test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Might there come a time when players can design their own PvP maps and raid maps?

saeleth7saeleth7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Title says it all, I think it would be awesome if we could have player generated PvP content and raids. It would really add a unique flavor to the game imo :)
Post edited by saeleth7 on

Comments

• saeleth7saeleth7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bump!

/10char
  • sejo77sejo77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually it is a pretty good idea or at least the PvP part,to design our own PvP maps in the foundry.It sounds awesome :).
    Battle in the remake of the Colosseum or fight in arenas where you can place enemy monsters and not just play against each other but in the same time you have to fight against hordes of zombies :D.
    On the other hand the raid part...idk.It doesn't seems viable for me sorry.Not the becasue it wouldn't be fun to create a raid and playing on that level but because you can't set the loot distribution in the foundry quests.This means even if you create a super fun/hard raid at the end there would be no rewards for people.If they allow players to set what should be the raid boss drop or the end chest it would be easily exploitable.The only way it would be possible if developers actually check the raid type foundry quests before they go online, and they would be the ones who set what loot should be drop from that raid according to its difficulty.
    Unfortunately to pull this out it would need tremendous amount of manpower which is i don't have to mention impossible.
    So the PvP part is definietly a good idea (the raid too but because of the limitations i don't see any future of it for now).Can't wait to see this PvP map creation in use,fingers crossed and pray that someone from the staff will read this and forwrd it to the developer team :).
  • evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE-hFfJY5SY

so in that video I think they mention player made raids as something they are looking into. I intended to find the location in the video but it seems youtube doesn't want to cooperate