test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Patching XX Files" while loading any dungeon

vekoolvekool Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
When I enter any dungeon / skirmish / campaign solo dungeon for the first time, the loading screen shows "Patching files" and takes anywhere from 2 mins to 10 mins for any dungeon to load.

This happens only the first time I enter any area. But its very annoying. I had to wait 10 mins before entering a skirmish. From what I heard, it happens to many people who enter any dungeon for the first time, whether solo or in party.
Here is My ID in case u guys want a noob Inductor, who is AFK, offline or too busy too respond - most of the time.

NO ID - I QUIT CAUSE REAL LIFE HIT ME BACK. GL AND HF IN GAME:D

(WILL STALK THE FORUMS)
Post edited by vekool on

Comments

• Options
    kinch577kinch577 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This.

Sooooo frustrating and annoying - especially if you've waited half an hour in a queue, only to sit and wait... and in my case, it frequently crashes to desktop just when it finishes patching.

Ridiculous.
  • Options
    lenorian1lenorian1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have this problem too... we need help with this
  • Options
    hirichiric Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vekool wrote: »
    When I enter any dungeon / skirmish / campaign solo dungeon for the first time, the loading screen shows "Patching files" and takes anywhere from 2 mins to 10 mins for any dungeon to load.

This happens only the first time I enter any area. But its very annoying. I had to wait 10 mins before entering a skirmish. From what I heard, it happens to many people who enter any dungeon for the first time, whether solo or in party.

Well, that's not a bug, this works as intended.

The game's simply downloading the zone and caching it locally.

By doing it "as needed" new users aren't forced to download a zillion of GB for the first play, and the devs are free to update a zone and only force its update when the client really needs it.

This way quest updates can be done on the fly.
    Topics: ▬► [FOUNDRY] [BUGS] Reference List and Workarounds

Modules:▬► "Mind Over Matter" NW-DNASR4HTL
    (beta v0.9 - improving dialogues, fine tuning encounters, 99% bug free)
  • Options
    infernalvortexinfernalvortex Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why can't i make a thread? I have a problem with a quest.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Launcher Options > Disable on-demand patching.

Snatched from the Forum: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?40121-Advice-Disable-On-demand-Patching because i'm too lazy to write it in.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    crystark1crystark1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, that's just the most annoying thing i found in this game.
  • Options
    studlyamistudlyami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well i just loaded the spider dungeon and it took 50 mins (yes that is right) to finish patching. While patching i was at a constant 400 b/s while download was anywhere between 20b/s to 1kB/s, with an average of 60-100 b/s. Thats just not right. I know why they do it, but those speeds are not right.
  • Options
    danyboydanyboy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I`m downloading update for 3 hours. Still got 500mb out of 2GB. Really feel stupid.
  • Options
    spookeh88spookeh88 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just played a courier quest in Blackwater at night with 2 friends. During the last part of the quest I spent 10-15 minutes patching while my friends actually managed to complete the entire quest with me still patching. I'd love to see this during high end raids with large groups of people. You'd get to the final boss and only half the group is able to get in the fight. Epic
  • Options
    startedloststartedlost Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My game started doing this today... Everything that I load I get patching taking significantly longer than it was in the past. Now trying to load a solo dungeon and it says patching at 0 bytes/sec. Been sitting here 30 minutes now with this one.
  • Options
    danyboydanyboy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spookeh88 wrote: »
    I just played a courier quest in Blackwater at night with 2 friends. During the last part of the quest I spent 10-15 minutes patching while my friends actually managed to complete the entire quest with me still patching. I'd love to see this during high end raids with large groups of people. You'd get to the final boss and only half the group is able to get in the fight. Epic

Do solution above (disable on demand updates in launcher ) , restart client, you`ll pick up whole update. Afterwards, it will now patch before entering the area
  • Options
    startedloststartedlost Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Disabled and getting really slow download speeds in the updater. Probably why the in-game one is also going so slow. Seems to just be slow everywhere.