test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Getting a bit ridiculous..

artemys21artemys21 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
These queue's are freaking ridiculous...

I spend 10-15 mins waiting to get into a dungeon. When I get in my game takes 8 minutes to patch (where I crash more often than not during and yes, I know I can disable in-game patching.) . When I finally get through that, my group is 4 TR's and a GWF...

How hard is it to code the queue's so there is 1 tank 1 healer and 3 dps classes? That coding cannot be that difficult. There is maintenance literally 7 to 8 times per week on the game and every time you fix problem A you create problems B, C, and D.

I understand me not being able to queue for a dungeon and enjoy the game doesn't directly impact Zen sales but leaving the game entirely because it is a poor, lazy, and terribly managed project certainly will.

There are like two things to do at level 60, queue a dungeon or queue PvP... if your queue system is completely broken and terrible then what am I supposed to do at 60?
Post edited by artemys21 on

Comments

• kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The content servers supplying the patching are so insanely slow today anyway, I tried turning off patching in the launcher and got a couple of megs in ten minutes.

They're so slow that you AFK out while trying to load in to PvP matches. Amazing. I'd leave it downloading, but right now, it's so slow that it'd make no difference. I'm at a loading screen for a PvP match with a popup telling me that I've been removed for being AFK too long, and have been there for the last fifteen minutes. All I have to look forward to is waiting for the game to recover enough to kick me out :)
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    In the launcher, go to the options and turn off on-demand patching/downloading. The launcher will then download everything before you play. You won't have to download anything while you are in the game.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doesn't really solve the problem though as then he'll get in and be stuck waiting for others till they dc and give up today.
  • ideagorasideagoras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    We're gonna internet like it's 1995! You might want to reconsider your ISP.

As far as the queue system goes, if there aren't any Clerics or Guardians available it will put you together with whatever is available. At that point you have the option of either leaving, or try to make it work. Having the option is better than no option at all.

Like with any other game, if no one decides to roll a healer, or to a less extent in this game, a tank, expect queues to be long, and also in this case, sub-optimal.
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ideagoras wrote: »
    We're gonna internet like it's 1995! You might want to reconsider your ISP.

As far as the queue system goes, if there aren't any Clerics or Guardians available it will put you together with whatever is available. At that point you have the option of either leaving, or try to make it work. Having the option is better than no option at all.

Like with any other game, if no one decides to roll a healer, or to a less extent in this game, a tank, expect queues to be long, and also in this case, sub-optimal.

It's entirely possible that it's the players, but I've had no issues with on demand patching til today. Given this is beta, my first instinct is to look at Cryptic lol.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    artemys21 wrote: »
    There is maintenance literally 7 to 8 times per week on the game and every time you fix problem A you create problems B, C, and D.

I'm not sure that word "literally" means what you think it means.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    It's entirely possible that it's the players, but I've had no issues with on demand patching til today. Given this is beta, my first instinct is to look at Cryptic lol.

The problem is the concept, it works well on low to medium server load days, but when you have high server load it slows to a snails pace due to all the people hitting the server for the data.
  • artemys21artemys21 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    I'm not sure that word "literally" means what you think it means.

I'm not sure you understand how many times the game has gone down for maintenance. Hope you're enjoying your $200 deposit on a busted game, Oh wonderful "Hero of the North".

As far as it being my ISP, I thought that possibility as well but it is not just me experiencing this. As far as the queue's go, I'm fine with a long queue to have a legit group rather than a 10 min queue to get 4 TR's and a GWF. Even If i wanted to try to run that dungeon you think there is any chance you are getting all 5 people to do that? Dream on.
  • cidergutzcidergutz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've given up for today...bloody ridiculous this day and age how slow it taking to get patched!! I'm on 60meg Cable ..shouldn't be a problem !!
    Drink Up Ye Cider ! ARRR ! !
  • muceasmuceas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Both the pregame and ingame patching are pretty slow.

C'mon guys, my toaster is faster than your servers, do something about it!!!

