test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

patch.. to patch more in game???

disneffadisneffa Member Posts: 36
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
not this biggest problem im hopeing its just cause its my first time in this dungeon but than again this is the first time its happen, but im trying to get in this dungeon and ive been in loading screen patching all these files for about 5 minutes now, shouldnt this already be patched in? im not exactly sure how it all works but this doesnt seem right, and ik its not my computer cause i just droped about 1200$ building my gaming pc about 4 months ago it runs like a champ soo yeah wtf patch to patch more? mind boggled.
Post edited by disneffa on

Comments

• wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    disneffa wrote: »
    not this biggest problem im hopeing its just cause its my first time in this dungeon but than again this is the first time its happen, but im trying to get in this dungeon and ive been in loading screen patching all these files for about 5 minutes now, shouldnt this already be patched in? im not exactly sure how it all works but this doesnt seem right, and ik its not my computer cause i just droped about 1200$ building my gaming pc about 4 months ago it runs like a champ soo yeah wtf patch to patch more? mind boggled.

theyre patching in new lockboxes.
  • zafianzafian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a patch-as-you go type thing. On the launcher in the options, there is a setting to turn it off and then it will patch everything before letting you play again.
    tFVg5j1.png
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zafian wrote: »
    It's a patch-as-you go type thing. On the launcher in the options, there is a setting to turn it off and then it will patch everything before letting you play again.

Yes, this. Fire up the launcher, click Options, disable "patching on demand" or something like that .... you'll have to entirely patch the next time you log in, but you won't have to patch while zoning any more.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Go to the Launcher click options up on the top. Click to disable on demand patching. You'll download the full game rather than trying to stream new maps.
  • simyazzisimyazzi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its open beta so id assume there will be allot of patching and as the game goes open I would assume there would also be patching then if not as often. Im also not sure how the game updates my game files but it may be that every time you go to a new location for the first time the server may be updating your local game files and would be what your seeing as well. Like i said Im not sure about that but I have seen this before with other games.
    Just a thought.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He's talking about how the game tries to stream content. It's buggy, slow, and can be disabled.
  • disneffadisneffa Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    well it just like got stuck in loading screen so i just closed and reopen lets hope things are back to normal
  • warblackwarblack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    good to know, thanks!!!
  • beringtomberingtom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    zafian wrote: »
    tFVg5j1.png

This should be on the **** frontpage, with a complete corner to corner banner!
    thanks for upping my gaming experience ^^