test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STOP EXPLOITING, Please.

derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
So... you want people to not exploit bosses, but then go on to list every boss exploit you know of. How exactly is that helping your situation, since you probably just informed several people that didn't know about these prior to reading the thread?
Post edited by derressh on

Comments

• demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yup I thought about that, but of 8 groups I pugged today all 8 Exploited every t2 boss, I think the cats out of the bag and not only are all these exploits easy to find on google you can also find you-tube Video's of ppl doing it.

I am hoping that one person will join a pug and when they see what's being done will leave. Also hoping by posting a list a dev will remove this thread and look into it. Bug reports and In-game reporting/support ticket's don't get answered. The amount of times i've gotten the wer'e sorry we have had database issues and have lost tickets, please re-submit if its still an issue...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • feargxfeargx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Stating exploits is not allowed.

EDIT: Don't PUG, find better players who suit your taste.
    Profile name / Ingame handle: @FearGXxD
    Shard: Mindflayer
    Characters: Grim, Rune, Holy, Ruin - If the name isn't the @FearGXxD handle, it's not me! =)
  • prowesssssprowesssss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    didn't realize you were a developer for NW, OP... You apparently know how the game is intended to be played?

Perhaps you don't understand what a beta tester does... We're all working for free, to find and exploit as many bugs as possible, and hopefully a few of us write up reports on how the bugs were encountered and how to replicate them...

If you've ever played pen and paper DnD, you'd know that there are unscripted ways of defeating bosses.. If a DM intends you to kill a boss with pure combat and dice rolls, he simply does not allow you to defeat the boss any other way.. The DM here is allowing us to kill a boss through means you would consider exploitative, well, that doesn't make sense because the DM is allowing it to happen.
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's against the rules to detail exploits. Simple solution to your problems.. Play with guildies or friends, do not pug.
  • arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So long as exploits, cheap tactics, or game mechanic abuses exists in the game by developers people will continue to do them.

It's really that simple.

The only way to avoid them is to find a group who isn't willing to do them. You can pretty much presume every PUG is just out for the easiest route to gear especially when you have such a terrible company like Cryptic who doesn't fix these things for weeks (if ever).
    nwsignature.jpg
  • demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    prowesssss wrote: »
    didn't realize you were a developer for NW, OP... You apparently know how the game is intended to be played?

Perhaps you don't understand what a beta tester does... We're all working for free, to find and exploit as many bugs as possible, and hopefully a few of us write up reports on how the bugs were encountered and how to replicate them...

If you've ever played pen and paper DnD, you'd know that there are unscripted ways of defeating bosses.. If a DM intends you to kill a boss with pure combat and dice rolls, he simply does not allow you to defeat the boss any other way.. The DM here is allowing us to kill a boss through means you would consider exploitative, well, that doesn't make sense because the DM is allowing it to happen.

Neverwinter is in beta in name only, no wipes = release if it was still in beta they wouldn't be banning people for exploiting they would be rewarding them.

Don't have to be a Dev to know how a mechanic is supposed to work, this game is very predictable.

So your saying making a boss kill's itself is working as intended? I am complaining about that fact that most group's will only exploit a boss heaven forbid that you should actually fight him. Bugging a boss once to see what works /don't care, farming the boss like that for the next few weeks = exploit, you know its not working as intended.

Played from 1st ed (yay housecats) till 4.5 DND (DM moved away /sad)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So pulling bosses away from other mobs is exploiting?
    Ok...
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited May 2013
    SO you don't have to deal with any add's Yea. it's minor and most likely its working as intended but try fighting them in location and you will see, add's are this games main difficulty ramp you make the boss 10x easier with no add's. Maybe exploit is the wrong word for kiting them back so adds dont aggro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • prowesssssprowesssss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If a boss walks off the edge or you can knock her off.. If you're able to pull a boss away from his minions... This certainly would appear to be working as intended.
  • floydrosefloydrose Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    So pulling bosses away from other mobs is exploiting?
    Ok...

My questions also. That sounds like strategy to me.

This is D&D, right? In D&D, 'defeating' an encounter doesn't necessarily mean killing everything. It means using what you have to get to your goal. Hack and slash, like OP desires, is the lowest form of D&D. If it means pulling a boss, pull a boss. If it means using a technical glitch, then yeah, that's exploiting. But not killing everything, or killing everything 'incorrectly' does not equal exploitation.
    My eyes are small but they have seen the beauty of enormous things.
  • mohannmohann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop exploiting, glitching and trying to Ezy-mode everything.

That's the human nature of most MMORPG players. If the devs and publisher are so brainless to allow a half-finished product full of bugs and exploits to go live just to get as much $ as possible... well, I find this game pathetic.
  • dietaryfiber111dietaryfiber111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    derressh wrote: »
    So... you want people to not exploit bosses, but then go on to list every boss exploit you know of. How exactly is that helping your situation, since you probably just informed several people that didn't know about these prior to reading the thread?

Most people don't have common sense. Remember how the bug that allowed certain people to do an astronomical amount of damage was exposed publicly by a thread in the general forums; that happened not just once but twice, which later tanked the economy.

So thanks OP, if it weren't for people like you, the community would not have the headstart on bugs before they get fixed.
  • spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People won't stop exploiting. As people are, if there is an easier way to do things they are gonna do it.
    NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
    ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
    "You know you wanna fondle my dragons."
  • mourilssmourilss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spikespire wrote: »
    People won't stop exploiting. As people are, if there is an easier way to do things they are gonna do it.

^this

why do i exploit?

because the game allows it, pretty simple
  • rayuki666rayuki666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    most of the time its not even exploiting, its game design. do you class knocking mobs off into lava etc exploiting? as thats how most enounters have to be dealt with because of the poor way they design encounters.

DEVS:

"how do we make this dungeon harder??", oh i know, lets just add thousands of adds!"