test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How is Glory gain calculated in PvP?

blazingfistblazingfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PvE Discussion
Sometimes I get 80, sometimes 200, sometimes 300. It doesn't seem to be tied to kills, so...defending a base? Capturing a base? I'm kind of confused about it.

Wiki isn't helpful at all (as usual) so maybe someone knows?
Post edited by blazingfist on

Comments

• Options
    silky1979silky1979 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    also would love to know
  • Options
    okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I also noticed this. Sometimes I am at the top of the score table and still got some rubbish glory... Never got close to 1000 even as a top winner lol.
  • Options
    uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    The only thing I can say is, that if you try to focus on healing, buffing and CCing you get practically no glory. So the best way to get glory is to AoE untill you die. Then respawn, AoE and die again...
  • Options
    blackphoenixbgblackphoenixbg Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep, the glory gain is made with damage dealers in mind, not clerics -.-
  • Options
    deafjerzydeafjerzy Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is this possible if you lose the team but you get earn more glory than a team defeat you? Just curious i am asking now...
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also noticed this. Sometimes I am at the top of the score table and still got some rubbish glory... Never got close to 1000 even as a top winner lol.

Because you can't? The most glory you can get is around 350 if you're top rank and it's during the Arena PVP bonus.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So no one knows at all? That's a shame...wiki needs to be updated soon! :(
  • Options
    uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    So no one knows at all? That's a shame...wiki needs to be updated soon! :(

What we wanted to say is, we dont think there is any logic behind.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well, there have got to be equations and whatnot governing it, just needs to be found, that's all.
  • Options
    thegodporingthegodporing Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    Because you can't? The most glory you can get is around 350 if you're top rank and it's during the Arena PVP bonus.

Nah. I was getting about 550+ during the PvP event on my Control Wizard when I first hit 60.
    That was a few weeks ago so it may have changed since then but just sayin'
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Win - get lots
    Lose - get little
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I've gotten quite a lot while winning and not a lot while losing before, so obviously something else is part of the equation.
  • Options
    thewhisperedthewhispered Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The max that i have gotten is 750. At level 60 OBV, also what it says when you finish the match isn't always what you get, have a look at your tab where you can view what items you get, should be under system, a few days ago i got 48 glory but when i check the chat tab it said i got 480.
  • Options
    joukuoj32joukuoj32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    after match end check chat window(all combat glory gain there)

you get combat glory based on difference RED vs BLUE end points which are showed in chat window

+you get extra combat glory/item from your score(X key)
  • Options
    noniussnoniuss Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    joukuoj32 wrote: »
    you get combat glory based on difference RED vs BLUE end points which are showed in chat window
    No you dont...been winning some games with like 900+ points difference, didnt get anywhere near that much glory...maybe its divided by 10 or something though.
    Also the glory gain seems to be increasing as i level up - it has gone from around 100-130 per match to 200-300 per match.
    Of course, it depends on whether you lose or not, anything beyond that is pretty much like magic for me, though it would seem logical if it took kills, assists and general score into account.
    Anyways, i am hoping as well that this will get clarified in wiki one day.
  • Options
    keterysketerys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When it tells you bonus stuff, it's bonus on top of another amount. The most glory it's ever told me I got was one of my worst matches, because I didn't earn bonus stuff.

So, yeah, when it tells you your awesomeness got you 25 glory, check your tab and note that you get 200. Then 25. Similarly, when you get a blue, it doesn't tell you about any glory, but honest, you got some. Bad reporting is bad.
  • Options
    kenjidoomkenjidoom Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2013
    I did PvP once, and got 5 Glory...What does it cost to get anything with Glory?
  • Options
    perfectindigoperfectindigo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You get glory based on your level, whether you won or lost, and how high in the ladder rankings you were. You don't get more based on how much your team won or lost by. You get double the glory for winning than losing. You can get about a 10% glory bonus for good performance.

At level 60, you get 700 for a win and 350 for a loss, not counting any performance bonuses, arena pvp hour bonuses, and any glory boost items you have.

The amount of glory seems confusing as you level up because level is a big factor in how much glory you earn, so it seems different every time.
  • Options
    bountyunter23bountyunter23 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Agree with comment below that there must be a calculation algorithm. It may include a random component, but it would be nice to know where the number comes from. What is the algorithm?
    My concern is that, if a players "quits" and just stays at the re spawn point, does that affect the glory gained by other team members?