test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My Brindle Horse, Not So Brindle

thepresident777thepresident777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Bought a Brindle Horse and got one with while mane, tan coat, and no brindle. It says Brindle Horse in the inventory. I saw someone with a truely brindle horse and black mane. How do I get a truely brindle horse?
Post edited by thepresident777 on

Comments

• Options
    kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no preview option, right? I too would like to see this
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dreamo1984dreamo1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What's a brindle?
  • Options
    kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    anubis136anubis136 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm pretty sure the sabino horse isn't sabino, either. It has white socks and a blaze on its head, but that's it. I don't think anyone would call that sabino.

Now that I think about it, the sabino horse is actually brindle. They may have mixed up the names.
  • Options
    tirwen1tirwen1 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Brindle can be any color. The one you have pictured is a bay colored brindle. I haven't seen the one in game, so I don't know if it has stripes (which is where the brindled part comes from). From Wikipedia -

Brindle: One of the rarest colors in horses, possibly linked to chimerism. Characteristics are any color with "zebra-like" stripes, but most common is a brown horse with faint yellowish markings.
    The brindling pattern found in horses could be described as vertical stripes that are found along the neck, back, hindquarters, and upper legs. The horse's head is usually a solid color and is not affected by the striping. The brindling pattern has no effect on dark points on horses. Some brindle-colored horses are more eye-catching than others.

With this rare coat pattern there is a base coat that covers the entire body of the horse. This base coat color can be any color. Recorded examples have been bay, chestnut, palomino, and dun. Earliest documented cases were said to have red dun or grulla as a base coat. Over top of the base color is either a lighter or darker color giving the appearance of stripes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tirwen1 wrote: »
    Brindle can be any color. The one you have pictured is a bay colored brindle. I haven't seen the one in game, so I don't know if it has stripes (which is where the brindled part comes from).

Yes his complaint is that his "brindle" horse has no brindle. The "sabino" horse has brindle.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Here they are ingame (I happen to have both).
    zorse.jpg

The "brindle" horse is on the left. Sabino is on the right.

As you can see, the brindle horse has roan, not brindle stripes. The sabino one has brindle. I don't think either of them can really be called sabino, so I guess it may not be a simple case of switched names as I suspected.
  • Options
    travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I believe you may be looking for the "Sabino Horse".

The Sabino Horse in-game is the brown horse with a black mane, and black markings on the body, almost like stripes. It looks like a real-life brindle horse to me, so I suspect whoever programmed in the basic mounts got these two mixed up.

edit: poster at end of page 1 beat me to it, and with pictures! :p

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • Options
    tirwen1tirwen1 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, the brindle horse has black stripe - the one on the left. A sabino horse has white patches, the one on the right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabino_horse Sabino

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Yarramen.jpg A chestnut brindle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roan_(horse) Roan
  • Options
    pepto2pepto2 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The horse the game calls 'brindle' is a roan.

The game's 'sabino' horse has dog-brindle (not really horse-brindle) markings.

The 'appaloosa' horse is truly an overo paint.

When will we get the (sabino) horse in THIS video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcvxJEmNXCw ?????!??
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tirwen1 wrote: »
    No, the brindle horse has black stripe - the one on the left. A sabino horse has white patches, the one on the right.

Who are you disagreeing with? That's exactly what has been said.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Great, now how are they going to fix this? I don't want to waste gold and inventory on 2 horses.
  • Options
    pepto2pepto2 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When you call a real animal by a name used in real life, you'd expect it to at least be CLOSE to the reality. Would you really care if your 'sabino' horse was correctly called 'brindle' a couple weeks later? It would look the same, I doubt you'd care much.

What if your daggers were called 'sporks'? You could see that it's obviously a knife, but you'd have the +5 spork of lifestealing (and wear your kilt and beanie.)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I did not get what was advertised. I got ripped off. Yeah, I care.
  • Options
    czarnademolkaczarnademolka Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ... Really? Do they going to fix it?

I'm horserider since I was 7, have no idea how they could name BRINDLE something that actually is palomino. (Also can be called roan as I see it has something that was supposed to be roan pattern. It's almost invisible though.) As someone said earlier brindle is pattern, not just color. It's about the stripes that can be in dark and bright color, but they have to be visible to call it brindle. The sabino horse in game is brindle sabino in the fact. However the markings on the legs should be higher, even stretch to the horse's belly.

Please someone say it's some terrible mistake and they gonna fix it. >_<
  • Options
    llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    you necro'd this thread from a month ago. The brindle is labeled correctly now.
  • Options
    czarnademolkaczarnademolka Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually it isn't. When I bought rental 'brindle' horse it still gave me palmino one. (one minute ago) Also they still didn't switched horses for people who reported the bug and feel deceived, cause they got not what they expected.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Has this problem been resolved yet?
  • Options
    efaiciaefaicia Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    Not sure what the "Appaloosa" is supposed to be, but it looks like no appaloosa I have ever seen. (blanket or spotted) It looks more like it was supposed to be a blanket but it ended up being splotches and then they put the color on backwards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    app2.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]