test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When I will be able to play my GF on Tier 2 epic dungeons?

leomutretaleomutreta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'm one of the many guardian fighters that has lost his spot for a second cleric on T2 epic dungeons.

Since Guardian Fighters cannot affect more than 5 mobs simultaneously with their skills, they are useless facing the add spawning combat fest that are the bosses on T2 epic dungeons. I don't understand why Cryptic don't even care about it.

My only pass time in Neverwinter now is playing professions at the gateway... maybe I should get my account password to my wife so she can craft for me while I play Metro Last Light. She is experienced in Farmville so the profession system may interest her a bit.
Post edited by leomutreta on

Comments

• Options
    riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1. GF = Guardian Fighter, not Guardian, period. You're not supposed to be the end-all, be-all tank.

2. You could start your own groups.

3. You could level a different class.

Not that I don't think they need to make GFs more viable, but just sayin'.
  • Options
    leomutretaleomutreta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    1. GF = Guardian Fighter, not Guardian, period. You're not supposed to be the end-all, be-all tank.

1 - What am I supposed to be then? If a class don't shine at any role, it is useless. Its like having a rogue that don't do damage, a mage that do not control anything and a cleric that don't heal. Your sentence don't make any sense.

2 - There's something easier around... 2 clerics groups. Since its easier, no one is interested in trying the harder way. If I start my own group, it will end up having 5 bored and depressed guardians.

3 - Rolling a new class is not a solution.
  • Options
    tooonetwotooonetwo Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    2 clerics work because they stack buffs and make their entire team invulnerable to death... It makes perfect sense because why spend money on pots, revive spells, kits and whatever else when you can do it easier with another cleric...

You think you've got it bad? Go look at the mass amount of GFW's quitting this game because they get booted out of every single party they join at 60...
  • Options
    rycegamingrycegaming Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Join a guild. Make some friends and hold hands and farm together.
  • Options
    tooonetwotooonetwo Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    not every cleric wants to hold your team at the expense of their enjoyment.
  • Options
    s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hopefully they will fix things up soon, nothing kills interest in a game faster than having the class you enjoy playing being useless.
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »

You are clueless...

GF are the tank of the game. As Clerics are the healers, CW are crowd control, Rogue DPS, GWF a mix...

GF are completely broken in the current meta unless they run Conq. The Tactic and Protection trees are broken. Threat is broken and if you read any of the cleric/GF forums you wouldn't be posting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this.

Yes GF are great all the way up through T1. Once you get to T2 there is honestly no reason to bring a GF to any T2. If your guild brings you it is to carry you. They would be MUCH better off leaving you to pasture. Yes, if you respec and roll a DPS GF you are viable but you will still have massive threat issues. However at least the group your with can justify you being there.
  • Options
    supp1shsupp1sh Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    have an organized group. it's possible to run t2 with one of each class. that's all i do with my guild and friends. we still beat the bosses, it just takes longer and is rough. me and the GWF pretty much move as one and that is how we keep all aggro. also, tip that works for us: if there is a ton of adds out, pull them all to boss so that the cleric can disengage and the rest of you will all be hitting threat. very hard for the mobs to break out even with the broken threat mechanics.

not saying this works 100% of the time, but, like i said, i run t2 as a gf with one rogue, one cleric, one GWF, and one CW :D

p.s. to repeat myself b4 anyone starts raging. THIS WAY IS MORE DIFFICULT IN CURRENT GAME. WE KNOW THIS But still run it this way because it makes us better and the thought of cheesing the game because the devs haven't fixed it only makes bad players who think they should run dungeons with 2 clerics or cause the GFs to leave the game. both of which will hurt the life of this game
    MAKE MARK HIT ENEMY AND ALL ENEMIES AROUND IT.
    MAKE THREATENING RUSH A 2-3 SECOND TAUNT THAT STILL MARKS THE SAME WAY.
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rycegaming wrote: »
    Join a guild. Make some friends and hold hands and farm together.

I have a guild and I have run T2s with them. It was also made very clear that I should reroll to a DC if I seriously wanted to tank. It was also very obvious to me and the group that I was being carried through the boss fight.

Just because you can hammer a square peg into a round hole doesn't mean it fits
  • Options
    tymefortymefor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    You are clueless...

