test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is there customer service.. at all?

arlandinoarlandino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I reported a problem on Sunday with not being able to re-aquire quests that have been abandoned. I had one in Neverdead Graveyard and one in Ebon Downs. I can no longer get the quests which is also preventing me from getting the zone achievements.

I submitted my ticket on Sunday 5/12. I also submitted bug reports on Monday and Tuesday.

I have been checking my email everyday for a response and have received nothing....except a coupon offering me 15%more Zen if I spend 50$ ... lol. How about you fix your game and answer customer support issues before I spend another cent. I don't want this thread to turn into a flame thread about the astronomical prices in the Zen shop and the greed factor here but is anyone else actually getting responses on their tickets?
Post edited by arlandino on

Comments

• Options
    arlandinoarlandino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    still no response and problem not fixed
  • Options
    anashimanashim Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    In the past, I shared your complaint about unresponsiveness of Customer Service. But recently, I have seen an effort by the staff to communicate. Personally, I have received reallife responses from Customer Service to each of my concerns. So, they are making an effort, and ultimately this instills trust.

Regarding your issue specifically. I agree it is a serious problem. When I decline on a quest, it is only because I dont want to do it right now. Usually because there are other quests still in progress. I certainly want to accept the quest later. I appreciate when the Map screen mentions Quests Available.

I hope the devs make declined quests remain available.

From my own experience, I am confident the technical team, designers and developers, do read and try to resolve ticket items. However, some concerns are more difficult to resolve than others. Continuing to make declined quests available, requires rewriting the computer code. A big deal because it delays other features that are in the works to implement.

In this particular situation, not getting feedback seems to me to be a good sign. They read it, cant resolve it immediately, but are probably adding it to the list of things to do.
  • Options
    mourilssmourilss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thats simply how perfekt world customer service is goin on.
    Best example is a friend of mine got a reply on his ticket last week, he submitted the ticket in summer 2011.
    So waiting 2 years of a support answer? yeah customer service at its best
  • Options
    kardymankardyman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    My ticket has been going on two weeks, combine minimum CS staff with incredibly over bloated support queue, and you get this.

Just imagine how many "support tickets" there are with suggestions :)
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arlandino wrote: »
    still no response and problem not fixed

That's nothing. I have a 9 day old ticket that's still not answered. Now I just want to see how long it goes for before I get a response lol.
  • Options
    rycegamingrycegaming Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    I have a bugged quest item that can't be discard and ticket be open for 2 weeks now, I've recently updated it/renew it but still no response. I guess because it's F2P, customer service will be poor. Like if it's P2P, like GW2, they answer your ticket within 1-2 days.
  • Options
    tooonetwotooonetwo Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    my ticket was answered instantly with an automated response and then closed while being labeled as responded yes. It was only a temp bug with AD's, but still being ignored is frustrating as all hell
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Customer Support is heavily backlogged at the moment. They are going through tickets as fast as they can but they are only human and the number of tickets they are getting is...astronomical.
    Sadly we just have to ask for your patience until the number of tickets goes down.

FYI, though, please use the in-game bug report system or the bug report forums. Any time there are alternative means to deal with the situation, such as bug reporting, for the time being I'm sure they would much appreciate it.
    Of course they don't mind if you do send a ticket to submit a bug report or ask a question which could be found on the forums, but the less tickets they have to answer the faster they can get around to the more important problems such as lost security issues.

They're working hard day and night but they can only do so much. :(
  • Options
    rycegamingrycegaming Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Is there only like 1 guy hired?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    rycegaming wrote: »
    Is there only like 1 guy hired?

Of course not. I don't know the exact number but it is no small amount.
    Problem is they are getting thousands of tickets to deal with and there are only so many hours in the day.
  • Options
    garrisddgarrisdd Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    Of course not. I don't know the exact number but it is no small amount.
    Problem is they are getting thousands of tickets to deal with and there are only so many hours in the day.

While I appreciate they are being swamped with tickets, it is little consolation to those of us who are hacked waiting to get our accounts back.

I think it would be better if we could get automated responses that gave us a relative ETA, like where we are in line or something.
  • Options
    sundervinesundervine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree there seems to be no CS prioritizing at all. You have some sort of automated system that will send out emails, you could easily implement some sort of threat level or priority level system. I mean I have had my account stolen now for 70 hours, I have received nothing but automated junk.
    It is really getting under my skin. This is not some I am missing my sword, this is someone missing their account and its not prioritized! Thing is, I am pretty sure your gateway is the problem, since I have read other people having the same problem after using it. That was as of yesterday but have you guys made any kind of warning maybe that there has been a problem? Maybe even mention that account guard does not protect your account? Since if someone gets your log in and password they can just jolly pop in and change your email, and all you get in response is, O hey you changed your email address. If you did not do this email customer service. Then they give you an automated response that says log into your account from the website and change your password. Yeah that helps.
    Hey why not make you use account guard on.... ACCOUNT CHANGES! wow what a concept.... Really.
  • Options
    v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they're probably heavily understaffed like most support centers. It's a sad truth that big gaming companies are not willing to invest enough in their support staff.
  • Options
    pepto2pepto2 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My Kaspersky Antivirus blocked the most recent launcher update because it has no digital signature (this means the files could have been tampered with) and I won't be using the game until the launcher I use is signed by Cryptic/somebody actually working on the game.

Especially since the EULA says they will not guarantee no viruses, and if you lose all your items and somebody takes your $400 in zen, the only thing you can do is go to arbitration for $10.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Customer Support is heavily backlogged at the moment.

They're working hard day and night but they can only do so much. :(
    Hire more people.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have submitted two bug reports also. I promise I'm patient but this is kind of a big issue that should be addressed in patch notes or something too no?

Edit: IE : A warning to not abandon quests at this point in time or you will completely ruin your chances of getting certain achievements?