test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GF and filling your roll within a group!

yivizosoyivizoso Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Hey everyone, thought I'd give some insight on what I've found with GF since I've hit 60.

I've been running traditional style groups with my guild since I've hit 60, GF DC CW TR GWF, GF DC CW CW TR, ect. We have all t2s except dread vaults, and first 3 in CN down with little to no problems. From the looks of it we'll have dread vaults down this evening, and hopefull CN by the end of the weekend. IMO I find these groups more exciting than the dual cleric faceroll. We're able to fit in x4 dungeons during a delve if we're spamming pirate, so speed seems fine.

Generally speaking we'll have the TR, GWF, CW on boss; while cleric and I handle the adds, CW will "tab" over and toss an arcane singularity on adds for me and go back to boss. If you work with your CW AoE threat is amazing; As he puts the gravity ball in the air use enforced threat while everything is being pulled together, 3-4 stabs while they are grouped up in the air, frontline surge when they hit the ground, followed by daily, cleave snd repeate.

Depending on the dungeon (how much ranged trash) you should be neck and neck on the damage charts with a utility CW and GWF of similar gear. Threat on trash is of little concern as the majority of it doesn't hit hard and the damage mitigation everyone receives from the cleric circles is obscene. But, I'll Start pulls with a high threat rotation using. lunging strike, enforced threat, frontline surge, daily, cleave, repeat. After initial rotation if grouped correctly trash will be on you or soon dead and it won't matter. I usually never use tab mark on trash as I believe it's a wasted animation lock on aoe packs. From what I've seen marks from enforecdd threat, with enhanced mark is plenty. Although tab mark is amazing for pulling from long distances (ie splitting up giants in kurru, ect).

I use Envy's conquer spec. Currently sitting at 14.3k GS. Gear wise, 3/4 timeless pieces and icefall arms. (12 kurru delves without seeing gloves ;;) lizard scimitar, T1 archon shield(18 AC wat??) and power crit recovery jewelry. Azure for enhancements (Crit/Def). 25% crit unbuffed is a nice number to shoot for (cat companion a must have!) I'm excited to see damage increases with 4 set timeless.. Once you close in on 25-30% crit chance I'd recommend saving up for vorpal weapon enchant, lesser vorpal is a bit underwhelming, but t2 vorpal goes to 25% crit severity, and I'm not sure about greater hoping its 50% :D, but working on it!

If you're on Mindflayer and looking for some advice on powers/passives/feats/gearing/ect I'd be glad to help! I'd love to get rid of this close-minded GF is useless derpa derr 2 cleric onry derr mindset ^^

Thanks,
Yivi@yivizoso
Post edited by yivizoso on

Comments

• Options
    sadmummysadmummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the info, I will hit 60 soon and appreciate the input
  • Options
    jcfisher3rdjcfisher3rd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Enforced threat only hits 5, frontline surge only hits 3, better to just use threatening rush and cleave on a group. Vorpal enchantments are bugged.
  • Options
    mordrekmordrek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the info. I'll probably need a respec, since I went all the way in the defensive spec. And that one doesn't seems too viable as of now. Damage seems to be better than mitigation for some battles.

But yes, I also think the GF can do the job if they're well played. Like any other class!
    My Foundry Campain
    NWS-DA9D7G6NM

The White Herald

Act 1 : The Stolen Artefact
    Act 2 : Chasing the Herald
  • Options
    novronnovron Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Enforced threat only hits 5, frontline surge only hits 3, better to just use threatening rush and cleave on a group. Vorpal enchantments are bugged.

Surge hits more than three. It should hit everything touching the yellow cone when you call it up.
  • Options
    ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    novron wrote: »
    Surge hits more than three. It should hit everything touching the yellow cone when you call it up.

Pretty sure it's 5 only.
  • Options
    lymprechtlymprecht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    novron wrote: »

Nope, hits three every time.
  • Options
    kordavoxkordavox Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I appreciate your post OP. May I ask what passives and what dailies you use? Personally I use enhanced mark and combat superiority, but the extra 15% guard from Shield Talent is awfully tempting. I feel like Terrifying impact is necessary, but my other slot I rotate between Supremacy of Steel and Villian's menace.
  • Options
    mycillemycille Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    hello, i have a few questions :

Do you always use threatening rush as daily (with cleave) or do you change sometimes for tide of iron?

Do you think into the fray is a good encounter to use and do you use it?

thx
  • Options
    penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when in a party i always have knights valor, enforced threat, and into the fray. I just spam Threatening rush everywhere. Knights Valor literally fills up your AP if you use it with into the fray (meaning you can cast supremacy of steel or terrifying impact every 12s). Into the fray grants everyone 2k-3k temp hp (didnt really check yet, thats the bonus for me at least) action point gain increase and movespeed buff. I find knights valor very important when tanking especially when the cleric gets mobbed on or if i lose aggro for some reason- when the party gets damaged, you take half of it then you generate threat based on the damage you soak, meaning they all come back to you eventually. Plus I have 33k hp currently so i can soak great damage for my party.

str focus 3/3
    tough 3/3
    armor 3/3
    threat 3/3
    5/5 ubiquitous
    5/5 distracting shield
    1/5 resurgence
    5/5 armor of bahamut
    5/5 shield spec
    5/5 deflect
    5/5 shield master
    5/5 knights valor and enforced threat buff
    1/1 the one at the end i forgot the name
    5/5 enocunter

currently on a 9k GS with the full pvp set, necro belt and 2 burning light rings. All i can say is that my party loves me. I have my eyes on that Grand Regent set.

P.S. close to being useless in pvp (killing wise), but is very strong 1on1 esp if you have a greater plaguefire enchantment (FL surge, Bull, Knee or Griffon). Is also good at capturing points behind the enemy lines because of surge and bull (esp if you have a VR mount) or defending a point with a cleric.
  • Options
    alphretalphret Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    filling your role as a GF:

log on...

gear up...

que.....

que pops.......

IMMEDIATELY KICKED FROM GROUP FOR NOT BEING A CLERIC WIZARD OR ROGUE.......

despite being good at your class even though they are broken and having more gear score then any1 in the group O.o

stand in city wondering just how many weeks it will be till cryptic fix tanks.

join a guild group if they are willing to drag you along, coz even if your the best tank in the universe...they dont need you.

the end.

hope this guide helps you guys :P
  • Options
    gigplaygigplay Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alphret wrote: »

join a guild group if they are willing to drag you along, coz even if your the best tank in the universe...they dont need you.

This is the truth, and the key word here is "NEED." No offense OP, but it just seems like your guild was nice enough to bring you along which is an awesome thing, don't get me wrong. The fact of the matter is any group can replace a GF with another cw or rogue, or better yet another cleric for way more efficiency in clear time.