GF are the tank of the game. As Clerics are the healers, CW are crowd control, Rogue DPS, GWF a mix...

GF are completely broken in the current meta unless they run Conq. The Tactic and Protection trees are broken. Threat is broken and if you read any of the cleric/GF forums you wouldn't be posting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this.

Yes GF are great all the way up through T1. Once you get to T2 there is honestly no reason to bring a GF to any T2. If your guild brings you it is to carry you. They would be MUCH better off leaving you to pasture. Yes, if you respec and roll a DPS GF you are viable but you will still have massive threat issues. However at least the group your with can justify you being there.

not sure what these MASSIVE threat issues are, once you spec dps you dont have threat issues anymore, for each point of damage you recieve 1.25 points of threat. so unless you are doing 25% less damage than your dps threat isnt an issue. if you are doing that much less your arent doing it right or you are to undergeared.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tymefor wrote: »
    not sure what these MASSIVE threat issues are, once you spec dps you dont have threat issues anymore, for each point of damage you recieve 1.25 points of threat. so unless you are doing 25% less damage than your dps threat isnt an issue. if you are doing that much less your arent doing it right or you are to undergeared.

My issue is I am running Tactics (the threat generation tree) and I have to pay PWE for a respec to Conq to run DPS and generate real threat... when I really want to tank.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

You must be playing with some really bad dps rogue.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rycegaming wrote: »
    You must be playing with some really bad dps rogue.

LOL, didn't even think of this one... might explain his post. Try running with some 10k+ GS TR/CW you know then ones hitting for 50-80k while you hit the Boss for 2k crits
  • Options
    supp1shsupp1sh Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013

so why do we have other specs? apparently they should have just put in conqueror and explained the guardian fighter is a armored dps class (aka what the GWF is described as). anytime a game forces a class into one spec, it has some broken mechanic. 100% of the time
    MAKE MARK HIT ENEMY AND ALL ENEMIES AROUND IT.
    MAKE THREATENING RUSH A 2-3 SECOND TAUNT THAT STILL MARKS THE SAME WAY.
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What shocks me is the class devs have done NOTHING. They have not replied to one post. It is 4 weeks after the launch and we have not seen one class balance tweak, not one bug fix, or even any hinters on when this might or may happen.

Coming from Rift at least they communicated with the community and worked with us. PWE has done nothing... (class devs that is)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They did nerf rogue

by like 1 dps.
  • Options
    byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    Well they are going to fix the double cleric shield stacking, hopefully soon cuz its trivializing content.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What shocks me is the class devs have done NOTHING. They have not replied to one post. It is 4 weeks after the launch and we have not seen one class balance tweak, not one bug fix, or even any hinters on when this might or may happen.

Coming from Rift at least they communicated with the community and worked with us. PWE has done nothing... (class devs that is)

Don't hold your breath. STO has been pretty badly imbalanced for a long time. I don't think Cryptic balances classes.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not having trouble finding groups on my GF (12k), I out damage everyone except a decent TR, I do 5-7m damage on spider temple runs, 5m if the CW are good at throwing everything out.
  • Options
    tweeter83tweeter83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i love how ppl think trash pull dps matters guardians dps and utility is **** on boss and thats all that counts. i guess you guys are the same tards in wow raids that would post overall recount meters instead of boss meters.
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tweeter83 wrote: »
    i love how ppl think trash pull dps matters guardians dps and utility is **** on boss and thats all that counts. i guess you guys are the same tards in wow raids that would post overall recount meters instead of boss meters.

Actually that's not really true at all in this game. Add dps matters a lot since every boss fight is full of them and less time on adds = more time on boss. Isn't really like WOW at all.
  • Options
    tweeter83tweeter83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you aint hitting but 5 things broski no matter how much aoe you think you are doing slot villians menance if u want to hit more than 5 and think you are doing real dps but you aren't no matter how much you think you earn your spot you are just being carried.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have a guild and I have run T2s with them. It was also made very clear that I should reroll to a DC if I seriously wanted to tank. It was also very obvious to me and the group that I was being carried through the boss fight.

Just because you can hammer a square peg into a round hole doesn't mean it fits

Thats the main problem to the logic of people pointing "join a guild" as a solution. The sense that you are being carried and is more a hindrance than a help to the group kills the fun for me.