test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP Botter

abloecabloec Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just wanted to post this so hopefully a Cryptic employee sees this and takes care of this persons account. A person going by the name of Torbera Stoneheart was botting in a pvp match with me earlier. He has been doing this since lvl 1. Heres a video for proof. http://www.twitch.tv/abloec/b/404978278

This person was not standing still, he was jumping randomly and spamming heal.
Post edited by abloec on

Comments

• Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So he was just standing there the whole time. Doesn't mean he is a bot.
  • Options
    thehadrielthehadriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    As good as a bot....
  • Options
    abloecabloec Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you not watch the video? >.< it astounds me how dense the world population is.
  • Options
    badatmathbadatmath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What would you call him then?
  • Options
    jenniskr2jenniskr2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ruins the game-play for others, another word for people like that would be parasite.
    7vlbg.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I watched the video. He stood there. DOES NOT mean he is a bot.
  • Options
    jesusjim19jesusjim19 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "This person was not standing still, he was jumping randomly and spamming heal."

Isn't that just standard mmo combat?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I cannot believe ppl are defending a botter.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You have no idea what a bot is. I have been playing mmos since 2000. That is NOT a bot. Don't like it. Not my problem.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    *sigh* hes randomly jumping and healing while standing in a ****ing rez point for the whole match, not to mention hes wearing gear that you receive from doing the ****ing tutorial. You sir are just a troll. Also fine, maybe hes not a bot and hes actually playing the game. This is just as bad. Way I look at it a bot is a program that does a repetitive task. That is a bot plain and simple and if you say its not than your nothing more than an ignorant tool.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    He is indeed wearing some epic loots, obviously from all the non-botting he did outside of PVP.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    abloec wrote: »
    *sigh* hes randomly jumping and healing while standing in a ****ing rez point for the whole match, not to mention hes wearing gear that you receive from doing the ****ing tutorial. You sir are just a troll. Also fine, maybe hes not a bot and hes actually playing the game. This is just as bad. Way I look at it a bot is a program that does a repetitive task. That is a bot plain and simple and if you say its not than your nothing more than an ignorant tool.

And you just got reported for being rude.
  • Options
    novoihelvettinovoihelvetti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Botting is completely different then using a script that uses jump or skill every 10sec.

Bot would actually seek a target and fire some skills. Bots are used to farm some easy mobs over and over again while the owner of bot is not at the computer at all.
  • Options
    lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013

and you got reported for trolling.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    He called you a troll, get over it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hahaha nice try cause I ain't trolling. I actually know what I am talking about. that is just someone sitting at their computer doing somethings so they are not considered afk
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    " Botting " is doing any task with no user input or repetitive tasks that are handled by a program, like a macro.

Autofire is a program that Everquest players used for years and can be used in situations like this in Neverwinter.

That is an example of botting.
  • Options
    krowbarrkrowbarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a bot is a program so he wouldnt be randomly jumping there would be some sequence to it.. and i cbf watching this **** because everyone knows what goes on at pvp and hopefully giving time they will fix it.. i have gone up against ppl like these and yes they even sometimes answer you in the chat.. they dont care .. cant ban someone for sitting at a spawn point just get leader to kick them out of group or wait till the fix comes in, but most ppl complaining are impatient and demand everything is fixed right away and think it is as simple to fix as that
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hahaha nice try cause I ain't trolling. I actually know what I am talking about. that is just someone sitting at their computer doing somethings so they are not considered afk
    Can you please show me the vid of him sitting at his computer mashing the same keys over and over to farm glory and exp?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    krowbarr wrote: »
    a bot is a program so he wouldnt be randomly jumping there would be some sequence to it.. and i cbf watching this **** because everyone knows what goes on at pvp and hopefully giving time they will fix it.. i have gone up against ppl like these and yes they even sometimes answer you in the chat.. they dont care .. cant ban someone for sitting at a spawn point just get leader to kick them out of group or wait till the fix comes in, but most ppl complaining are impatient and demand everything is fixed right away and think it is as simple to fix as that

I agree, but you can run Autofire on separate occasions to hit a key randomly.

Autofire 1, Interval 5 sec : Jump
    Autofire 2 Interval 9 sec : Heal
    Autofire 3 Interval 15 sec : Window Select 1 for Respawn
    Autofire 4 Interval 20 sec : /say Cookies

You, AFK Rubbing one out.

Botting...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It just seems like people want to play semantics. It's rather irritating, heres a rather easy definition of botting "A solution that automates and generates control input without any player action."
  • Options
    squareysquarey Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lichlament wrote: »
    I agree, but you can run Autofire on separate occasions to hit a key randomly.

Autofire 1, Interval 5 sec : Jump
    Autofire 2 Interval 9 sec : Heal
    Autofire 3 Interval 15 sec : Window Select 1 for Respawn
    Autofire 4 Interval 20 sec : /say Cookies

You, AFK Rubbing one out.

Botting...

Oh yeah? (old)Hot key programs/scripting tools can read 'windows' within a DX environment? No, you're ignorant. Pixel reading is the furthest they go, and it isn't the least bit reliable. Let's not forgot the bot has to leave the pvp match after, leave the group, re-queue, join when the queue pops, realize it's in the battle and stop queuing, then start your magic macro. Lets see your script for that.
  • Options
    yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm new to this world so maye I'm confused about terms.

I always called that type a 'Piker'.

A 'Bot' implies he has a program to auto run his character doesn't it?

I didn't see that in the video.

But besides the semantics it sucks that he would be a Piker.

Some people will trade their honor for anything.

What I want to know is in the CW video you have posted who is playing the violin cover of 'Heatbreaker' in the background?
  • Options
    vedrixsoriovedrixsorio Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's just a macro script.

I was in a match yesterday with someone multiboxing all 5 characters doing the same thing. They all did it in unison at the same time intervals too. AFK PVP 1, PWE/customers 0.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yarknarf wrote: »
    What I want to know is in the CW video you have posted who is playing the violin cover of 'Heatbreaker' in the background?

Sadly I don't know its my Pandora playlist.
  • Options
    rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    abloec wrote: »
    Just wanted to post this so hopefully a Cryptic employee sees this and takes care of this persons account. A person going by the name of (such-and-such) was botting in a pvp match with me earlier. He has been doing this since lvl 1. Heres a video for proof. http://www.twitch.tv/abloec/b/404978278

This person was not standing still, he was jumping randomly and spamming heal.

Just to let you know, using character names, especially in a negative way, is against the rules of this forum. To avoid problems, you should edit out the name.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • Options
    cujo669cujo669 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't really get this. I mean it may be a little suspicious at best but that's it. I see no proof of any kind there.

I'm sure if someone would take a video of the OP soloing/farming and blurr out the name, no doubt the OP would say; There, you see that guy all he does is hack and slash and heal for sure a botter ban please!