test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patching while in game

xlocustaxlocusta Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello all,

So i was curious does this happen to anyone else. im trying to load into skirmishes/dungeons or PVP it says it's patching and stops. sits @ "X" files and 0 bytes/s, i have top kill the game and relaunch and re-try to log into the same stuff, in hopes that i can load in. is there a way to fix this when downloading the game in the first place?
Post edited by xlocusta on

Comments

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is another players post that should be stickied as it has a screen shot that shows how to fix your problems. The game tries to stream a lot and at high server loads or if you have a slow computer or bad connection you get dc'd. The full game requires about 1.5gb more in data to download.
    zafian wrote: »
    It's a patch-as-you go type thing. On the launcher in the options, there is a setting to turn it off and then it will patch everything before letting you play again.
    tFVg5j1.png
  • Options
    maestrosepicmaestrosepic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    This is another players post that should be stickied as it has a screen shot that shows how to fix your problems. The game tries to stream a lot and at high server loads or if you have a slow computer or bad connection you get dc'd. The full game requires about 1.5gb more in data to download.

That 1.5 GB patch is downloading at the same speed as the in game patches. I'm at a little over 120 MB after about 30 minutes. It should take a matter of a few minutes to download that much. I'm looking at around 5 hours to download the patch at the speed it's going. If I was downloading at a normal rate that patch should take about half an hour to download.
  • Options
    kyaaakyaaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sleep on it. it's the only way to avoid the horrible waiting.
  • Options
    xlocustaxlocusta Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks so much everyone this has really helped! have also passed this onto some friends of mine
  • Options
    yama99yama99 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Many thanks to Zafian and Charononus :) You have helped rectify the state of the Neverwinter for myself and a few of my friends!
  • Options
    smkymtndudesmkymtndude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump, I read about this on facebook and liked it so much I was gonna come here and post it. I just did it, and the additional D/L was 1.7 gb, which downloaded in like 15 mins on my connection...

Well worth it to not get that patching pause at loading screens.