test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are Dungeon Instances even worth doing anymore?

kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I love the Dungeon Instances in Neverwinter Online. They are long and challenging to do. Boss need to be work on though since all Boss seam to the have pattern where they would <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out a bunch of Add from time to time, other then that they are really isn't that much of a challenging at all. But that's not the point, the point is why make the drop so pathetic? They would drop 1 blue and a seal. And often time that blue is not even for your class. I even fought the same boss and instance 4 times and saw him always drop the same gear for one class. So I guess each boss only drop that same one single item over and over again.

By the time you get the drop, you out level it or save up diamond to buy a better one. I feel like they put a lot of work into the Dungeon and people only does it once for Quest and never do it anymore. Kinda disappointed by it, because other then Instance there are Foundry and only a few only stand out to be really good.

Boss need to drop better and more item to make Dungeon Instances worth doing.
Post edited by kasuhari on

Comments

• Options
    diggotdiggot Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I totally agree to this. I've ran every instance up to MDD now, and as a cleric, i haven't
    had ONE item drop that was an upgrade worth slotting, just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> i would vendor for a few silver.

But overall i am disappointed in the variety of skins the armor uses. I am 35 now and my Cleric has looked
    exactly the same since low 20's, it's like through the entire game, we change looks 3 times, and for
    an "mmo", that is unacceptable.

But where this game fails most, imo, is that its an RPG but without the RPG elements.
    Just as an example, all clerics runs around with the SAME SKILLS looking exactly the same,
    a gameplay much like the failed Dungeon Siege-III which crashed and burned because it
    went from being awesome DS1 & 2, so the failed DS3.

But back on track... Loot in dungeons feels UNREWARDING and a waste of time trying to access
    because they have ZERO impact on your character.
  • Options
    badatmathbadatmath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Foundry is better..

Oh wait.. its not.
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Depends.

As a CW some seem an absolute bust while others assuming some greedy ***** doesn't roll need that simply plans on selling the item is worthy running.

Loot tables seem pretty sparse from what I have seen so would imagine it won't be long before someone works out a table for people to link to. There are some right now that pending on your class seem worthless on running unless your goal is AD.
  • Options
    therealalientherealalien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    You know what I hate. The same item dropping from a boss 4 times in a row.
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You know what I hate. The same item dropping from a boss 4 times in a row.

Yeah the loot table least one some bosses are fairly predictable to a level I have rarely seen in an mmo. Pretty weak.

Least it gives you that much more chance on getting the item considering their even weaker need/greed system. Only so many times you can lose out to some d-bag wanting to sell the item you could use on the AH...lol...maybe that is their reasoning.
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The loot system is poor and for all the work you put into dungeons. It does make you question if it's really worth it.

Every MMO has whining and crying about need, greed, pass rolling. No matter what you do someone is gonna cry that you rolled wrong. I've stopped caring...
  • Options
    diggotdiggot Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Currently it feels kinda pointless to even login, considering that even IF something were to drop,
    its a 99% chance some greedy player will /need on "my" item just to sell it.
    And even that being said, most drops from dungeon-bosses are so bad anyway,
    that they don't make much differense in how your character performs compared to
    the previous item you had.

Struggeling for 1 hour in a dungeon for an item that increases you crit-chance by
    0.1% isn't my idea of an upgrade.
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Noobs will be noobs.

t2 set armors drop in dungeons, is it worth it? Sure seeing as how majority of those set pieces sell for a few mill..

Rofl..

Heres a hint, LEARN 2 PLAY and do HARD dungeons while DD is up.

That is all.
  • Options
    lupita170lupita170 Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Nothing is really worth doing anymore except for Castle Never for me. I'm at 11.5k and all i really need is MH/OH for cw from castle never, and I'm sure that my 5 man group will have dracolich on farm within the week.

Perfect World really needs to get those new classes and new content out quickly.
  • Options
    abradaxabradax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    As a cleric, no they aren't.
    Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
    Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
    Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit
  • Options
    zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    diggot wrote: »
    Currently it feels kinda pointless to even login, considering that even IF something were to drop,
    its a 99% chance some greedy player will /need on "my" item just to sell it.
    And even that being said, most drops from dungeon-bosses are so bad anyway,
    that they don't make much differense in how your character performs compared to
    the previous item you had.

Struggeling for 1 hour in a dungeon for an item that increases you crit-chance by
    0.1% isn't my idea of an upgrade.

Maybe a good idea whould be to get into a guild then.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do dungeons for the fun of it. If I did them for loot, I'd probably not be playing this game any more.

However, because I do them for fun, I'm not going to try to repeatedly grind them as I'm leveling up. One & done. I'll worry about farm status if/when I get to level 60 ... MMOs aren't supposed to be Instance Grind Hell until level cap anyway.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I do it for the fun of it, the dungeons or whatever content in NWO. This isn't a loot game imo, at least while leveling, perhaps end game is. It doesn't make a huge difference either way on the way up, your skill makes much more a dif.

I am playing this along side of coop Borderlands 2, it makes me dream of why there is such a gap between coop and mmo's. The loot is nearly if not perfect in BL2. Why? Loot that makes you change your game consistently throughout, you can't ask for more and if you did, BL2 gives you more still.

Instead of using the same skill over and over forever, in BL2 you go through different periods. The period where you have one awesome gun, there you milk it for everything it's worth. Then it peters out, then you have 4 guns none special, so gameplay is a bit harder for a while, you cycle accordingly to situation. Sometimes the gameplay is easy, sometimes it's perfectly balanced, sometimes it's hard. Sometimes you are shotgunning it, sometimes you are sniping. It moves in an out of all these regularly. You have a ton of loot choices that matter and alter play style. Is there anything more one could ask for loot? Oh yeah, you could ask for loot with unique names and looks.... well BL2 has that to.

BL2 then has 4 other catergories of loot that can play a fair role in how it all plays out.

NWO is extremely conservative in what they give you, just barely bouncing up any and all stats. You can literally skip many many levels of armor and not need to sweat it a bit. There is nothing that ever just pops out and goes WOW! So we have this huge mmo, and everyone is lassoed into IROC type numbers... meaning all the same. It is a little sad and yet another reason I like coop vs mmo, I don't have to be in balance with the entire player base and listen to endless back and forth issues.

That said, I find the fun in which it does give and have a good time with that.

And a roger that to the man above me... and since I do them for fun, I don't grind. But then in NWO while your leveling up you often out level a dungeon really fast and never had a chance to do it once or even go back.

Question: Does this game have a auto-delay in getting into a dungeon? It seems no matter class or level, it's always about a 30-45 minute wait per dungeon? You would think sometimes you'd pop right in, doing the math and laws of probability checks. But nope, 30-45, it is as if it is some type of dungeon running control system is in place so you don't abuse dungeons. But as said, even if I did run it over and over non-stop, the loot for them isn't omg amazing. Strange.
  • Options
    caffinatedonecaffinatedone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Question: Does this game have a auto-delay in getting into a dungeon? It seems no matter class or level, it's always about a 30-45 minute wait per dungeon? You would think sometimes you'd pop right in, doing the math and laws of probability checks. But nope, 30-45, it is as if it is some type of dungeon running control system is in place so you don't abuse dungeons. But as said, even if I did run it over and over non-stop, the loot for them isn't omg amazing. Strange.

I don't think so. I queued last night and it took about 5 minutes (as a TR even). Now it seems that dungeon instancing was a bit broken last night as well (people crashing when trying to join and the like), so it might have been atypical.