With the money you get from 500 spider-riding-visa-charging-spoiled-to-the-bone kids you can buy yourself a full room of new racks that can carry the whole thing for years to come.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How hard is it to code the queue's so there is 1 tank 1 healer and 3 dps classes? That coding cannot be that difficult.

It's not hard, but this isn't a game where that is needed. If people learned to adapt and learn new things, they could beat every boss just fine. I've seen it, it's part of the reason for the adds with bosses and companions.
  • chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, I STILL can't make my own posts. thanks PW! However, I have an urgent issue that kinda just cropped up today

NEW METHOD FOR TROLLING!

To get out of an area, other than Protector's Enclave, one must click on a sparkly door and select the new area. However, when you are NOT in protector's enclave, only ONE person can use the door at a time. What this means is that people are now clickin on the door and going afk, preventing anyone else from using teh door, essentially trapping everyone else inside. This somehow does not invoke the AFK timer and they can do this all day.

Work-around.

Switch to another instance and then use the door. However, I have noticed this a fair bit of late.

PW please fix.
  • artemys21artemys21 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    It's not hard, but this isn't a game where that is needed. If people learned to adapt and learn new things, they could beat every boss just fine. I've seen it, it's part of the reason for the adds with bosses and companions.

I actually wholeheartedly agree with you on this Tf, problem is everyone is so focused on the classic style of MMOs that morons leave dungeons before attacking one mob if the group makeup doesnt match what they feel is appropriate.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure you understand how many times the game has gone down for maintenance. Hope you're enjoying your $200 deposit on a busted game, Oh wonderful "Hero of the North".

Considering I've been playing it every day yes I think I "understand how many times the game has gone down for maintenance". It surely hasn't been once a day like you claim. And yes I am enjoying my time in the game thanks for your concern. If you're not than that's your own problem. Carry on.
  • mooglebmoogleb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    It surely hasn't been once a day like you claim.

Technically correct, but in the last week it was down 6 times in total for planned maintenance and emergency maintenance. That is an awful lot of downtime and a few of them occurred during what would be considered peak playing time.

The game is quite good, but it has some real glaring flaws that are hindering players. I'd much rather see them resolve things like the queuing problem mentioned, or the behind the scenes patching, or the exploits before they concern themselves with additional content or frivolous things like dye packs. Hell, let me buy a power respec with any of the 98 in game currencies even.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I never have a problem with my queues.

But then, I'm playing a guardian fighter. 30-second queues, anyone?

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • nuratarnuratar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    I never have a problem with my queues.

But then, I'm playing a guardian fighter. 30-second queues, anyone?

Quite amusing, mate.
    I'm a DC, playing in peak hours and in all the time I played, I got ONE less then 15 minute queue.
    So much for the "there are no clerics in this game".

And the patching problems yesterday where just bloody pathetic for a company, that runs several other games and is supposed to have experience in MMOs.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nuratar wrote: »
    And the patching problems yesterday where just bloody pathetic for a company, that runs several other games and is supposed to have experience in MMOs.

I also have no patching problems as I've disabled on demand patching in the game launcher and have downloaded the whole game to my system. Try it. Fire up the launcher. Go to options. Near the bottom it's going to have a little box that you can check off that says "Disable On Demand Patcher".

Close launcher after applying and then wait about five minutes. Fire it back up and wait for the (roughly) 2.2 gig download of the rest of the game. Problem solved.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I stopped doing these dungeons for now, i missed most of them while levelling up because i out leveled them too quick but mostly because the ques never ever popped, why dont they just make them end game material, all of them.
  • benthalackbenthalack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had the same issue with my DC. To the point where I couldn't get a dungeon queue to pop in over an hour. If I log over to my CW I will be in a group in no time. Without a cleric of course...
  • jakula1jakula1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just find it annoying not being able to refill groups, or get back into a group after being disconnected. I was disconnected last night halfway through a dungeon with a mate and once I managed to log back in I was placed in my previous zone I had been questing in with no way to get invited back.
  • davan9kdavan9k Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    i agree. the que system is a big fun killer. dungeon delves event anyone ? wasted the whole hour without getting a balanced party (no cleric at all). day by day. the only content i got atm is pvp.
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - never(exploitfree)winter