edit: tried to reload a couple more times and now it works. Still it's prob a bug.
Post edited by sino123 on

Comments

• vehzeelvehzeel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here. Actually, it is the same every time I load between areas. Sometimes it takes 10 minutes to load an area.
  • deathfactorsdeathfactors Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This happens to me about 75% of the time I change zones, I can't even run instances anymore because it happens almost every time. I've filed multiple tickets and never get a response, horrible support and a badly run game
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Disable on demand patching in the Launcher. Problem fixed
    @Powerblast in game
  • lordtriganlordtrigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually took me so long to change instances that I was marked afk when it finally loaded.
  • castolluxcastollux Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait, are you sure? And how do you do that?
  • daveyoyodaveyoyo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    Disable on demand patching in the Launcher. Problem fixed

Hardly "problem fixed" when 2gb worth of files is downloading at 30kb/s.
    edited May 2013
    Ugh I'm in like Rohne Valley or something and then now I can't log on to my character forever!!
  • zbluggzblugg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same 0kbps patch speed when trying to get into the game, right after clicking Enter World. Thank God I can come here and read the forums while I wait. The problem is also present when changing areas. I'll try chuckwolf's trick when I get in my zone.
    21.jpg
  • chickenjackchickenjack Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will have to try that fix soon as these 6 files patch lol. That could take a while...
  • thelambsaucethelambsauce Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same same!
  • ispeackersispeackers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem.. after 2hrs patching i get in
  • rainboy123rainboy123 Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    2 hours to download 2 gigs? what are you running ? it took me 15mins if that. you know faster internet nowadays is like 20dollars? dont complain about the download time if you cant afford better internet
  • mercifurmercifur Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there going to be any official reply to this problem? The four of us at my house are having the same problem and are ready to just quit playing if something isn't done about this.

Also, what is this On-Demand Patching and what happens when I disable it?
    edited May 2013
    when you start up your launcher go to options then you see on demand download
    disable it. and itll just patch all the stuff all at once like every other mmo out there
  • mercifurmercifur Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cool, that's what I thought, and that's what I'm doing. I hope it helps with loading, lol.
    edited May 2013
    it does. i did it with mine, and i insta load everything, of course i only pvp . but it doesnt slowly load anymore
  • thelambsaucethelambsauce Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would love to play some NW... BUT I CAN'T
    edited May 2013
    Uh guys I disabled on demand patching and I'm already at 11% in 31 seconds... o-o
    edited May 2013
    Guys it works you gotta do that patch thing haha
    edited May 2013
    Your welcome