test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Leveling a Companion once 60?

viyroeviyroe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Pretty much the title.

Any suggestions on how to level a companion once ur 60 and have 0 quests left?

Foundry is the only thing I can think of - but which one?

Doing whispering winds from start to finish I got my companion from 1-17. Grinding mobs doesn't really work - as the amount of killing vs the xp is bleh.
Post edited by viyroe on

Comments

• Options
    viyroeviyroe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^_^ 10 chars
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Nothin? :(
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Always have the pet you want to level out when you invoke.
    Foundries.
    Daily skirms cos of number of mobs in short time.

Also way I understand it most quests are actually repeatable for a smaller amount of exp than the original so if you know someone who has quests still live you could try making party with them and have them share quests with you. Don't think it works for all quests but it does for at least some.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    Always have the pet you want to level out when you invoke.
    Foundries.
    Daily skirms cos of number of mobs in short time.

Pay 30 bucks.
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Pay or grind levels out.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    Pay 30 bucks.
    Pay or grind levels out.

This is the most illogical statement i've seen in a while, and is so far from productive, it's not even funny. Nothing in the shop or in game will level anything. Even the cash shop ones start at level 1, and you have to level them just like others. There is no "level up companion" boost in the store i've seen. Whenever they can be unbound, i'm sure though that people will level them up and put them up on the AH so people can buy max level companions.

Pretty much just do the dailies, find four you like, the Old Jerry ones are decent, fast, and fun. I'm sure people used the xp exploits before they got stopped, but they level fast enough just having them out in regular foundries. Since i've done all the quests lines in game, it's been the best way. When they are lower level it goes fast, but as before it takes a while to get the higher levels. Except for the ioun stones or cat, i wouldn't advise taking them into dungeons to get xp, they die so fast in those, and the xp for them isn't that great.
  • Options
    nikmal2013nikmal2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    viyroe wrote: »
    Pretty much the title.

Any suggestions on how to level a companion once ur 60 and have 0 quests left?

Doing whispering winds from start to finish I got my companion from 1-17. Grinding mobs doesn't really work - as the amount of killing vs the xp is bleh.
    There are many many Foundries, not to mention you can make your own as well. So no need to level in just one of them.
  • Options
    bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    leadership
    26.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    This is the most illogical statement i've seen in a while, and is so far from productive, it's not even funny. Nothing in the shop or in game will level anything. Even the cash shop ones start at level 1, and you have to level them just like others. There is no "level up companion" boost in the store i've seen. Whenever they can be unbound, i'm sure though that people will level them up and put them up on the AH so people can buy max level companions.

Pretty much just do the dailies, find four you like, the Old Jerry ones are decent, fast, and fun. I'm sure people used the xp exploits before they got stopped, but they level fast enough just having them out in regular foundries. Since i've done all the quests lines in game, it's been the best way. When they are lower level it goes fast, but as before it takes a while to get the higher levels. Except for the ioun stones or cat, i wouldn't advise taking them into dungeons to get xp, they die so fast in those, and the xp for them isn't that great.

Ioun is untargetable.
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »

I have runestones that have dropped and I also have bought them that I can add to companions to help make the XP gained increase. So when I say PAY and or GRIND the levels that's exactly what you will have to do. Before calling things illogical maybe you should know what statements you're making.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    When you say "pay" the context its written in is $$$ (zen).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I payed for them with AD that I purchased with ZEN omg.... split a few more hairs.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Overreacting bud chill lol. He's saying the context you said it in was that you "paid" ($$). This is the context you wrote it in.

Anywhos BACK ON TOPIC! :)

So pretty much grinding yay!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    viyroe wrote: »
    Overreacting bud chill lol. He's saying the context you said it in was that you "paid" ($$). This is the context you wrote it in.

Anywhos BACK ON TOPIC! :)

So pretty much grinding yay!
    In the long run yea I did pay $$$... "___"
  • Options
    smackzor123smackzor123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whispering caverns mob farm
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think the xp caps in foundry work for companions do they?

If not you could do the aoe maps lol.
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Maybe I'm missing something but, I'm level 60 and still have enough quests to level a second companion (my cleric is level 14 and will be 15 soon). Or do you have the companions that max at level 30? Or did you power level you char?
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you still gain exp for kills and invoke/Leadership. you can also run any dungeon, do the dailies, etc.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have them out when you do Professions or Evoke. You can also run Foundry quests.
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your actually meant to be able buy fully leveled companions on the AH.
    However it's bugged atm and doesnt let you unbind them.

And yea you can 100% pay your way to 60, and level every companion too, quite easy:
    1. Buy lots of zen
    2. Leadership grants xp - zen exchange to get lots of diamonds, buy resource/asset on AH
    3. Start recipes - rush via diamonds.

Probably only take ~10min of clicking if your leaderhsips already high lvl, and ~$50-100 bucks for a companion 1 to 30. Around 30-40min of clicking if your leadership is low.

How to non-pay to win:
    Find a friend who hasn't completed all quests, help him complete them and have him share them along the way.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)