test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I found the solution to Cleric threat issues

therealalientherealalien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 72
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Don't use anything but Astral Shield and auto-attacks. Enjoy as you actually generate 0 threat.
Post edited by therealalien on

Comments

• Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Considering I don't have Astral Shield yet.

This doesn't work.

I even dropped Astral Seal completely and only "heal" through Sacred Flames and the passive Repurpose procs. Things still want my tight booty.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    100% incorrect. Astral Shield generates and pulls aggro even when used without Divine Power.
    Next time maybe test this stuff before posting about it.
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Considering I don't have Astral Shield yet.

This doesn't work.

I even dropped Astral Seal completely and only "heal" through Sacred Flames and the passive Repurpose procs. Things still want my tight booty.

And now that every mob between 1 to 60 has had it.. not so tight anymore! Muwhahaha!!

<.<

>.>
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    100% incorrect. Astral Shield generates and pulls aggro even when used without Divine Power.
    Next time maybe test this stuff before posting about it.

You are 100% incorrect. I use nothing Astral Shield and I don't pull any threat. It's Sun Burst that pulls insane amount of threat. Healing Wound, AS, and Bastion don't pull insane amount of threat like Sun Burst does.
  • Options
    squareysquarey Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fixing the threat issues would be so simple. Every boss fight should have a cliff to throw mobs off of like most dungeons have at some point. So instead of dragging bosses to certain areas, we can just walk them a tiny bit to the left or right and knock the adds off as they spawn. Fixed.
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Worst solution ever.
  • Options
    advoketadvoket Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Don't use anything but Astral Shield and auto-attacks. Enjoy as you actually generate 0 threat.

99% of people dont understand how threat works in this game. they start fights way to close to mobs and pull threat way to easily. in this game distance is a large mitigation in threat. the closer u are to enemies the more threat u will build and the farther away u are the less u will build....maneuvers such as knocking things back and then running the opposite direction will simply drop a ton of your threat. this game has nothing like normal threat building from games people are used to. distance from the mobs is a large part of threat in this game
  • Options
    squareysquarey Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    advoket wrote: »
    99% of people dont understand how threat works in this game. they start fights way to close to mobs and pull threat way to easily. in this game distance is a large mitigation in threat. the closer u are to enemies the more threat u will build and the farther away u are the less u will build....maneuvers such as knocking things back and then running the opposite direction will simply drop a ton of your threat. this game has nothing like normal threat building from games people are used to. distance from the mobs is a large part of threat in this game

False information right here.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    Worst solution ever.

Why? I'm able to keep my party alive just from AS alone in T2 dungeons. I'll toss a healing wound here and there. Since I've stopped using Sun Burst, I haven't been pulling every single ****ing mob that my group is fighting.
  • Options
    asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clerics has threat even if they don't cast one single skill. The fact that is present on that place represent a threat for mobs which induce them to go straight to the healer as soon as this enters on their range.
    Is absolutely true about Astral Seal and Astral Shield. Once the other team members manage to get away from the cleric the adds, if the cleric cast ONE SINGLE ASTRAL SEAL they drop anyone and come back to bite the cleric's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> :D
    Fortunately if the cleric is casting Astral SHIELD they won't react in the same way so the cleric is safe, until a new wave of fresh mobs will spawn, and the history will repat.

The lower lvl clerics will have to adapt their play style till they get to have the shield. Stuff becomes more easy after that. And first thing any cleric should do after they get the shield, is to cast that in divine mode. Life saver for the whole team even in the most difficult situations. Put that the shields stack up, i advice to use the shield daily whenever you can.
    About sunburst, is not true that attracts more threat than astral seal, nothing is gaining more threat than one single astral seal, and you will learn that in the most painful way on the lvl 56 instance (and the skirmish as well lol) the Karrundax one. If you thought Mad dragon was hard, wait to see this crazy stuff coming ;D
    Advice, make good stockpile of injury kits ahahaha!!!

Cheers!:cool:
  • Options
    vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    none of this will work cause my cleric gets aggro from standing around being a cleric.
  • Options
    karandordaockarandordaoc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    lol considering I can pull all the threat in the world from a max range casted astral shield I'd say this thread is 100% misinformation.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lol considering I can pull all the threat in the world from a max range casted astral shield I'd say this thread is 100% misinformation.

That's funny because I don't. I'll be sure to make a video tonight and post it in this thread.
  • Options
    asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

man iono how's that but i get the whole room if i cast the seal not the shield. Usually i let the tank start to attack mobs. I don't make a single move till he doesn't cast his skills. After that i put my shield under his feet and i fast move away from my spot cos i know some random mob will still chase me still, till a CW/TR will gett it away from me.
    If i die, i won't die during trash mobs, i'll die on last boss cos too many adds on me or smth.
    But for sure this changes if i use everytime astral seal instead, especially on the bridge skirmish or the karrundax instance. Man i hate those 2 dungeons!