[Guide] ==> Xpadder Configs for Neverwinter <==

jackal242jackal242 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Guides
Also see:
==> Microsoft XBOX Controller for Windows Configuration <==

and

pinnacle game profiler info

capturehmx.png

Xpadder config for NeverWinter. Need to upload this to the forums.

Nice bonus is I can dodge during combat by clicking the left joystick. And I can respond to Need/Greed/Pass with left joystick click right bumper (shift+2). Perfect.

I can do everything from the controller now.
Post edited by jackal242 on

Comments

• jackal242jackal242 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Opps I forgot spacebar should have been R so you can press A to jump like normal.
    capture2ez.png
  • ploidzploidz Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks, I should probably try this. I love playing games on controller. I wonder how it will work for this game though.
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's almost perfect except one thing you should swap left/right camera rotation and left/right movement so the camera rotates with the left stick that way you can move and turn with a single thumb.
    @Powerblast in game
  • jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have been doing this since the launch. kinda useful for making macros. link all 3 encounters to one button!
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • ploidzploidz Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After messing with it in the pvp room for a bit, this feels awesome. On mouse and kb I'm a bit jittery when things start getting heated up, but I'm so used to dual analog and controller under pressure that I think I may stick to this. The only problem is when I feel like going in my inventory and changing up abilities, but I can put those on a more accessible keyboard button and hurry up back to the controller.

Hmm macros. I'm kinda new to the way macros work in mmo's but this could work for me. A macro for Knight's Challenge > Lunging Strike > Anvil of Doom. Going to try this, thanks.

Edit 2 seconds later: holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, one button press = button of doom.
  • jackal242jackal242 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The best part is being able to run AND left joystick CLICK (shift) so you DODGE/TELEPORT out of the way during combat. I love that.

Also, right joystick click is F so you can interact to loot, and bumpers 1 and 2 for dialogs.

3,4,5 are your potions. This really works perfect.
  • jagondragonjagondragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Am I missing where to get the profile?
  • saikotronsaikotron Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah dude, where is the profile to be downloaded??
  • sofarsohappy1sofarsohappy1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    can anyone help? i set up xpadder and it works on my desktop to move the mouse cursor about. then i log into game with arc and xpadder isnt working in game?
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    unfortunately there is no official support for this, but you can check out this thread that may help you achieve what you're trying to do.
  • paulstephencoxpaulstephencox Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I seem to have the same problem when I use pinnacle.
    can anyone help? i set up xpadder and it works on my desktop to move the mouse cursor about. then i log into game with arc and xpadder isnt working in game?
  • iamruneiamrune Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I know what it is! this is Arc now requireing the game to be run in Administrator mode.

This means in order for Xpadder or other programs to work in never winter,m you have to Open those programs in Administrator mode as well.. by right clicking your Icon and selecting that instead of just double clicking it open.